How much damage can you do in one day of binging

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by Garnet_StrongerThanYou, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Texan6533 Fastest Gun in the West

If it’s one time and then back to business as usual you’ll be fine. Might have a bit of water retention for a day or so, but no biggie. Just don’t do it too often.

-Magua- likes this.
  2. NoGoodNamesLeft Red Belt

3. deadshot138 Silver Belt

Considering you've been eating at a deficit so long I don't think a cheat day is going to derail you

4. drstrangelov Hey.

Well, you’re not likely to lose weight between weigh ins this week, and if you’ve been tracking that regularly it’ll be a bit of a downer. It won’t make any different in the long term, as long as you don’t eat like that regularly. You’ll probably get ahead of the indulgence in a week or so at your current rate if you’re working out a lot. Figure you’ve got to burn 3000 excess calories from the day. You’re running something like a 500-1000cal deficit daily on your program. So it should even out quickly.

Might not be a bad idea to throw an occasional minor cheat day into the routine, if only to avoid full blown fat guy relapse.

5. Oblivian Aging Platinum Member

There are several guys with fitness channels that have "epic cheat day meals".

6. cocksure Silver Belt

damn society is soft as shit these days

7. FinalFight Black Belt

I ate a whole bar of dark chocolate yesterday after running on the treadmill. I felt a bit sick afterwards. :eek:

8. Gomi1977 Purple Belt

Barger-Compascuum (try pronouncing that one!)
    I'm an ecto, recently started lifting again after ~25 year break. I weigh about 183 lbs now (aiming for 203 by April 1st (no joke), and start cutting for the Summer sixpack then, which I hope to reach at 180-ish), and am on just under 4500 kcal a day, with ~300 gr protein and 430 gr carbs, and I still barely put on weight (maybe, maybe a pound a week).
    On cheat days, I can easily put away 7-8k of kcal, but never leads to (excess) weight gain. 4500 kcal is just about the sweet spot, lower, and I start dropping, higher, and I just plateau.
    Cheat days are: full English to start with, couple of cheeseburgers with a strawberry shake for lunch, and either a massive Chinese meal, or a double portion of spare ribs with fries for dinner, and a half pint of Ben & Jerry with a couple of beers at night.
    Cutting phase will simply be dropping the mass gainer from my shakes, and no isotonic drinks during workouts, should have me dropping about 1,5 pounds a week.

9. boingyman If can, can. If no can, no can.

That's the wrong way to look at it. You're basically asserting a "not as bad as" fallacy, although I don't want to make assumptions of what and how much you drink. Not saying binging on food is good, but excessive alcohol intake isn't any better just because of your A1c, which is incomplete without context.

10. moreorless87 Straba

I would imagine there is a limit to how much your body can take in over a short period in terms of putting on weight, the risk would likely be more causing digestive problems or potentially having too much sugar in your system.

11. clutchCAT420 Red Belt

An 8 ball and a few joints, followed by half a bottle of mezcal and a few beers.

FierceRedBelt likes this.
  12. buffpants22 one has to die several times while still alive.

Its probably good you did that. Your body needs and craves a binge from time to time. It probably did more good for your mental health than damaged your physical. Add 15 minutes of cardio onto your workouts for a few sessions.
    My cheat days look like that plus a pint of ben and jerrys.

13. DespicablePeep Red Belt

considering how fatass you are not enough to show up, you probably need to repeat that for a month.

14. fingercuffs Bills Mafia Platinum Member

How much weed had you smoked beforehand?

15. Garnet_StrongerThanYou Brown Belt

lol none. I only smoke weed or drink when I have company and my kids not here which isn’t often with quarantine.

Aside from that the little guys hugs are all I need to take the edge off.

fingercuffs likes this.
  16. fingercuffs Bills Mafia Platinum Member

Cute.
    I don't know how I was so deathly underweight when I was a stoner, I used to eat absolute rubbish, and nearly ate my way through the whole BK menu one evening.

17. Seeahtik Interim Offshoot Champion

Well, the post I was replying to was specific to alcohol and diabetics. I'm aware that binge drinking isn't a healthy thing

boingyman likes this.
  18. PokerandMMA Brown Belt

Don't make a habit of it. I was around 200 and got down to 175. Then I ate so much in the following month or two that I got back around 195. Shit can happen quick and now I need to go back and try to get to 175 again. Fuck.

19. Bald1 War Room Can

I'm off to get a Sriracha burger from BK. I'll get back to you once I have a sit down on the throne.

20. Amerikuracana Plutonium Belt

There’s more to it than that. With certain people eating those unhealthy things changes their metabolism and puts fat straight on the spare tire.