How many UFC fighters would be champ in their respective Bellator division?

Lethal_Striker

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
The overall talent pool in UFC is far higher then that of Bellator with some of Bellator's champs not even guaranteed to be top ten fighters in UFC. Which fighters would you favor in a matchup against the Bellator champ in their weight class? Only feel like doing MW and WW division right now, might do the others later.

Bellator MW Champ - Alexander Shlemenko
UFC fighters I would favor to beat him - Chris Weidman, Anderson Silva, Lyoto Machida, Vitor Belfort, Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza, Luke Rockhold, Tim Kennedy, Gegard Mousasi

Bellator WW Champ - Douglas Lima
UFC fighters I would favor to beat him - Johny Hendricks, Robbie Lawler, Carlos Condit, Tyron Woodley, Hector Lombard, Rory MacDonald, Jake Ellenberger, Dong Hyun Kim

I would add Bisping and possibly Sonnen (depending on whether or not he dies from coming off of TRT) to the list of guys who would beat Shlemenko.

I don't think Lombard,Jake and DHK would beat Lima

Id say chandler and alvarez would be competitive at lw in the ufc possibly top 5 both of them,and challenge for the title,otherwise the champs wouldn't even be top 10 in most ufc divisions

From the top down:

Minakov I'd put maybe 8th in UFC for HW
Newton isn't close to top 10 in LH
Shlemenko is maybe #12 in MW. Right around wherever Tom Lawlor is
Lima, god, I'm not even sure he's top 25 in WW
Alvarez might be a top 5 LW
Curran is about #6 for FW.
Dantas is probably about 7 BW. Warren loses his first Fight Pass match in UFC and is one and done.

I'm actually impressed I only had to look up Curran and knew the rest of them off the top of my head. I'm a Bellator fan but I'm also realistic.

Lombard has already beaten Shlemenko to prove that he's good enough to be the Bellator MW champ. It's arguable that a lot of UFC WW's could go up to MW and win the Bellator MW title.

Hw-minakov or cain is a toss up
Lhw- jones would probably beat newton (95% chance)
Mw- weidman probably beats storm (70%)
Ww- hendricks vs lima is a toss up. Askren would beat both
Lw- brooks probably guidas pettis. Bellator has the depth to match up 3 differwnt guys who could all beat the ufc champ
Fw-toss up. I could.see strauss beating aldo and both curran and pitbull giving him a good scrap
Barao vs dantas is another toss up.

From the top down:

Minakov I'd put maybe 8th in UFC for HW
Newton isn't close to top 10 in LH
Shlemenko is maybe #12 in MW. Right around wherever Tom Lawlor is
Lima, god, I'm not even sure he's top 25 in WW
Alvarez might be a top 5 LW
Curran is about #6 for FW.
Dantas is probably about 7 BW. Warren loses his first Fight Pass match in UFC and is one and done.

I'm actually impressed I only had to look up Curran and knew the rest of them off the top of my head. I'm a Bellator fan but I'm also realistic.

I agree with this assessment. I'll also add that I believe Chandler, despite the recent Brooks and Alvarez losses, would also be competitive against the top 6-15 UFC 155ers and beat a lot of them.

Lima vs Pyle
Shlemenko vs Belcher
Minakov vs Schaub
Newton vs Cavalcante
Brooks vs Varner/Barboza (Alvarez is gone after next fight)
Curran vs Hioki/Poirier
Warren vs Mizugaki/Assun

Hw-minakov or cain is a toss up
Lhw- jones would probably beat newton (95% chance)
Mw- weidman probably beats storm (70%)
Ww- hendricks vs lima is a toss up. Askren would beat both
Lw- brooks probably guidas pettis. Bellator has the depth to match up 3 differwnt guys who could all beat the ufc champ
Fw-toss up. I could.see strauss beating aldo and both curran and pitbull giving him a good scrap
Barao vs dantas is another toss up.

Sorry, but there is no way I can look at Minikov/Cain and come to the conclusion of a "toss-up"

Da Bombers said:
Ww- hendricks vs lima is a toss up
Hendricks and Lima is NOT a toss-up... have you already forgotten what Askren did to Lima without very much trouble?

Lima vs Pyle
Shlemenko vs Belcher
Minakov vs Schaub
Newton vs Cavalcante
Brooks vs Varner/Barboza (Alvarez is gone after next fight)
Curran vs Hioki/Poirier
Warren vs Mizugaki/Assun

Bellator would win everyone of those matchups

Not even close.

Lima/Pyle is a tossup, would favor Minakov over Schaub, Feijao over Newton, Schlemenko over Belcher, Brooks over Barboza (Varner/Brooks = tossup), Poirier over Curran, Curran over Hioki, Assuncao would destroy Warren, and Warren/Mizugaki is a tossup that depends on which Mizugaki decides to show up.

Not sure I understand the question Bellator barely has any top 10 ranked fighters anywhere???

Back