how many times/week is enough

FStep

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
currently i train bjj 4x/week and plan on starting muay tai 1-2x/week so i no longer have the amount of time to lift weights as i used to ... so question is how many times a week is enough to continue increasing in strenght

when i do lift i lift hard and try to get in 2-3 muscle groups in each workout so would say twice/week be enough with this schedule considering i get the cardio done when i train ma so this is just for strength purposes

I remember way back when I was reading in men's health that lifting once a week has something like 75% of the results of lifting 3 times a week.

Urban said:
I remember way back when I was reading in men's health that lifting once a week has something like 75% of the results of lifting 3 times a week.

I get that magizine and its pretty good, they have admited to some past mistakes. I know what you mean though theyll throw out results of studies that contridict what the magizine said the week before.

I've been trying to gain weight and ive been lifting 3x per week heavy and getting really good gains, until i hit a plauteu about two weeks ago, i need to change shit up.

First, men's health is not a good magazine. and B) two weeks is not enough time to determine that you've hit a plateu. How long have you been lifting, and how long since you took a week off?

Back