How many WMMA fights is 'To much' on a fight card?

People love to hide behind "it's my opinion so it is not wrong." One does not lead into the next. It is not a causal phenomenon. You have an opinion. It makes you look stupid because it is plain dumb.

Example: "It's my opinion that 5 is greater than 15"

I don't care about wrong or right because obviously if you werent dumb you'd realize there isn't one. Regardless, I still think women MMA is pretty abysmal.

Translation according to SD : " UFC is shoving WMMA down our throats "

Go figure

this.

there are some fucking self righteous virgins posting in this thread and need to get over themselves.

It's still going to happen and now with another weight class being introduced, much more frequently.

It won't stop people from watching cards so quit bitching.

Regardless, I still think women MMA is pretty abysmal.

Is that going to stop you from watching UFC events? No? Then just fucking live with it.

I actually didnt mind invicta, but womens mma in the ufc sucks. Maybe it will get better at 115, but as of right now 1 fight on the undercard is ok, any more is too much. Having someone like tate in an event after watching a technical high level war is just anticlimatic

I am a WMMA since the UFC got into it, the product will get better and they dont have nearly enough fights right now, there should be a minimum of 1 womens bout on every card at least.

They dont have enough women ready for prime time, but Im guessing they will find more.

This post just depresses me.

I'm fed up of trying to act fair, WMMA bores the shit out of me. I still enjoy the cards but I fast foward the wmma fights each time....apart from Rondas as I'd like the pleasure of seeing her lose.

this.

there are some fucking self righteous virgins posting in this thread and need to get over themselves.

It's still going to happen and now with another weight class being introduced, much more frequently.

It won't stop people from watching cards so quit bitching.

so anybody that doesn't like wmma is a virgin now?

Is that going to stop you from watching UFC events? No? Then just fucking live with it.

Why so hostile? The question was when it's too much WMMA on a card. I never even said anything about me not watching the UFC because of it. Infact I think it doesnt even matter if there's any WMMA, it's not like I have to watch it.

Doesn't really matter as long as they are good fights. Hell, I might be tempted to order an all women card if the main event was like Cyborg vs. Ronda or something...

Nothing wrong with two fights there. Go ahead and have one a main card between two fighters I know, and stuff one low on the prelims. I think they deserve their chance, they just need a couple years of evolution for the technique to come along

I'd be lying though if I didn't say I watch the first two minutes of the fight and then decide if this is my chance to go to the bathroom and talk to some people on the other side of the bar

People love to hide behind "it's my opinion so it is not wrong." One does not lead into the next. It is not a causal phenomenon. You have an opinion. It makes you look stupid because it is plain dumb.

Example: "It's my opinion that 5 is greater than 15"

I think your opinion here is making you look dumb. You're comparing two completely different types of statements by using your example.

Example: 'I like/don't like spaghetti' is a personal preference. 'IMO 5 >15' is a statement that can be measured. It's quantifiable and can be determined to be false.

Do I like spaghetti? Hell yes! A little too much! And I think anyone who doesn't is a little crazy. But I can't tell them they are wrong for not liking it. That's entirely up to them. WMMA is the same. You cannot tell someone they have to like it, or make them like it, or deride them for not liking it. Just as I can't criticise you for enjoying it.

You do realise this threead asks the question 'how many WMMA fights per card is too many', right? So people are going to have different answers to that, right?

I wouldn't watch an all WMMA card, and I use the ladies' matches to visit the bathroom and the bar. Including one fight on a main card hardly ruins it. But more than that is too many for me, because that's 2/4 or 2/5 fights on a main card I wouldn't watch.

Doesn't really matter as long as they are good fights.

I agree. The question is like saying "How many fights that feature Japanese fighters is too many for a card?" The answer would be one is too many if they all suck, but more is fine if they're good.

I've watched the Invicta all women's fight cards and they are enjoyable, but I prefer watching mixed cards where there are both men's and women's matches.

More than 2, probably, just because there's nobody to begin with. I have no problem watching it, though, unless it's the bottom of the division (which, admittedly, is like, 1/2 of the division).

WSOF 10 is breaking the glass ceiling and going with 3. Your move Dana...

One is too many. What they can do is have an all women card and who chooses to do so can buy it. I'd prefer they leave women completely out of the men cards.

Back