How much are you paying for sales tax plus all the other taxes on top when doing a purchase

WorldofWarcraft

Holy Paladin
Banned
Reaction score
Let's say you buy something. How much tax are you paying? Here in Las Vegas, we pay $8.15% and that's it. I know other places have city, county/town tax added on top of the sales tax and shit comes up to like 30%.

6% statewide on all but food. Michigan

And labor (like if you get your car fixed at a shop)

It's a GET, technically. Merchants pay 4% of their revenue. Prices can include it or not. If not, they can upcharge you at the register a total of 4.16%. The .16 is to cover the tax on the tax.

Let's say you buy something. How much tax are you paying? Here in Las Vegas, we pay $8.15% and that's it. I know other places have city, county/town tax added on top of the sales tax and shit comes up to like 30%.

Where is sales tax 30%

Where is sales tax 30%

Yeah, that smells about as credible as a redneck anti-Obama email that quickly ends up being debunked on Snopes.

Third largest city in America, and it's about 10% here.

7% in NJ now, but Christie had the bright idea to increase gas prices by 23 cents per gallon, and decrease sales tax to 6%. Not sure when that will kick in.

Yeah, that smells about as credible as a redneck anti-Obama email that quickly ends up being debunked on Snopes.

Third largest city in America, and it's about 10% here.

Sales tax is generally under 10%, but in some areas, when you buy something, they add other taxes like town tax. I'm talking about what you pay overall when you buy some shit. sales tax plus town tax, plus city tax, plus whatever shit they add on the receipt.

Sales tax is generally under 10%, but in some areas, when you buy something, they add other taxes like town tax. I'm talking about what you pay overall when you buy some shit. sales tax plus town tax, plus city tax, plus whatever shit they add on the receipt.

I've still never heard of anything remotely close to that figure for everything combined - except maybe for a few very specific, select taxes (cigarettes, hotels).

I pay VAT since im Mexican. Its 16%

7% in NJ now, but Christie had the bright idea to increase gas prices by 23 cents per gallon, and decrease sales tax to 6%. Not sure when that will kick in.
Man fuck that, cheap gas was the one good thing about NJ

Back