How many times did DC land cleanly.....

fordman7795

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
From a distance?

Seems most of his strikes landed were from the clinch

I remember a couple nice straights here or there, but yea, most of his work came from in the clinch

He actually landed a lot of strikes from both coming in and the clinch. Unfortunately he couldn't keep up the pace. People should really stop acting like JJ "destroyed" DC.

He actually landed a lot of strikes from both coming in and the clinch. Unfortunately he couldn't keep up the pace. People should really stop acting like JJ "destroyed" DC.

Seems to be emotional replies from the Jones church to be honest. jones in no way dominated the fight. He won clear but it was a tough contest for him.

DC landed a few good jabs and straight rights, but most of his work/connects came from the clinch.

People should really stop acting like DC just suddenly/mysteriously couldn't keep up the pace. It was Jones' knees, kicks and punches to the body and strong clinchwork that made DC fade. DC himself told Ariel that in the first round Jones connected with very good knee to the body and after that every hurt.

I thought it was a grueling back and forth with Jones better conditioning as well as the hard clinch work and investment in attacking the body that allowed superior technique to take over for him .

People should really stop acting like DC just suddenly/mysteriously couldn't keep up the pace. It was Jones' knees, kicks and punches to the body and strong clinchwork that made DC fade. DC himself told Ariel that in the first round Jones connected with very good knee to the body and after that every hurt.

I agree, and I'm a DC fan. I think it was a close contest, closer than the scorecards showed, but Jones won the fight.

I am eager to see a rematch though.

It makes sense most of strikes were in the clinch when there's such a reach/height discrepancy.

a solid, decisive win. nowhere near what I would call "destruction"

I agree, and I'm a DC fan. I think it was a close contest, closer than the scorecards showed

No, it wasn't closer than the scorecards showed. A fight can be close and still 50-45, a lot of people don't get that.

Not many, couple solid counters, that was about it. His kicks seemed to be the deadliest strikes he landed at range. Wish he used more, but it seemed like that takedown in the first shook his confidence in them.

He had a lot of nice leg kicks that he should have kept up I thought. Also had a couple of great jabs and straight rights. For the reach disparity that he had to overcome, Cormier's boxing looked very solid.

But the majority of his strikes came from the clinch.

I would argue that Cormier dealt more damage than Jones if you look at their faces post fight lol.

He had a lot of nice leg kicks that he should have kept up I thought. Also had a couple of great jabs and straight rights. For the reach disparity that he had to overcome, Cormier's boxing looked very solid.

I would argue that Cormier dealt more damage than Jones if you look at their faces post fight lol.
You should checked when DC talks about the body work that Jon put on him and the after effects.

No, it wasn't closer than the scorecards showed. A fight can be close and still 50-45, a lot of people don't get that.

Dude, this might happen 1% of the time, so as far as I'm concerned you're nitpicking his comment. I don't think it was closer than what the scorecards showed though, because I thought DC only won round 2.

he landed some good ones but was out struck in every round except the 2nd when he landed 2 more than jones

Dude, this might happen 1% of the time, so as far as I'm concerned you're nitpicking his comment. I don't think it was closer than what the scorecards showed though, because I thought DC only won round 2.

So you agree with me, yet disagree?

Cool.

He lost in my opinion. I gave 4th to Jones, 2 and 3 to DC and 1 and 5 were as draw as they can be.

Jones raised his hand after every round so retards thought he won them. Its like hypnosis for the masses.

How easily you get scratched is meaningless. Fighters give other fighters brain damage and the guys who get KTFO don't have a mark on their faces. Idiotic.

He lost in my opinion. I gave 4th to Jones, 2 and 3 to DC and 1 and 5 were as draw as they can be.

Jones raised his hand after every round so retards thought he won them. Its like hypnosis for the masses.

Blinded by hate. It's hilarious to see the fighter himself admitting he definitely lost and his zealous fans claiming he won. "Draw as can be", hah.

This is so very true. What makes it far worse is the 10 point must scoring system. It is "total domination" whenever a round is scored 10 - 8. I am uncertain if a 10 - 7 round has even occurred in the history of the UFC since adopting the 10 point must system.

a 10 - 9 round could be anywhere from for all intent and purposes from a razor close nod to one fighter all the way to near domination of the round without a knock down.

This could occur in any one round or all five.

I can easily see where rounds 1 to 3 could be considered "close" for DC. Rounds 4 and 5 however were not close at all.

This 49-46 was not all that close of a fight as JBJ clearly won rounds 4 and 5 by a greater margin than whichever round DC was scored winning!

Back