How many WMMA 135ers are actually 125ers and who would hold the 125 title?

TheNinja

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
I think both Tate and Cat (and quite a few other 135ers) are actually more natural 125ers). I think nobody wishes more for a 125 WMMA division than Tate. I think she'd hold the title there even if Cat fought at 125.

Note, I'm not saying I want a 125 division. 135 is already insanely thin as it is.

Cat walks around at around 155 now, she would have to drop muscle to get back to 125 ala Cyborg coming down to 135. Rousey could drop as easily as current Cat could.

Girls could probably make 125 without too much trouble -

Tate
Eye
Davis seems pretty small to me
Andrade for sure, 100 percent
Pena (yeah might seem weird to some but it's apparently so)
Nakai probably
possibly McMann, strange as that might sound again
possibly Carmouche
Bethe probably

So a lot of them, but Ronda could probably make 125 too if she lost some fat and put her mind to it.

To me, Tate may have trouble making 125. Certainly possible since Rousey makes 135, but I think 135 is her ideal class.

To me, Tate may have trouble making 125. Certainly possible since Rousey makes 135, but I think 135 is her ideal class.

Tate has said she walked around at 142 before and purposely gained muscle since then, a natural weight of 142 isn't that much for a cut to 125 when psychos like Gadelha cut from similar weight to 115 lol

McMann 125? I don't know about that. She's 5'6" but she's built like a tank.

McMann 125? I don't know about that. She's 5'6" but she's built like a tank.

She has walked around at 144 before and is really closer to 5'5, I heard she walks around at 148 more recently but it's within the realm of possibility.

Even if Tate went to 125, I'd also wonder how many 115 women who were former 125'ers would move back up as well.

If you're a MMA fighter, which champ would you prefer to avoid?

Rousey? Joanna? Or Tate?

My guess is you see the biggest exodus from 135, then from 115 as they all look to take on Tate.

She has walked around at 144 before and is really closer to 5'5, I heard she walks around at 148 more recently but it's within the realm of possibility.

Maybe then. She looks in perfect health at 135 though, wouldn't want to see her in 125.

Even if Tate went to 125, I'd also wonder how many 115 women who were former 125'ers would move back up as well.

If you're a MMA fighter, which champ would you prefer to avoid?

Rousey? Joanna? Or Tate?

My guess is you see the biggest exodus from 135, then from 115 as they all look to take on Tate.

This is a good point, a lot of girls currently forcing themselves down to 115 would probably be better off at 125 anyway. I could see

Gadelha
Moroz
Letourneau
Calderwood
Kish
Lima
Badurek
Joanna if she wasn't champion anymore

and maybe others doing it.

the biggest cuts come from rousey and holm. So everyone else

If she removes her fake tits she can probably make it easily.

the biggest cuts come from rousey and holm i think. So everyone else

And Zingano the former 125er, she has posted a picture of herself weighing 154.8 before cutting lol.

And Duke, although she is pretty irrelevant. Duke definitely will not drop to 125.

Tate has said she walked around at 142 before and purposely gained muscle since then, a natural weight of 142 isn't that much for a cut to 125 when psychos like Gadelha cut from similar weight to 115 lol
So Tate used to be a more natural 125 fighter, but has since gotten bigger and would likely struggle to make 125?

So Tate used to be a more natural 125 fighter, but has since gotten bigger and would likely struggle to make 125?

She has only gained a few pounds of muscle and I'm under the impression she has to work to maintain her BW size, likely it will be no harder than for say Jojo to make 115. :wink:

And Zingano the former 125er, she has posted a picture of herself weighing 154.8 before cutting lol.

And Duke, although she is pretty irrelevant. Duke definitely will not drop to 125.

i was gonna edit in zingano but i seen your post. Ya beat me to it and cat probably does have more mass than holm

Cat walks around at around 155 now, she would have to drop muscle to get back to 125 ala Cyborg coming down to 135. Rousey could drop as easily as current Cat could.

Girls could probably make 125 without too much trouble -

Tate
Eye
Davis seems pretty small to me
Andrade for sure, 100 percent
Pena (yeah might seem weird to some but it's apparently so)
Nakai probably
possibly McMann, strange as that might sound again
possibly Carmouche
Bethe probably

So a lot of them, but Ronda could probably make 125 too if she lost some fat and put her mind to it.

I think the cut from 135 to 125 would hurt Ronda more than some of these others. She is already pretty lean during weigh ins, even if she blows up between fights. She's just naturally chubby.

If she removes her fake tits she can probably make it easily.

What?
tumblr_md6lj1jnrY1riae2mo1_500.gif

Back