How much do commercials on free cards bother you?

Andrewwawa

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I love free cards; especially watching rising contenders and all of that on them

but it bothers me maybe more than it should that I cant watch the corner speak to their guys between rounds.

Anybody else?

I don't watch fights to watch people talk. I watch them to see someone bleed.

It'd be nice to see corner talk but for a free event I'll take what I can get to be honest.

It'd be nice to see corner talk but for a free event I'll take what I can get to be honest.

I agree.
I just always grunt when I hear the corner starting to talk and then seeing it cut off

The commercials do bother me, but not for the reasons you mention. I don't think that Fox/UFC has the timing of the fights and commercials dialed in yet. I find the similarly numerous commercials in college football to be far less bothersome due to their nailed timing.

That being said, too bad the UFC couldn't get a deal with Showtime or HBO. No commercials and the channels aren't too expensive!

On the UFC webfeed they show the walk-ins & corner between rounds.

The downside is that it's about 30 seconds delayed from the live broadcast.

The commercials do bother me, but not for the reasons you mention. I don't think that Fox/UFC has the timing of the fights and commercials dialed in yet. I find the similarly numerous commercials in college football to be far less bothersome due to their nailed timing.

Very true. I think the awkward timing ticks me off a bit as well

We hardly get them on the Australian broadcast, maybe 1 commercial break between each fight

I miss the punditry between rounds but because most free cards don't have Joe Rogan anyway, I don't really care.

If a fight's less exciting or between unknown fighters, the commercials will sometimes have me checking my cell phone or whatever until I look up and realize it's midway through the next round. At least it's free, though.

It sucks but you gotta deal with it. I guess that's what makes PPV so awesome sometimes.

Back