How many welterweights walk around at 170?

PurpleDrank

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
In light of Conor fighting at what seems like his walk around weight, I cant seem to think of any other fighters at 170 that walk around at 170. Conor deserves credit for this maybe despite him and his teams better judgement. Are there any others?

Supposedly Colby doesn't weigh much more than that.

Just setting up excuses if he loses again business as usual
4xojspk (1).gif

giphy.gif

In light of Conor fighting at what seems like his walk around weight, I cant seem to think of any other fighters at 170 that walk around at 170. Conor deserves credit for this maybe despite him and his teams better judgement. Are there any others?
Conor walks around 177.

A source was posted of Conor's coach saying that in another thread. And that was back when he competed at 145.

So people are delusional if they think Conor has to bulk up to make 170.

Mike Perry had an in cage weight of 177, the 2nd lowest recorded for WW yet walks around in the 190s

Don't they say Gunnar Nelson cuts little weight?

seen matt brown in person.
i dont think he cuts much at all
pretty much looks same in camp out of camp and on scale.

The trick as always been make weight then blow up to fight size come fight night feeling strong. If he's already there what's he gaining come fight night? Donald is already the bigger man and according to embedded 246 3 he was 3 or 4 lbs from making weight come fight night he could be 5-10lbs heavier feeling stronger. Better you train down then blow up would be my preference, but who am I but a guy on the couch.

You realize Cerrone has primarily fought at lightweight, right? He's not a welterweight any more than Nate was, and Conor has yet to fight an actual welterweight. (I'm not saying that he should or that he needs to; just that we shouldn't give him credit for something he hasn't done.)

Conor doesn't walk around at 170, he's more like 175-180. Gunnar Nelson, Wonderboy and Colby are probably within 7lbs of Conor. If you count Pettis he's probably the same weight as Conor maybe less and despite Conor's claim and the memes Nate doesn't weigh much more than Conor either.

He would get credit if he would actually fight WWs for his WW fights. After next saturday he will have fought 3 times there, against 3 LWs.

None, because Conor is the only one that does not cut weight and he walks around 160-168.

This isnt a WW fight really, its just LW that dont feel like cutting for a non title bout. Stop thinking deep into it

Probably like 0, WW is just where MWs go when they realize they are fighting heavyweights.

Back