How many title defenses will Hendricks get?

Honestly, Hendrick's body of work is incredibly impressive.

Kampmann, Koscheck, Fitch, Condit, Lawler. That's incredible, really. Now of course, there's controversy surrounding that resume, and some of the guys were a bit past it, but other than Shields, GSP, Hughes, and Condit, there aren't any WW's that spring to mind as having clear cut superior resumes.

In reality- Hendricks has beaten most of the contenders of the past 5 years at WW

He's certainly beaten quality opponents, but besides quick kos of Kamp and Fitch, he hasn't dominated anyone like other champions have.

Depends on how much percent he fights at and which handwraps he uses.

You guys are selling Johnny short, I think he 's got the skills to put together a run. He's got his work cut out for him to catch GSP but I wouldn't put it past him to defend it a few times.

He has a lot of close fights, but finds ways to win. I think he retains the belt till Lombard gets a shot.

Doesn't matter how many defenses Hendricks gets. If Condit makes a full recovery, that belt is his.

He's certainly beaten quality opponents, but besides quick kos of Kamp and Fitch, he hasn't dominated anyone like other champions have.

Nobody has given GSP the hard type of fight Hendricks did. That alone is impressive as hell

All you guys who think he's a one hit wonder, who would you pick to beat him?

Does anybody have any idea when he will fight next or against whom? I know he is injured...

I think he beats (In 5 round title fights):

Lombard - 60% of the time
Woodley - 65% of the time
Diaz - 70% of the time
Condit - 60% of the time
MacDonald - 70% of the time
Ellenberger - 60% of the time
Lawler - 60% of the time
Brown - 85% of the time
Dong - 80% of the time

He's the best WW, problem is, tough challengers are going to keep coming, so maybe two defenses.

All you guys who think he's a one hit wonder, who would you pick to beat him?

He's the best WW, problem is there are about 5-6 guys who are almost as good as him - odds drop as he has to fight them back to back.

I would favor him over any WW, but not by major margin.

Back