How many welterweights walk around at 170?

In light of Conor fighting at what seems like his walk around weight, I cant seem to think of any other fighters at 170 that walk around at 170. Conor deserves credit for this maybe despite him and his teams better judgement. Are there any others?
LOL you think he only cut 15 lbs to fight at LW ?

Cmon now, all the 155ers walk around for sure near 180, maybe save for BJ Penn and Edgar who are midgets

You are talking walk around weight right? Not 1 day before weigh in weight right? I'd say a few LWs even get up to 200lb in between camps

Conor doesn't walk around at 170, he's more like 175-180. Gunnar Nelson, Wonderboy and Colby are probably within 7lbs of Conor. If you count Pettis he's probably the same weight as Conor maybe less and despite Conor's claim and the memes Nate doesn't weigh much more than Conor either.

RDA too

There are several different weights for fighters...

Out of camp , in camp, weigh in and fight night.

And It depends on which weight a fighter like Conor fights at.

for example:

At FW:
Out of camp
Conor may walk around at 180

In camp which is several weeks
his weight might fluctuate between anywhere 160-170 ish?

Weigh in
He’s 145 or 155

fight night
Could be anywhere from 160-170 I guess

For a fight at WW I guess he doesn’t cut weight for weigh in and maintains his weight at high 160

When kavangh saids he walks around 180 it’s true. Depends if he’s in camp or out of camp.

LOL you think he only cut 15 lbs to fight at LW ?

Cmon now, all the 155ers walk around for sure near 180, maybe save for BJ Penn and Edgar who are midgets

You are talking walk around weight right? Not 1 day before weigh in weight right? I'd say a few LWs even get up to 200lb in between camps
Im not talking about other lws im talking about Conor.

Very small percentage, if any at all that ACTUALLY are walking around right at 170, I'd expect the smallest guys to be in the 175-178 range.

Conor walks around 177.

A source was posted of Conor's coach saying that in another thread. And that was back when he competed at 145.

So people are delusional if they think Conor has to bulk up to make 170.

This is max 5’9 165. He is not big.

That's not Max, it's Conor. And both weigh above 170.

5’9, 14 inch arms lean and 5’11 14 inch arms lean is not 170 plus. What part of Conor (or max for that matter) are large? They’ve no legs, glutes, back, shoulders, and their arms are sub 15 inches. They’re lean but light (hence fighting at 145 previously).

Standing an inch shorter than the average male Mac’s size is mere.
Of course everyone assumes they must have been cutting 25+ to fight at FW (or he’s somehow gained more than 5 pounds of fat) but they hardly seem that good at weight cutting.

165 lean at FW, 170 pounds with 5 extra pounds of fat at WW.

Last edited:
Looks bigger than 165 to me. Im shorter than Conor at 5"7 and when I was 170lbs I didn't look that big

Were you lean? 5’7 170 lean is jacked.
This is 5’6, 165 lean for reference.
960x0.jpg

If you weren’t lean then it’s irrelevant, Macgregor is a lean(ish) 170 at 5’9.

This is a ripped 175 or so at 5’9. Looks much bigger than Mac.
20120811_kdl_ac4_360.0.jpg

Its very possible he is walking around at 170. The walking around at 177 isnt from a reliable source and doesnt make sense if Conors under weight a week out from the fight.. Cerrone was top 5 at welterweight so he is a legit ww, not just a lw. Not sure why your mad about this.
Cerrone just said he plans on his next fight being at 155 and that the WWs are too damn big. He fought Till and Leon which are both huge and likely had 20lbs on him. Usman would make him look small.

I almost forgot supervised injection sites.

Fiends usually start out as cool kids that go too far down the wrong path. Based off of the level of keyboard aggression and vitriol from your average 2016 and up account, I can't see them having experienced that "cool kid" phase.

Im not talking about other lws im talking about Conor.
I'd say his walk around weight is near 190
End of training camp probably like 175-180
Then cut down to 170 during fight week

He looks huge, i'd say his in cage weight for sure will be like 185lb +

But knowing it Conor they will never release this info

Cerrone has 10 fights at Welterweight, by my count. Not to mention, against the likes of Till, Edwards, and Lawler. All legit WW and Till is obviously at 185 now.

I know you aren't being a dick, but people keep doing this to discredit Conor. Just like Nate had I believe 5 fights at WW before Conor. Sure, Nate was not a full-fleged WW but he was obviously a bigger man that Conor and the weight cut owuld have depleted Nate more than Conor I'm sure.
Yeah, all 3 of those legit WWs beat him though, just like the top 10 WWs Nate fought ragdolled him, this is why they both returned to LW after their 170 experiment.

BJ is the only LW to ever move up and actually beat/ compete with top 5 WWs but obviously BJ was a different animal having also won fights at MW and even did what Conor claimed to do in the first Nate fight, ate his way up to a fat 195 so he could fight 225 lb Machida.

Oh, and BJ was said to walk around in the 160s so there is your answer.

Yoshida probably did right before he fought the biggest WW ever (Rumble). That was a sad mismatch.

It a lw fight with no weight cut. As of the interviews re gently Conor weighs mid 160s on a normal day right now. Cowboy was a little over 170 the other day so I'm sure cowboy is the bigger guy. No one at 170 walks around at 170. Add 15 lbs to any division except HW and that's close on most guys. Some guys do more, I know bones is close to 230 walk around when in shape. I'm sure romero cuts a ton. Most 170 guys are not huge for the division. When Till was there he was cutting massive weight.

Nobody. Cowboy Conor is two LWs who skipped cutting weight. It's fair since both aren't real WWs yet, they shall be under on 180 fight night

Back