How many WMMA 135ers are actually 125ers and who would hold the 125 title?

That bit about "Ronda Rousey can probably make 125 as is with little to no effort" makes me chuckle though. That's pretty much the same as saying "Cristiane Justino can probably make 135 as is with little to no effort".

The point is: EVERYBODY can move down a weight class, if they are serious enough to be willing to lose muscle mass.

Now, could she make it? Perhaps. I have no idea.
After all Rumble somehow made 170 a few times, so I'm not going to say Rousey cannot make 125.

But "with little to no effort" sounds ludicrous:
she started fighting mma at 145, and she was fighting in judo at 63 kilos (139 pounds) when she was, like, 18-19 (in 2007 she was fighting at 70 kilos, granted she looked quite "thick" at 70 kilos, but still...).

If Ronda were able to make "125 with little to no effort", one would have to conclude that Miesha could almost make 115, like 118.

She fought at 145 when she walked at 145. She's had issues with weight cutting due to bad experiences while competing in judo. Starting out she didn't cut more than a few pounds (5 at most).

Her weight cut to 135 is actually pretty easy.

Monday: 146 lbs

Tuesday: 151 lbs (loading up on salt and water, getting artificially heavy)

Wednesday: 148 lbs

Thursday: wakes up at 146 and starts weight cut, sips water, and dehydrates.

Friday: wakes up 137-138 and takes a bath or two to lose the final 2 pounds.

Ronda making 125 relatively easier doesn't mean Miesha can make 115. Miesha has a larger frame than Ronda and she said she wouldn't be able to make 115.

That bit about "Ronda Rousey can probably make 125 as is with little to no effort" makes me chuckle though. That's pretty much the same as saying "Cristiane Justino can probably make 135 as is with little to no effort".

The point is: EVERYBODY can move down a weight class, if they are serious enough to be willing to lose muscle mass.

How big do you think Ronda is? Ronda is around 145-155 (at most) depending on if she has a fight coming up. Cyborg is at least 175. Realistically, if you randomly weighed both of them Cyborg would outweigh Ronda by at least 20 pounds probably closer to 30. Ronda making 125 isn't comparable to Cyborg easily making 135.

Would it be easier for her to lose fat or muscle first and then cut? Yes. However, this idea that Ronda is some gigantic woman isn't true.

Ronda making 125 relatively easier doesn't mean Miesha can make 115. Miesha has a larger frame than Ronda and she said she wouldn't be able to make 115.

I know Tate cannot make 115, I was just saying that if Rousey were to be able to make 125, in my opinion one could infer that the former might be able to go quite a few pounds under flyweight then.
Cause I was pretty sure that Miesha is smaller than Ronda.
You say she isn't. So...

Sarah Morass
Jessica Andrade
Rin Nakai

I know Tate cannot make 115, I was just saying that if Rousey were to be able to make 125, in my opinion one could infer that the former might be able to go quite a few pounds under flyweight then.
Cause I was pretty sure that Miesha is smaller than Ronda.
You say she isn't. So...

Miesha has the larger frame but a smaller stomach so she probably weighs a couple pounds less but not a weight class.

Lil' Andrade has some leeway so far since they like pairing her with TUF'ers, but man, if Reneau and Carmouche can already overpower her, people like Zingano or McMann would ragdoll that little body.

I dont think power or strenght is the real problem with Jessica cause that girl is ridiculously strong, much stronger then most 135ers.

Her main problem is that she has been training for less then 5 years now, of those 2 being competing for the UFC, so she is still not that good technicly and prone to mistakes like she did in the Marion fight.

In these past two years in the UFC I cant say she learned alot of new things, mainly worked on getting better at what she already knew.

With the right structure behind her and her head in the right place she could make 115.

Back