How many title defense will TJ Dillashaw get?

Meh......3 most logical next opps would be
Assunciao- tj wrecks him this time(doesn't go past 3rds)
Barao-i dunno, would favor tj....but its really hard to say how barao comes back after a loss(is he just a complete murderer and takes tj out quick to prove a point..or is he broken and tentative knowing dillashaw can beat his ass and isn't scared of the "mystique") also would be interesting to see if the absence of daily contact with ludwig is gonna affect him.....still be the favorite
D Cruz- as a cruz fan I really fcking hope his first fight back ISN'T for the title( but I could see $$ playing a factor and him being pushed towards that)....dillashaw would be a heavy favorite

If Rick Davis gets back to MMA and cuts to BW he'll dominate everyone.

If cruz can come back how he was before the injury, that division is on lock

I think he's gonna get Assuncao next and take that fight.

Likely to see a Barao rematch after that and I have a feeling TJ may have his number.

After that it's hard to say.

He's not gonna fight Faber unless something crazy happens with TJ going with Ludwig and leaving Alpha Male (highly unlikely though).

Bruce Leroy could get a shot if he manages to get by Faber (might be even more unlikely).

Mizugaki has gotta be close but I don't see him beating TJ.

Pettis is still in the pipeline but is at least two years away from hitting that level.

McDonald is probably the best challenger outside of Barao but he has to be at least 2-3 wins away from getting a title shot.

I don't want to sit here and say TJ is gonna turn into a dominant champion but if Barao can't beat him I don't see anyone else in the near future that has a real chance.

EDIT:

I somehow forgot about Cruz... That was stupid of me.

With that being said, Cruz is a massive wildcard. If old Cruz comes back then that would be like watching two carbon copy fighters take on each other. There's a strong possibility that won't happen though. We'll see with him.

Last edited:
1-2 is a safe bet

Would be an interesting prop bet. I'd put the over/under right now at 2.5 and I'd bet the under on that. Line would be artificially high since he looked so good against Barao.

Assuncao
Mizugaki
Barao II
Johnny Eduardo/Michael McDonald/Alcantara

I think he has the potential to have 4 or more and I'd be very impressed if he managed that. The most dangerous challengers atm are Barao and Michael McDonald imo unless Faber/TJ happens. Assuncao isn't exactly a pushover and had the narrow fight with him already. Dillashaw's made steep improvements since then though.

I'd put money on him having at least 2.

TJ honestly seems to have noticeably improved EVERY time we see him fight. If he keeps that up he's going to be tough to beat.

The outcome of Saturday's fight was certainly surprising. I didn't expect TJ to last more than 2 rounds. He's certainly improved. Even physically as well... But having said that, I think at best he gets 2 title defenses in.... I even see guys like McDonald and Wineland being able to beat him, as most likely the fights will just stay standing.

If that same TJ that starched Barao shows up every defense I don't see anyone at BW beating him anytime soon.

Cruz, Faber, Assunscao, MacDonald... he would merk them all

Would love to see Michael McDonald get a chance.

Take the fight seriously this time? Lmao.

Just noticed he's banned. Makes sense with that stupid remark.

he's not banned, that's his belt. he just comes into threads to plant one troll statement and sits back and watches everyone lose their minds.

Tough one. He probably beats the vast majority of bantamweight if he keeps fighting like that, but a bad style match up might prove tough. Cruz and Faber probably being the toughest. But the man just put on the performance of a lifetime against a pound for pound best. He keeps that up and he can beat anyone in the division.

TJ would lose to Barao if the rematch happens which is possibly because I believe his coach Dede wants it and the guy just had his first loss since 2005.

Depends who he fights really.

I see him beating:
Barao
Assuncao
McDonald
Wineland
Mizugaki
Alcantara
Easton

I see him losing to:
Faber
Cruz

Without knowing the future opponents, I predict 2 title defences.

Faber? he said he won't fight Faber.
and if he do i think he beat Faber.
TJ probably KO Faber worst than Barao.

Faber got drop by Barao so easily and TJ drop Barao quite easily.
TJ is way too fast for Faber.
also Faber get old now too, 35 is still good, but he likely lost to Barao again.

TJ is just improving and young, like saiyan, get stronger after every fight.

Back