How much alchohol is okay to drink per day

You gonna die anyways.

The answer is drink as much as you want, and then go get a physical. If your levels are good, then life is frickin grand.

6 beers.

Or 3 litres of vodka if you are russian/eastern european.

It's funny, alcohol studies looking at moderate drinking health effects, all seem to have different definitions of what moderate is.

I just drink two small glasses of wine a day, with meals.

none....alcohol is a poison and negatively impacts your body.....

but who doesnt like a piss up now and then

Doctors literally recommend a little wine per day as a way to maintain heart health, how can it be poison

I think if you have too much it becomes poisonous, but just a little bit is actually good for you, improves circulation and blood pressure

thats why i made this thread, trying to figure out what that amount is, for example an average 200lbs dude

somebody said 6 shots = 6 beers, is that for real?

i always equated 2 shots = 1 beer

Doctors literally recommend a little wine per day as a way to maintain heart health, how can it be poison

I think if you have too much it becomes poisonous, but just a little bit is actually good for you, improves circulation and blood pressure

thats why i made this thread, trying to figure out what that amount is, for example an average 200lbs dude

Yes 6 shots is 6 beers

And anything more than like 2-3 oz of alcohol per day can eventually give you cirrhosis, heart problems, etc. Especially if you're unlucky enough to have a hepatitis disease in combination with alcohol. Anything that will kill you in amounts that small is a poison.

Just enough to make me want to take the gun away from my head and go to sleep.

I got lucky at least in this way - I have a really good doctor. His personality isn't the greatest, but the guy is smart, and he does not bullshit. When he tells me something, it has credibility. He has changed my life for the better.

He told me about 10 years ago that 2 drinks per day, 5 days per week, is the maximum one can drink where alcohol is not detrimental to the body, and where it might have health benefits. And no, you can't have those 10 drinks once a week, in one sitting. By "a drink" I mean a can of 5%-alcohol beer, a 6 oz. glass of wine, or a 1 oz. shot of hard liquor. I'm sure that more research has come out since what he told me; your Internet research is as good as mine.

The healthiest way to go is never to drink, in my opinion. That is not an option for me, and I like to get drunk, so I keep that to once every 4 days, with no drinking in between. Not ideal, but it's really important to moderate yourself in whatever way suits you if you must drink. Alcohol is toxic. I have a friend who will be dead in 2 months, according to what the doctor told me yesterday, from liver disease. He was a drinker. You do not want to go that way. It's insidious.

I drank 3 12 packs of blue moon, one per day, on sunday, monday and tuesday. And some admiral nelson and wild turkey in between. I havent done this in months and I havent been able to sleep yet, still detoxing and having to work. Just thought i might regretfully share.

I get blackout drunk everyday and so far so good.

Well my kidneys hurt, but I assume that's just like workout soreness.

It varies depending on the person.

But for me I drink a beer every two weeks. I don't like drinking really, I should just quit altogether if I could. However, it helps me for anxiety sometimes and also it's social thing when hanging out with friends.

The construction worker regime was a bottle of vodka a day plus 6-12 beers

Served cold enjoyed with something salty

Nobody minds if a man has a morning eye-opener. It’s OK to have a bracer about 10 A.M. and even a couple of drinks before lunch. It’s permissible to have a few beers on a hot summer afternoon to make him healthy or at least happy. And, of course, everybody drinks an afternoon cocktail or two, and a person can’t be criticized for an appetizing Martini and wine with dinner, followed by a liqueur and a highball or two to wind up the evening. But this business of sip-sip-sip all day long has got to stop!”
Attributed to W.C. Fields

Sorry to hear about the alchies problems, but we're not all made equal in all respects, im sure you know whats best for you.

For me, the whole enlarged liver beer belly situation keeps me from drinking more than 5-6 on a weekend and none during the week. Makes you look 3x fatter than you actually are. Also I'm old enough to get age spots from that shite. But yeah, life is a bit funner with some booze once a week, but I can definitely imagine a life where it isn't required.

this rationalization of alcohol being beneficial is typical health industry speak at work....yeah its beneficial if your system is already polluted and clogged up.....if youre running a clean engine....you shouldnt need stuff like that to help you out.....telling people its good for you just opens the way for people to justify poor choices...also I believe the benefits stop at a glass of wine((or its equivalent I suppose)) but one should also consider what else is in the alcohol besides alcohol....beer for instance is terribly jacked up with shit you shouldnt be putting in your body.....and any sort of benefit towards blood thinning that could be gained from a beer a day is quickly outweighed by all the negative that comes with it

you know what else thins the blood and has little to no side effects? garlic, ginger, tumeric etc etc etc....

Back