How many times did Rogan mention Velasquez/Dos Santos first fight and cheerlead Cain?

skysolo

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
When Henderson was beating Diaz, Rogan kept mentioning how Diaz could get back into his fight with little mention to how good Henderson is doing. When Velasquez was beating JDS, Rogan kept mentioning how good Cain is with little mention on how JDS can get back into the fight. That is the way to stay consistent.

I love Rogan but he did kinda praise Cain a bit too much while they were fighting. I was rooting for Cain and excited for him, but even while watching it on a head full of Jack Daniels in a house full of screaming latinos, I noticed that.

Rogan was to Cain in this fight as Mur was to Torres in that fight

I agree about the hendo diaz fight, it was pretty obvious he was rooting for diaz, He may be a bigger cain fan than jds fan, but I don't agree he was that biased. Cain owned jds for the most part and later on joe did mention the shots jds was landing. But for the hendo diaz fight, yeah.

There were whole sentences that went something like;

"Cain, blah blah blah, Cain, just blah blah Cain. Cain, Cain, blah, blah, blah, Cain." etc.

Yes, it was a one sided fight, but when you are expected to comment on the action, it really should feel less bias.

He could do it with something like;

"Big over hand right by Cain there, Junior tried to answer back with a solid body shot but just can't seem to find any power."

During the Miller and Lauzon fight they were much more neutral. If it is your job, then be as professional as you can. Being inconsistent because your favorite fighters are in the cage means you might be the wrong guy for the job.

Learn to tune him out. Makes the fight much more enjoyable. Unless you're a noob you don't need to hear 99% of what they say anyway.

Back