How much can Pico make an impact in the UFC in 2019?

i rather him stay in bellator and build his resume.

it's much better for him and the fans. because him staying in Bellator will only help his hype and get him a bigger paycheck when he does move over.

Didn't he sign an enormous Bellator deal? Like 15 fights or some shit?
It was a mega long-term deal, something crazy like that. They signed him in 2014 with plans on keeping him well into 2020, if I remember correctly.

Do you want him to be a UFC fighter this year? Can he eventually challenge Max Holloway for the belt?

Sure, he's not that big, but he can make a lot of noise in the UFC.

NOPE he is the real deal, he just has yet to be more patient in there but I see Coker paying him fuck you money to stay there. Coker knows his companies always made the stars not UFC. Pico will be Bellator for a while.

Do you want him to be a UFC fighter this year? Can he eventually challenge Max Holloway for the belt?

Sure, he's not that big, but he can make a lot of noise in the UFC.

bellator will never let him go. they paid him crazy money to stay and soon he drop down to 135 to not have to fight aj jr.

bellator will never let him go. they paid him crazy money to stay and soon he drop down to 135 to not have to fight aj jr.
No way he’s going to 135. McKee will have to move up at some point. Pico will prob get a title shot in 2019. Or it could be vice versa. Either way, 135 is not in the cards.

No way he’s going to 135. McKee will have to move up at some point. Pico will prob get a title shot in 2019. Or it could be vice versa. Either way, 135 is not in the cards.

i get aj not fought much as a top contender yet but cant denie giving him his title shot first.

pico even said he have to look into 135 cause of aj. he tried 155 cause of aj and learned how much of a mistake that was asap.

Bellator might make a profit this year ... they will throw money at him whenever his contract is up (@jei said 2020)
of course he needs to keep winning for that to occur
but he looks like a stud & Bellator needs young stars.

A move to the UFC may mean he fights less often.

Keep in where he is to help him grow as a fighter and the bellator brand.

Bellator might make a profit this year ... they will throw money at him whenever his contract is up (@jei said 2020)
of course he needs to keep winning for that to occur
but he looks like a stud & Bellator needs young stars.
I have been trying to find where I read that a while back, I think I got 2020 because of the implications that Bellator wanted to keep him with a developmental deal for multiple Olympic cycles. Pico has his eye on the 2020 Olympics, last I saw. Either way, yes, they're going to throw tons of money at him. He already makes more than most of the other fighters on the roster, like I said he got 40/40 in his last fight against Higo (who as a former title challenger only got 14k).

I have been trying to find where I read that a while back, I think I got 2020 because of the implications that Bellator wanted to keep him with a developmental deal for multiple Olympic cycles. Pico has his eye on the 2020 Olympics, last I saw. Either way, yes, they're going to throw tons of money at him. He already makes more than most of the other fighters on the roster, like I said he got 40/40 in his last fight against Higo (who as a former title challenger only got 14k).

I think Pico stays in Bellator. He has a really lucrative deal with them could arguably do better financially without all the UFC politics. Good for him.

What? Of course I do. If you don’t think he’s legit at this point you are a moron. I don’t expect him to fight UFC until he is about 25 tho

There’s a difference between being Legit and being on the ELITE level of MMA.

Aaron most certainly has the building blocks to be amazing. But things on paper don’t always work out that way, so we’ll have to see how he does against better competition. I’m not sure he’s ready for UFC level fighters for another year or two at least. He’s doing well vs lower level regional guys atm (besides Higo, I think Higo is a good fighter, not great, but definitely not lower level regional type) so I think it’d be best to just let him continue to slowly face better competition.

Corrales is a good fight, if he can starch him and put away another 1-2 guys, he might be getting that TS he said he’s aiming to get in 2019.

ufc's 145 division is a shark tank. Pico shouldnt go near it for a few years.

He has a contract with Bellator. If he does end up moving to the UFC it probably wouldnt be until 2020 or 2021. he's so young and developing, in a year or two then talk about UFC will be there. He's a fight or two from a Bellator title shot and if he can win that title in 2019 then yeah the hype around him in UFC in 2020 will grow.

He will stay in Bellator

There’s a difference between being Legit and being on the ELITE level of MMA.

Aaron most certainly has the building blocks to be amazing. But things on paper don’t always work out that way, so we’ll have to see how he does against better competition. I’m not sure he’s ready for UFC level fighters for another year or two at least. He’s doing well vs lower level regional guys atm (besides Higo, I think Higo is a good fighter, not great, but definitely not lower level regional type) so I think it’d be best to just let him continue to slowly face better competition.

Corrales is a good fight, if he can starch him and put away another 1-2 guys, he might be getting that TS he said he’s aiming to get in 2019.
Oh dude, unless something devastating happens, Pico is getting a Bellator title shot this year. Coker isn't stupid, he knows what he has and he probably knows he won't have Pico for long... milk that shit! I'm not sure he's ready for "elite" UFC talent but there is only one way to find out and I wanna see it. Pico will be ready for the UFC top 10 by the time he hits 25 and it is going to be GLORIOUS.

Oh dude, unless something devastating happens, Pico is getting a Bellator title shot this year. Coker isn't stupid, he knows what he has and he probably knows he won't have Pico for long... milk that shit! I'm not sure he's ready for "elite" UFC talent but there is only one way to find out and I wanna see it. Pico will be ready for the UFC top 10 by the time he hits 25 and it is going to be GLORIOUS.

he has all the physical tools and the building blocks like I said. He's got the wrestling down, he's a better boxer than most fighters in MMA, I'm sure his BJJ is fine as well. Just a matter of blending it all and having your head on. The best fighters in the world aren't simply just the most talented in terms of their skill-sets, but they are usually always the brightest minds in the game. It's what separates good from great.

I'm a fan of his though so hopefully he does reach the "great" status. Was disappointed recently in Ruth's terrible fight IQ vs Neiman and am hoping Aaron can avoid doing such things (or being finished again)

Came to post this. Bellator paid him money before he competed and he is completely bound to them.
Seems like Bellator is where he wants to be, also. He hasn't given any indication that he ever wants to leave. Seems happy.

Back