How many title defenses will Hendricks get?

EvanSullivan

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I'd say he'd get 1-2 defenses depending upon the matchups. I've never thought Hendricks was anything spectacular. If he doesn't KO a fighter within a round, he usually goes into a very close decision. He cuts too much weight and that could cost him eventually and it almost did with Lawlor. In fact, I don't think Hendricks was on his A game in that fight, I'd say he was on his C game cus he went 2 for 10 on takedowns and Lawlor has no takedown defense.

Hendricks torn his bicep in that fight so yes, he wasn't on his A game.

I think he beats Woodley (who has a more suspect gas tank), Rory, Condit again, and Lombard. I still think Lawler is his worst match-up though.

I expect his reign to be similar to Bendo. A couple of title defenses with extremely even matches where the champ is given the nod just because, then probably he gets flash knocked out at some point. Hendricks is great but he's not a cut above the rest.

Knocking out the perennial #2 WW Fitch in the first round isn't impressive? Ok then. That's your issue.

hmmm, I see him dominating for a while. I actually think the guys from ATT (notably Lombard, and Lawler + Alves if he comes back in prime form) are the worst matchups for him. I think Condit could beat him in a five rounder too, but I'm not sure Condit makes it to that five rounder

I don't really like Johny, didn't appreciate his attitude nor his disrespect to my favorite fighter in GSP. But I'll admit, the guy has heart and he's a real champion.

I think he will have 1-2 tops....WW is too close in talent now. No one stands out

Honestly, Hendrick's body of work is incredibly impressive.

Kampmann, Koscheck, Fitch, Condit, Lawler. That's incredible, really. Now of course, there's controversy surrounding that resume, and some of the guys were a bit past it, but other than Shields, GSP, Hughes, and Condit, there aren't any WW's that spring to mind as having clear cut superior resumes.

In reality- Hendricks has beaten most of the contenders of the past 5 years at WW

2-3 title defenses. and i think they would be close but clear wins for him

Rig had a torn bicep and still beat Lawler in a fight that was 95% striking. People don't give Rig enough credit for that.

I think Woodley and Lombard have the best chances at beating Rig. I don't think any other WW can beat him at this time

Hendricks torn his bicep in that fight so yes, he wasn't on his A game.

I think he beats Woodley (who has a more suspect gas tank), Rory, Condit again, and Lombard. I still think Lawler is his worst match-up though.

Can he wrestlefuck Hector? I don't think so, and I also don't think he can strike with him.

How does Hendricks beat Lombard, besides a quick (T)KO?

Back