How much do 125lb boxers make compared to mma?

mmacasualviewer

Hardcores vs Casuals
@red
Reaction score
Ive never heard of these guys either. Money fights like Mayweather, GGG are legit 140-170lb fighters.

Lomachenko makes 7 figures but is slightly bigger than 125 pounds

Take whatever UFC fighters make and times it by ten.

There's been some big ones.

Barrera I think was his name?

Didn't Naseem Hamed fight at 126lb? He's probably worth 30-50 million.

^^
prince naseem changed the game for the little guys, he was the featherweight cash cow getting paid five million gurantee a fight and more for british ppv i think he retired with 75 million in the bank. No other feather made the type of cash he did, if he was around in the social media era he would be a massive draw today, he would make twenty million a fight the guys persona and fight style was entertaining.

I remember floyd mayweahter trying to get a money fight with prince naseem hamed when floyd couldn't even sell out his hometown high school gym.

Manny pacquiao became the second biggest featherwieght draw after nazeem retired, pac surpassed nas in america though having more ppvs on hbo and in the states as a feather. But naz made more money as a feather.

Pacquiao was making a couple million like two to five million in his peak as a feather, i think als morales and barerra made a few million and this ten to twelve years ago.

He's also getting the connected Klitschko & Ukraine Civil War, New World Order money.

Rigondeaux 122 makes in the 500k- 750k range for his fights

Never heard of Lomanchenko? Frampton? Santa Cruz? Russell? Walters? Selby? Ok there.

Yeah, they're doing just fine. And pretty well respected

• Lomanchenko is making over 1mil for his fights.
  • Frampton and Santa Cruz made about 1mil and 900k respectively in their last fight
  • Gary made over 800k in one of his recent fights.
  • Walters contract against Loma was 500k with 300k for a win.
  • Selby made about 600k in his last fight.
  • Donaire and Rigondeaux fought for 1.32 million and 750k respectively for their championship fight 4 years ago.
People like watching em. Chocolatito is an incredible performer at 115, making half a mil, and I can't wait to see how he comes back from that upset. He may not be a $1mil purse-earner like Carbajal-Chiquito back in '93, but interest has been growing, especially with him on GGG's undercards.

Rigondeaux 122 makes in the 500k- 750k range for his fights

Wow that seems low for Guillermo. Chocolatito has have made a lot too right? Hes had 7 figure purses too, he fights 115.

People like watching em. Chocolatito is an incredible performer at 115, making half a mil, and I can't wait to see how he comes back from that upset. He may not be a $1mil purse-earner like Carbajal-Chiquito back in '93, but interest has been growing, especially with him on GGG's undercards.

I was actually wondering about Chocolatito and Carbajal and you answered my question. Thank you.
Is Marlon Tapales making good money?

Never heard of Lomanchenko? Frampton? Santa Cruz? Russell? Walters? Selby? Ok there.

Yeah, they're doing just fine. And pretty well respected

• Lomanchenko is making over 1mil for his fights.
  • Frampton and Santa Cruz made about 1mil and 900k respectively in their last fight
  • Gary made over 800k in one of his recent fights.
  • Walters contract against Loma was 500k with 300k for a win.
  • Selby made about 600k in his last fight.
  • Donaire and Rigondeaux fought for 1.32 million and 750k respectively for their championship fight 4 years ago.

Was just going to comment with a response like this and yeah , pretty much the boxing featherweight class makes more and are honestly way more respected in their field of combat than say the 125 division in MMA.

The pool is deeper in boxing, especially in the lighter weight class. It's a bitch to even crack the top 20 with all the japanese, thai and mexican fighters. Add in a sprinkling of killer cuban defectors.

^^
prince naseem changed the game for the little guys, he was the featherweight cash cow getting paid five million gurantee a fight and more for british ppv i think he retired with 75 million in the bank. No other feather made the type of cash he did, if he was around in the social media era he would be a massive draw today, he would make twenty million a fight the guys persona and fight style was entertaining.

I remember floyd mayweahter trying to get a money fight with prince naseem hamed when floyd couldn't even sell out his hometown high school gym.

Manny pacquiao became the second biggest featherwieght draw after nazeem retired, pac surpassed nas in america though having more ppvs on hbo and in the states as a feather. But naz made more money as a feather.

Pacquiao was making a couple million like two to five million in his peak as a feather, i think als morales and barerra made a few million and this ten to twelve years ago.
At the time in the early 90s I thought he was a punk and hated the whole shtick but he was ahead of the game as a self promoter when you look back

Was just going to comment with a response like this and yeah , pretty much the boxing featherweight class makes more and are honestly way more respected in their field of combat than say the 125 division in MMA.
Because most recent MMA fans only know Tyson.

Mike Tyson made 30 mil at 125 then he went on to win the heavy weight title at 147.

lol, the DJ hate continues

I was actually wondering about Chocolatito and Carbajal and you answered my question. Thank you.
Is Marlon Tapales making good money?
I don't think so, but it's hard to judge. He has so few fights on a real world stage, being mainly just Asia-Pacific, and winning the world belt probably would have meant him seeing higher purses, (he took $37k as the challenger), his first defense had him actually losing some of his purse because he missed weight. So, he never really got the chance to start making money, and thanks to losing the belt, he probably won't for a while. I will say that the champion he took the title from, Puanglang, offered him 150k for a rematch, over 4 times what he made to challenge him, but that fight didn't happen, I can't tell ya why right now, no idea, I'd have to look it up further.

How much is Naoya Inoue making?
I don't know if fighters in Japan have their purses as publicized as American fighters, though now I'd like to find out how much him and the Kamedas make.

*edit* Oh hey, I didn't even look at who made the thread. Of course it was mmacasualviewer playing up his ignorant bit.

Back