How many top 10 wins Khabib and Conor each have?

Max, probably not, still a decent win at the time... But if you are saying that Dustin Poirier was NOT a top-10 FW when Connor fought him, you are either confused or new.... He was a legit top-5/7 FW at the time they fought..

Unless I’m reading this wrong..
Holloway always looked like a future champ to me, not sure how anyone could not have called that a good win.

No, it's simply a matter of you flat out spewing misinformation and taking away top 10 wins from Conor while adding them in for Khabib to make Khabib's shitty resume appear "closer" then it really is in terms of raw numbers

You were exposed for posting fake numbers, period.

When it comes to statistics you post the correct numbers regardless...You didn't

Siver was a consistent top 5 FW and a top 10 FW when Conor beat him

And I can't find nothing for Brandao yet but I remember him being borderline top 10 when Conor beat him

I believe Siver May have cracked the top-10 at LW for a few fights... Not sure why people act like if you don’t beat a top 3-5 fighter, there are no other good wins that a fighter can have... Siver was a top-10 FW for a time... And at the time, was a decent/solid win. Not ground breaking or career changing... But a nice win, nothing wrong with that.. man people are weird..

If you don’t beat the Lord Czar,number one ranked world champion of the over world and Underworld, Lord ruler of the Dead and King of the Wicker People and The Old Ones... Then he sucks brah..

Your list is flat out false

As soon as official UFC rankings started in 2013, Siver was a top 5 ranked FW

https://web.archive.org/web/20130205013040/http://www.ufc.com/rankings

Siver was consistently top 5-10 until when Conor beat him

-Siver was a top 10 win for Conor.

I don't know why people exclude Siver, yet then name drop people like Haley and Tibau as top 10 wins for Khabib.

-Brandao may have also been ranked top 10 when Conor beat him as Brandao was coming off winning TUF

-Mendes was the #1 ranked contender when Conor beat him

- Aldo and Alvarez were wins over actual current champions, which hold far more weight then all of Khabib borderline top 10 wins combined

- Conor has arguably had 6 top 10 ranked wins

2 over CHAMPIONS (Aldo and Alvarez)

1 over a #1 rank (Mendes)

1 over a top 5 (Poirier)

2 over top 10 (Siver and arguably Brandao who was coming off winning TUF)

Conor also beat Nate AT WW while Nate was a top 5 ranked LW. That deserves mention

There's no debate to be had

Conor absolutely crushes and destroys Khabib's resume in every facet under any imaginable way possible
I think people disregard Siver because he wasn’t too 10 and then magically moments before he fought Conor a fantasy rankings list put out by the people promoting the fight ranked him.

Not that it really matters. Whether either fighter has 4, 5, or 6 top 10 wins doesn’t make it any less hilarious that either are brought up in GOAT discussions.

Siver is the only guy I can remember getting a ranking boost after the fight was made, unrelated but it's sad that guys like Siver have been branded a bum by so many as a way to discredit Conor, Siver was a top 3 FW at times during is career.
I don't agree with top 3, but I do agree he does not get the respect/credit due to him sometimes.

but let us be honest. UFC constantly tweaks their top 10 according to who will fight and how they want to hype some fighter.

I don't agree with top 3, but I do agree he does not get the respect/credit due to him sometimes.

but let us be honest. UFC constantly tweaks their top 10 according to who will fight and how they want to hype some fighter.
The ranking have always been a popularity contest to some extent, and I don't think Siver was ever top 3 either, but before the UFC did rankings, and people went with sites like fight matrix Siver was ranked #3 from July 2012 to Jan 2013 at FW.

He was even a top 10 LW for most of 2011.

I am a big Khabib fan. I like Conor too, tho his superfans kinda wear me out. Conor definitely has the better resume. I think it would look a lot better if he actually stayed and fought contenders in either division he won a championship in. But beating 2 champs and a #1 contender is better than anything Khabib has done.

Divisional GOATs clean out divisions. Conor has no defenses so that gets brought up a lot. Hard to be a goat when you don’t defend.

Khabib’s resume is weaker, but he has destroyed every fighter that has been put in front of him. Except Tibau. That fight was more like a draw. The only time he even looked human in his UFC run. Other han that it’s been brutal dominance.

Not Khabib or Iaquinta fault if Conor did'nt wanted step in the cage, after saying he will
https://www.criscyborg.com/mcgregor-hints-will-ready-go-ufc223-khabib-ferguson-cant-fight/

giphy.gif

Iaquinta shouldn't have been involved in any fight for a belt. They should have waited for someone top 5.

UFC's weight class rankings tend to be the best in regards to the top 10. That's not to say they're perfect, but other places are just plain awful. Their 11-15 gets sloppy, in my opinion where some places like RankingsMMA do it better though.

Places like Fightmatrix and Sherdog are high inconsistent though.
Lol

I am just wondering how many top 10 wins Khabib and Conor each have. A lot of haters shit on Fedor's for fighting cans, but he actually has a lot of top 10 wins that's comparable to GSP and Anderson, though GSP has more, I think.

conor and khabib have 3 each.

The ranking have always been a popularity contest to some extent, and I don't think Siver was ever top 3 either, but before the UFC did rankings, and people went with sites like fight matrix Siver was ranked #3 from July 2012 to Jan 2013 at FW.

He was even a top 10 LW for most of 2011.
I take your word for it (I truly do not recall). But I do agree he was a good known name.
I think people discredit Siver because they used him to propel Conor to a title shot - "look, he beat a top 10" - when in reality everyone knew that SIver was not a top 10 until he signed the bout agreement.
That's why many feels it should not have been so, and I tend to agree with them.
Siver was 1-1-1 with the NC being an UD win that was overturned as Siver got caught with PED's and was just coming off suspension when he fought Conor...
That should NOT have been the bridge for Conor to get a title shot. Not when you had Frankie and Mendez at the top.

But be it as it may, it is history and won't change...but I think this is why people beat on Siver. Not his fault, but he happened to be the one.

Thats still 2 more to Khabib's big fat ZERO lmao

Also Nate was top 5 until very recently..so it WAS 3 for a long time

I didn't know Nate was taken out.
Nate hasn't been top 5 since mid to late 2017, if memory serves. He he's been sitting at 7-8 (even though its been ckose to 2 years since he fought at 155)for a while. Just got pushed down to 10. Plus Dustin was not in the top 5 until he beat Gaethje. I don't think it's ever been 3. I could he remembering wrong tho.

Edson will likely be back in the top 5 soon(ish) and Dustin is in line for a title shot. Plus Tony still wants to throw down. In 2 years Khabib will have a few more top 5 wins.

Thats still 2 more to Khabib's big fat ZERO lmao

Also Nate was top 5 until very recently..so it WAS 3 for a long time

I didn't know Nate was taken out.

Nate Diaz has never been top 5 at LW, so I have no idea why you're defending your point even after it has proven to be false. Just say you were wrong and move on.

Conor - 5 ranked wins

#1 fighters defeated (2):
Alvarez

Aldo
Top 5 fighters defeated (2):
Mendes
Poirier
Top 10 fighters defeated (1):
Siver

Khabib - 4 ranked wins

#1 fighters defeated (0):

Barboza
dos Anjos
Top 10 fighters defeated (2):
Johnson
Healy

And to put it into perspective, here's Fedor's list:

Fedor - 13 ranked HW wins

#1 fighters defeated (1):
Nogueira 1
Top 5 fighters defeated (5):
Nogueira 3
Cro Cop
Arlovski
Sylvia
Herring
Top 10 fighters defeated (7):
Coleman 1
Coleman 2
Hunt
Randleman
Schilt
Rogers
Fujita

Both Conor/Nate fights took place at WW and neither of them were ranked at WW.
Nate doesn't get the distinction of beating a #1 fighter either. He beat the #1 FW at WW.
Looking at top 10 HWs it's always been the worst division by a mile.

Conor - 4 ranked wins

#1 fighters defeated (2):
Alvarez
Aldo
Mendes
Poirier
Top 10 fighters defeated (0):

Brock - 4 ranked wins

#1 fighters defeated (1):

***Couture*** (depends if you're considering this UFC rankings or world wide rankings. top 5 if going by world wide rankings)
Mir
Carwin
Top 10 fighters defeated (1):
Herring

Aldo is clearly going to be the best fighter on on the list but Mir and Couture are more accomplished than Alvarez and Mendes.

Brock and Conor have very similar careers. Incredibly short time on top. Lots of hype. Changed the PPV game.
conor wins over mendes, aldo and holloway is atleast 2 tier above any fedor and bork wins.
conor is only 30 and he only need few more big wins like khabib to surpass fedor.

Back