How many welterweights walk around at 170?

Conor walks around 177.

A source was posted of Conor's coach saying that in another thread. And that was back when he competed at 145.

So people are delusional if they think Conor has to bulk up to make 170.
Ehhhh you can't believe either side. Conor looked bloated as fuck for the Nate weigh in and came in at 168lb.

usa-today-9157597.0.jpg

Apparently didn't even cut weight for it. I doubt he was cutting 30lb to FW for his entire career with no issues with weight cuts or missing weight. It's not like Conor has weight cutting experience from HS wrestling like a lot of Americans have. That would be an insane cut for even an experienced weight cutter.

Conor could be lying to seem lighter or coach could be bullshitting to make Conor seem bigger than he is. It's not like it's rare for guys to gloat about large weight cuts

Walkaround weight is irrelevant.
The weight inside the cage is.
Those are two totally different things.

Cerrone fought at 176 one time IIRC. He barely cuts any weight.

Out of the 25,000-30,000 or so recorded WW's?Quite a few I would assume.I would actually answer my thoughts if it wasn't a Conor puff thread.

seen matt brown in person.
i dont think he cuts much at all
pretty much looks same in camp out of camp and on scale.

Idk about that one,I think maybe he's just one of those people that are heavier than they look.Guys a former MW, has weighed in at the WW limit of exactly 171 seven times in a row and 8 ago missed weight against Lawler at 172.5 which is odd because it was his last 5 rnd main event and wasn't short notice.A very unimposing build where all his weight is distributed throughout his body making his weigh ins possibly look less drastic?Just a guess though.I wrestled for 10 years,judging someone's weight can be a difficult thing,strength too,certainly much better than most people at it.On this one I gotta put stock in those statistics and he's not too skinny at 6'.I have seen tons and tons of pro fighters in person,sometimes it's your expectations that are throwing your judgement off.He definitely didn't look good in this weigh in.
097_Robbie_Lawler_vs_Matt_Brown-e1515081501632.jpg

matt-brown-ufc-206-official-weigh-in.jpg

Conor is small for WW, no doubt, but he's fighting Cerrone, a guy who has spent most of his career at LW, so Cerrone is bigger than Conor, but Cerrone himself would be considered small for WW. Conor takes fights at 170 vs guys who spent most of their career at 155, & guys who are known for NOT being wrestlers.

Cerrone is probably 10 lbs bigger than Conor, but there have been many Conor fights where he looked MUCH bigger than his opponents, I'm talking about when he was fighting at 145. I'm not gonna make excuses for all the people he beat at 145, & we shouldn't make an excuse for him here either. For the record, I think Conor beats Cerrone easily.

This, what a dumb question and in response to ts' stupid as shit statement about respecting Conor for fighting at his walk around, that only benefits him in this match up. He's simply too lazy to be bothered with cutting weight in a division he can actually compete in. He doesn't get credit for shit imo.

You realize Cerrone has primarily fought at lightweight, right? He's not a welterweight any more than Nate was, and Conor has yet to fight an actual welterweight. (I'm not saying that he should or that he needs to; just that we shouldn't give him credit for something he hasn't done.)

Cerrone has 10 fights at Welterweight, by my count. Not to mention, against the likes of Till, Edwards, and Lawler. All legit WW and Till is obviously at 185 now.

I know you aren't being a dick, but people keep doing this to discredit Conor. Just like Nate had I believe 5 fights at WW before Conor. Sure, Nate was not a full-fleged WW but he was obviously a bigger man that Conor and the weight cut owuld have depleted Nate more than Conor I'm sure.

In light of Conor fighting at what seems like his walk around weight, I cant seem to think of any other fighters at 170 that walk around at 170. Conor deserves credit for this maybe despite him and his teams better judgement. Are there any others?
No proof he actually walks around at welterweight weight.

Walkaround weight is irrelevant.
The weight inside the cage is.
Those are two totally different things.
So you think Conor comes in the cage over 170? Despite not cutting?

You realize Cerrone has primarily fought at lightweight, right? He's not a welterweight any more than Nate was, and Conor has yet to fight an actual welterweight. (I'm not saying that he should or that he needs to; just that we shouldn't give him credit for something he hasn't done.)
Cerrone was top 5 at welterweight so yes hes can be considered a welterweight. Hes a small one though forsure.

When Conor says "He's underweight" Then he means, that he is supposed to be at 190+ in order to fight at 170.
But he is around 180 right now, which makes him under weight.

bout tree fitty

Gunni Nelson? Probably not

Conor isn’t a WW, he’s a small LW that doesn’t like cutting. To answer your question, I’m guessing it’s zero considering the average LW walks around a decent amount heavier than 170. You’d be putting yourself at a huge disadvantage fighting guys that walk around at somewhere around 200lbs.

Conor walks around 177.

A source was posted of Conor's coach saying that in another thread. And that was back when he competed at 145.

So people are delusional if they think Conor has to bulk up to make 170.

I remember coach Kavanaugh saying Conor walks around at 171-172 a few years ago and I’m guessing it’s probably a couple lbs less now considering Conor said he was under weight a week ahead of this fight

Back