how many times would McGregor had defended the FW belt if he chose to?

Conor at FW would have drowned in a rematch with Max. He moved up for a reason and looked better at LW for a reason. 2 round Conor was 100% true at FW.

0...20...who the fuck knows? He could have lost his first defense attempt for all we know.

He was always looking ahead and wanted to really challenge himself but had he stayed at FW to defend after beating Aldo how many times would he have defended?

I think hed still be champion today and would have defended around 4 - 5 times against Holloway, Ortega, Edgar, Volk and probably Aldo at some point.

People like to shit on him but had he stayed comfy at FW there is a solid chance he'd still be the champion today. He could have been the JJ of FW but moved up asap.
Very hard to be Mcgregor fan last couple years, he disappointed all his fans with drinking alcohol. Feel sorry for you dude. Hope you write him again song one day

I think he would beat aldo and mendes in rematches but lose to holloway in a trilogy

holloway has a solid chin and great volume, similar to diaz in many ways. But Conor could also probably take him down so idk. That would have been a hell of a fight.

I can only imagine the shit show if Conor stayed at 145 and Cejudo stuck around and moved up to fight him...

Cringe at it worst

Infinite amount of times. Laughable to even think about someone at FW having any chance to do anything but get KTFO.

He'd still be champ.. and prob have finished everyone whos gone for the title at fw or at least dominated. Connor is overated af but also under rated.. his stand up is still elite and fw is all strikers who arent as good as him.
Kattar would fuck Conor up if he tried to stand with him.

Depends whether he could actually crack Holloway's chin or not, which has looked pretty iron so far, if he doesn't ko Holloway in 2 he gasses and drowns under Max's pace.

Considering he got ragdolled by Chad Mendes on one week notice...

(And as others have said he can't make 145 without IVs. He needed that size and reach advantage to be successful.)

I think Aldo, Edgar, and Volk would've beaten him. Maybe Holloway, but something tells me that Conor has his number. I think Conor would've KOed Ortega.

Part of what made Conor's FW run so great was that few saw him coming. He was initially treated as somewhat of a joke that the UFC were trying to prop up. Had he stuck around as champ, then contenders would've taken him much more seriously, and that would've changed the dynamic. Plus, it's unlikely that he would've had any cardio at all past three rounds if he stayed at 145lbs.

Stylistically, Edgar and Volk would've been nightmare opponents for Conor; strong wrestlers with excellent top control, good striking defense, and cardio for days. Had they fought Conor, they might've probably eaten some hard shots early, but then piece him up and take him down in the later rounds. As for an Aldo rematch, I HIGHLY doubt Aldo would've ran straight into a left hook like he did before. He would've came in with a gameplan and discipline, and he would've beaten him down the stretch like he did to every opponent of his back then.

He was always looking ahead and wanted to really challenge himself but had he stayed at FW to defend after beating Aldo how many times would he have defended?

I think hed still be champion today and would have defended around 4 - 5 times against Holloway, Ortega, Edgar, Volk and probably Aldo at some point.

People like to shit on him but had he stayed comfy at FW there is a solid chance he'd still be the champion today. He could have been the JJ of FW but moved up asap.

he loses to aldo. that why he ran to 155 to get away from aldo.

If he wasn’t leaving 145 to chase a second belt and twist the knife he’d left in Aldo’s back, he was leaving it because he couldn’t make the weight sooner or later anyway.

Conor's lack of title defenses has nothing to do with a desire to "challenge himself." For him, it's 100% about risk aversion. He's had 4 titles in his career but hasn't defended a single one. Simply put, he looks for situations where he has more to gain and less to lose. When you're a champion defending a belt, you're the one with something to lose; which is why he never defends.

As for the question, it's hard to say. I think Frankie circa 2015-2016 would have posed major problems for Conor. And the fully formed version of Max would have also been a major problem for Conor. While I do think Conor would have beaten Aldo in a rematch and Ortega, it's extremely unlikely that he would have run the gauntlet of Frankie, Max, and Volkanovski without losing the belt.

Conor was always to big for 145, don't think his body could take so many more weight cut like that

Back