How much do mma gyms cost?...what is high? and what is low?

I paid in full for 15 months at Xtreme Couture in Toronto. It worked out to be $55 a month!!!! Now thats a steal considering they have Mark Bocek,Chris Horodecki,Mark Hominick,and Clifton Brown teaching there!

I pay $60 a month at a Muay Thai gym for 6 days a week. There's a one hour class everyday amd you can go in and train anytime on your own (in the evenings). Its a really small club so you can work privately with the owner pretty much everyday. They do train MMA but the ground game is pretty weak so I joined the local wrestling club ($150 for the year!). They have a grappling submission coach I work with privately (there's anywhere form 2-10 coaches at a practice, one was a Canadian olympic wrestler). That's 3 days a week.

So for $72 a month covers my stand-up and ground and train whenever I want (expect sundays).

Wow. That's some righteous prices for good training. Place by me (15minutes) charges $100 a month with 6 month contract. Train all you want in BJJ-MT-Boxing, but since I work evenings I can only go 2x a week. So I'm like hmmmmm.

New York Martial Arts Gym (NYMAG) - Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) Training in the Hudson Valley, NY - MMA Gyms Dutchess County - MMA Gyms Orange County, NY

I got another place further away that teaches Sambo with Vladamir Koulikov that I have yet to check out. The Sambo intrigues me more as it's much, much rarer to find a school with an authentic Sambo master. Ultimate Sambo Corp

I also pay $60 a month for Balintawak lessons with a semi-private teacher that I really love and refuse to give up.

So once I get the cost of Sambo training it's all going to come down to scheduling & pricing.

I train at Redline Fight Sports in Cambridge, MA and they've got some pretty sweet prices. It's basically a sliding scale where you'll pay less per month, the longer you sign up. You can sign up for 12 months, 7 months, 4 months, or 1 month. 1 month is pretty expensive, but 12 months is a STEAL!

It's wicked flexible too. There are 5 different programs -- MMA unlimited (where you can take any class), Kickboxing, Boxing, BJJ, and Fighter Fitness (conditioning). If you sign up for a year in the MMA program, it's 115 a month which is the best deal in the area. The gym is open all day and there's morning, noon time, and evening classes. Between all the different programs, there's always striking (boxing or Sanda), grappling (Wrestling or BJJ), and conditioning classes every night Monday-Friday. As for weekends, there's kickboxing and BJJ on Saturday and Wrestling and BJJ on Sunday. And on top of that, there's 3 MMA classes a week.

When you take student/military/police and fighter discounts into consideration, it's an amazing deal. But even the standard, non-discounted rates are the lowest you'll encounter in this area forr MMA. There are a few similarly priced gyms and some that go up to 200 +

$100 a month is par for the course.

Legion BJJ (my 1'st gym), owned by Cameron Diffley (Forrest's BJJ coach) was 89.
Xtreme Couture was 130 per month for 2 days a week.
The hole in the wall boxing/ jits gym I go to now (Hit Pit MMA) is 49 a month.

If anyone here owns/runs an mma establishment, can you tell us why there is such a price disparity between mma gyms and pure boxing gyms? I reckon it has something to do with most mma gyms being recently constructed, and still paying off their initial capital debt. But besides that, is it simply because people are willing to pay that much, or are the actual costs higher (insurance, etc)?

I'm guessing it depends where you are. The MMA gyms here (NYC) are actually cheaper than the costs for training in boxing. Boxing is more individualized instruction and the trainers tend to charge per session. I've never been to a group boxing glass that wasn't an absolute joke. A place like Mendez Boxing, you can pay 185 a month for training with one of the staff trainers, this is the cheapest I've seen for good boxing in the city. You can go to a place like Evolution Muay Thai (which has awesome bjj and wrestling classes) for like 150 a month.

Gracie tampa=$135.00 well worth it my game skyrocketed and they bring in a shit ton of pros I got to meet Lidell

I'm in the NoVA/DC area (and as a previous poster mentioned) all the gyms here are usually between $100 - $200 per month for unlimited training. Most of the gyms in the area are part of Team Lloyd Irvin and they all seem to have similar pricing.

Of course, there are exceptions. There's a Pedro Sauer gym in the area that's $45 per month per class, but you only get to train 3 times per week per class (so if you did Muay Thai and BJJ it would be 3 Muay Thai classes and 3 BJJ classes per week, totaling 6 sessions per week). I'd consider this to be the EXTREME low end of the pricing spectrum.

Most gym owners also seem to be reasonable about working out payment options if you pay up front in cash. Also if you stay at the same gym for a while (say 8 months) and you're going every day and working with the fighters, you're probably going to get a bit of a discount (at least in my experiences)

Back