How much Chuck made from UFC since retiring ...

Chuck was also a superstar so I can't say that I'm surprised and he was also good friends with Dana.
Also him and Matt Hughes have that "job" where they didn't even have to show up, for years, so that should have been a nice chunk of change as well.
But yes, cocaine and partying like Chuck is rumored to do cannot be cheap.

"Cocaine is a helluva drug."

chuckstare.gif

Also him and Matt Hughes have that "job" where they didn't even have to show up, for years, so that should have been a nice chunk of change as well.

As well?
umm ... that is what the thread is about
;)

Those salaries are plenty to live absolutely more than comfortably, never mind that he would have had additional perks such as travel reimbursements, free access to UFC training facilities, clothing sponsorship and other endorsements, etc.

That’s without counting all the big money payouts that he earned before from the actual fighting part of his career.

So, unless he is a gambling/drugs/shopping/sex addict and has wasted it all away, he is definitely not fighting again because of financial difficulties.

Those salaries are plenty to live absolutely more than comfortably, never mind that he would have had additional perks such as travel reimbursements, free access to UFC training facilities, clothing sponsorship and other endorsements, etc.

That’s without counting all the big money payouts that he earned before from the actual fighting part of his career.

So, unless he is a gambling/drugs/shopping/sex addict and has wasted it all away, he is definitely not fighting again because of financial difficulties.

Good point, that does not account for any other income
Appearances, product promotion, etc.

https://sports.yahoo.com/dana-white-escalates-feud-oscar-de-la-hoya-hes-liar-phony-043645478.html

White added that the UFC has paid Liddell every year since he retired, making salary, appearance fee and royalty payments despite the fact his last UFC fight was June 12, 2010.

According to White, Liddell made $2,742,716 from the UFC from 2011 through today, a period when he did not fight for the company. By year, he made $391,115 in 2011; $409,479 in 2012; $360,362 in 2013; $358,501 in 2014; $368,284 in 2015; $421,836 in 2016; $418,562 in 2017 and $14,577 this year. White said the UFC did not pay Liddell a salary this year, only appearance and royalty money.
Don't shill Frankie.

We all love you here.

Or did you take chucks ufc wage.

I dont really believe Dana but i absolutely believe Chuck made a ton of money, pissed it away and is now broke wondering how he is going to pay bills.
Even buy Danas estimates he made what 20-30 million?
His house was almost 3 million.
https://virtualglobetrotting.com/map/chuck-liddells-house/
He drives a ferrari which is another 200-300 thousand.
image.axd

Thats 10 percent of his earnings out the door.
I think his lifestyle just caught up to him.
And that was only fighting pay tho. Chuck was a big name at a time when mma was at its high. I guarantee he made a ton of money from sponsors back then and appearances. It really is sad if he’s broke but if mike Tyson can go broke, anyone can.

Great info, Frankie.

UFC 54 & 62 would be the two that I would wonder about
54 would definitely be a tough one but I think 62 sold like 500k ppvs, and he won knock out of the night.

Dat Chuck Liddell money!

People still have faith in what Dayna says?
Dana says Cuck didnt make less than 1 000 000 dollars per fight when he was a super star and bringing in 13-25 mil per event sounds credible imo. He was on that good ol 5-8% split.

I feel like Chuck made the money, lived the life, but still lived the life after he stopped fighting... Lots of Superstar athletes go broke in every sport... Not sure if chuck did, but feel maybe he was low on funds hence the tito fight... I dont feel like dana would lie about chuck... that was his boy who he tried to protect

Last edited:
I feel like Chuck made the money, lived the life, but still lived the life after he stopped fighting... Lots of Superstar athletes go broke in every sport... Not sure if chuck did, but feel maybe he was low on founds hence the tito fight... I dont feel like dana would lie about chuck... that was his boy who he tried to protect

That's completely true but you have to look at it from his angle. Chuck Liddell has lived in/around Southern CA and NV for a big part of his life. The dude was making millions of dollars and establishing connections with celebrities. Even his best friend DW was along for the ride. Liddell gets knocked out of a couple of times and his best friend pressures him hard to retire but promised good ole Chuck in a public speech that as long as he's the CEO of the UFC he'd have a job with them. Great news.

Year's down the line he creates a family. Continues to work for the UFC. Tries to branch out to other areas in Hollywood with commercials, B rated tv reality shows and so on. Then one day your boss tells you he can't keep paying your severance checks anymore. So now what the hell is he going to do? He created hard roots in CA for him and his family. It isn't easy as 1,2,3. You don't just pack up and move away. Your whole life is there. His family is counting on it. In Chuck's mind the next best thing to keep everyone happy is to fight a few more times to keep the good times rolling, even it it means getting knocked out a couple more times.

Back