How much do mma gyms cost?...what is high? and what is low?

Williestubz2010

White Belt
Reaction score
Im trying to find a gym for me...and theres a gym in my area...and the deal we worked out is that i train muay thai with strength training after on mondays...brazilian jiu jitsu on wednesdays...and fridays brazilian jiu jitsuo again...so i train 3 days out of the week and it cost $100 a month...if i want to add classes but i believe its more...100 a month for what i mentioned...is that good?

this is the gym im looking at
The Center Martial Arts - Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Muay Thai, MMA, Full Contact Japanese Karate located in Bridgeport, CT

Last edited:
Not bad. My gym is about 200 but you can go to every class they offer 6 days a week for that. Pretty sure most gyms are in that range 100-200 for unlimited classes

100 a month isn't bad for 3 days a week.
Your standup will suffer from only training once per week, but it's better than nothing.

Remember not to sign any long term contracts either....try it out for a couple months first and see how you like it.

This isn't a bad deal. Actually toward the lower end of the range. Facility looks great and instructor for JiuJitsu looks good.

A better way to work your stand up is to find your local PAL Boxing Gym and pay much less but get much better instruction.

My old gym was about $150 a month for adults.

If you can cross train and get striking and grappling for 100 a month, assuming that the trainers are quality, then put your gear on and go train. I live in LA and even the low level gyms are more expensive than that. Closer to 200

$200 should be the high end, $100 the low end.

I fall in the middle of the spectrum. I get 5 hours of MT (more to come as our school just opened) from Duane Bang, 10+ BJJ classes (again more to come), MMA, Kali, Yoga, and Cardio Boxing/Kickboxing and were a Robson Moura Affiliate.

I used to train unlimited MT in L.A. for $100/month. That was a steal. There are some fancy MMA gyms in L.A. that are like $300/mo. and I think I read that Pat Miletich charges like $400/week to train in Iowa. I'm in the D.C. area now and everything seems to be in the $120-200/mo range depending on how often you train so you have a decent deal.

My Muay Thai gym had a deal with the BJJ gym on the floor below it and I think it was $130/month for unlimited training at both gyms. Both gyms are open 7 days/week. The only catch is that neither one has specific MMA classes.

$150/mo for unlimited classes 6 days a week here, do cardio, MT, and BJJ mon, wed and fri. tues, thurs and sat is MMA, BJJ, and sparring.

If anyone here owns/runs an mma establishment, can you tell us why there is such a price disparity between mma gyms and pure boxing gyms? I reckon it has something to do with most mma gyms being recently constructed, and still paying off their initial capital debt. But besides that, is it simply because people are willing to pay that much, or are the actual costs higher (insurance, etc)?

I'll echo what has already been said, $100 - $200 per month for unlimited training, depending on location.

the muay thai gym i go to is 3 days a week (1.5 hours per session - so 4.5 hours per week). and it costs 230$ every 3 months. pretty good deal if you ask me.
there's bjj classes also but i just moved here so i havnt looked into that yet

I've been on all sides of the spectrum. Legion BJJ in Vegas was $79 a month for me, which I would consider pretty mid ranged. Xtreme Couture was $130 a month for 2 days a week of training, I would consider that very expensive (but worth it for the quality & variety). The place I've gone recently (prior to my knee injury) was $50 a month, and had good jits/ boxing instruction, i'd consider that probably the cheapest you'd find.

My gym is 100 a month for unlimited training mon-thurs. Open mat on fridays. Grappling and kickboxing both offered in the morning and afternoon (mid day too if you get permission to train with the pros). Also offer a conditioning class.

Pretty much all day as long as a class doesn't need the mats, cage or ring you are free to use them.

Man, MMA is quickly becoming a "Rich Man's Sport". You would think that with the explosion of popularity, MMA gyms would become cheaper so more people can join.

IMO, I think it's because most people try it for a month and quit because it's too hard for them. Only the hardcore fans stick around, so we are stuck with paying the gym's expensive bills.

$130 a month for unlimited classes

Man, MMA is quickly becoming a "Rich Man's Sport". You would think that with the explosion of popularity, MMA gyms would become cheaper so more people can join.

IMO, I think it's because most people try it for a month and quit because it's too hard for them. Only the hardcore fans stick around, so we are stuck with paying the gym's expensive bills.

$130 a month for unlimited classes

I think they keep it high to keep out the "I train UFC" douchebags who just come in and try to play tough guy and hurt people and who also would hurt people on the street.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back