Opinion How much damage can Biden and Pelosi still do with a Republican Senate?

With any luck the senate should be able to screw over anything they try.

how long until they start a few more military conflicts by executive order? Then I realized the senate likes war too.

Last time i checked, the Senate was 48/48, i dunno what that means exactly, but it seems like neither can do shit.

The house can only do so much without control of the Senate. And the SCOTUS is now controlled by conservatives as well.

A lot of these Republicans are RINOs and will be sympathetic to far-leftist democrats. Just wait and see, if Biden takes power.

And when there is a tie she decides.

200.gif

Ties are very likely when the Senate is this even.

hio Rational Poster,

that runoff in Georgia for that Senate seat, as Mr. Biden would say, is going to be a big effing deal.

- IGIT

how long until they start a few more military conflicts by executive order? Then I realized the senate likes war too.

Foreign policy is one of the few things both parties agree on

They are pretty much the same. They will stand by and watch the country burn and go home to their big house, wife and steak dinner.

hiya Goonerview,

that sounds a little like Donald you're describing.

- IGIT

0? you seem to have BDS

maybe stop watching OAN and tucker

better yet stop derailing the thread
Lol holy shit. My post really spooked you. Never heard of OAN never watch foxnews. Just think the same people crying every day for 4 year and now gloating is pathetic.

hello Here's the thing,

a President Biden can do the same thing as Mr. Trump did, regarding executive orders. i imagine he can reverse all of Mr. Trump's EO's and then issue his own (which will no doubt be challenged in the courts, as Mr. Trump's has).

much of Mr. Trump's deregulation can also be undone. i think the EPA is going to have a very different playbook by late winter.

a President Biden would have a pretty free hand on foreign policy, also - just as President Trump has had.

Biden doesn't need GOP consent in congress for any of this stuff.

*muses*

if the GOP retain control of the Senate, i really don't see that as the end of the world. Joe Biden was never going to be some crazy radical, you know? he's going to put forward a modest centrist agenda - and there will be votes that can be "gotten", whether its Mr. Romney or Mrs. Collins or Mrs. Murkowski.

McConnell is going to want to cut deals, too. if the GOP retains control of the Senate, then no big bundles of money are going to arrive in his state unless he cuts a deal with Mr. Schumer - and Kentucky loves taxpayer largesse.

this ain't 2008, you know? those red southern states that like to stuff their faces at the Federal trough aren't going to get a free lunch like they did with President Obama. back then, they could obstruct away and make their constituents proud since they knew that Obama, Pelosi and Reid were going to muscle through a stimulus package without them. they got to have their rhetorical cake and eat it too.

not this time.

- IGIT

Biden isn't going to be some crazy radical? That may be true. But it matters not. The Democratic party is now hostage to people like AOC. If the moderates block the far left's agenda, they'll be labeled racist bigots who support the white patriarchy. He'll have no choice.

Biden isn't going to be some crazy radical? That may be true. But it matters not. The Democratic party is now hostage to people like AOC. If the moderates block the far left's agenda, they'll be labeled racist bigots who support the white patriarchy. He'll have no choice.

hello Here's the thing again,

obviously Mr. Biden isn't going to become a crazy radical, lol. just look at his record.

in terms the rest of your statement...i don't really see how a junior House member is going to suddenly wield all this power. she couldn't even get her champion, Bernie Sanders, across the finish line.

so much for her clout.

- IGIT

Last edited:
hiya Goonerview,

that sounds a little like Donald you're describing.

- IGIT

Except that it doesn’t. Trump wanted to send in national guard to stop the riots.

hello Here's the thing again,

obviously Mr. Biden isn't going to become a crazy radical, lol. just look at his record.

in terms the rest of your statement...i don't really see how a junior House member in the congress is going to suddenly wield all this power. she couldn't even get her champion, Bernie Sanders, across the finish line.

so much for clout.

- IGIT

Joe Biden doesn’t even have his motor functions and is being controlled by his handlers.

Except that it doesn’t. Trump wanted to send in national guard to stop the riots.

hiya Goonerview,

i meant the big house. the wife. the steak.

and watching America burn.

i mean, whatever else one might say of Mr. Trump, he wasn't exactly a healer who applied balm to America's racial cysts. he enjoyed popping the cysts, reveling in the resulting explosion of pus and blood and other fatty oddities that are contained in cysts.

- IGIT

Last edited:
Joe Biden doesn’t even have his motor functions and is being controlled by his handlers.

hello Goonerview,

which amplifies the reason that Mr. Trump deserves to be a one term POTUS. if you can't beat a mummified relic that's addled with dementia, its hard to argue that you deserve to sit in the big chair.

aye?

- IGIT

That must be why Biden is vetting Republicans for his cabinet and not anyone on the left. That's how hostage to them he is.

I love how the Democratic party is beholden to AOC but somehow it isn't at all a problem a nutcase like Marjorie Taylor Greene got elected.

hiya Goonerview,

i meant big house. the wife. the steak.

i mean, whatever else one might say of Mr. Trump, he wasn't exactly a healer who applied balm to America's racial cysts. he enjoyed popping the cysts, reveling in the resulting explosion of puss and blood and other fatty oddities that are in cysts.

- IGIT

hiya IGIT,

*pus

-skates

hello Goonerview,

which amplifies the reason that Mr. Trump deserves to be a one term POTUS. if you can't beat a mummified relic that's addled with dementia, its hard to argue that you deserve to sit in the big chair.

aye?

- IGIT

The election is not over yet.

hiya Goonerview,

i meant the big house. the wife. the steak.

i mean, whatever else one might say of Mr. Trump, he wasn't exactly a healer who applied balm to America's racial cysts. he enjoyed popping the cysts, reveling in the resulting explosion of pus and blood and other fatty oddities that are in cysts.

- IGIT

There are a lot of people that want to see the country burn. I don’t know how you heal these people.

But, you certainly shouldn’t give these people power.

Back