How many times did Buakaw get robbed in your opinion?

Discussion in 'Muay Thai and Kickboxing' started by Kanka, Feb 11, 2020.

1. Kanka Black Belt

And if so, in which fights?

2. ImmigrantMentality Banned Banned

Got robbed a few times against souwer and kraus. I think souwer legitimately deserved to win one fight from what I remember. They tried to rob him against masato but it still didn't work, and the second fight masato deserved it. More recently robbed against yi long a few years back. I didn't think he got robbed against enriko but it's been a while since I watched it

3. SuperLuigi Red Belt

The 4th Kraus fight, Yi Long, and I think one of the Souwer fights but I cant remember which one. The worst though was when they sent him to the extra round in the first Masato fight lol

4. Tayski Stand-up Fighting

Along with those mentioned above I'd add his fight vs enriko kehl being made a draw and then a forfeit loss as a robbery too, he clearly won that in the regular time.

5. Mafanofe Black Belt

He also got robbed against Risco, but who didnt?

6. Kanka Black Belt

I feel like you and @Snubnoze707 would have an opinion about which of the K-1 Max era losses were legit. Any comments on those?

7. Snubnoze707 High Level

Yoshihiro Sato LOL...

The rematch with Masato I guess was arguably legit, especially since they counted the flash knockdown.

I should rewatch some of those fights as I think I'd be more objective than I was back then, but ya pretty much all the Buakaw decision losses seemed bogus to me. K-1 MAX was weird with their scoring tho. First round was almost always a draw unless it was lopsided because they LOVED extension rounds. They also favored combo spam over kicks heavily.

8. ichibang Black Belt

Robbed
    Souwer 2005
    Kraus 2008
    Souwer 2009
    YiLong 2016
    Risco 2018

The other way around
    Kalakoda 2006
    Kraus 2008

But the guy who got fucked the hardest during Max era is Sato imo. Lost his best weapon (clinch) because K1 tried to screw Buakaw, his low kicks stopped scoring because they scored punches more to help Masato. And obviously he got robbed against Masato despite scoring the winbof his career over Buakaw.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
  9. Mafanofe Black Belt

Well,from the K-1 Max era there were some weird judging or scoring against Buakaw

- 2004, the extra rounda against masato was ridiculous

-2004 Buakaw Clearly won all 3 round agains Takeda, but was given 2 extra rounds

- 2005, the final against Souwer was sloppy and neither scored well, it was a clinchfest of single shots so i dont call it a robbery

-2007, Buakaw was beaten fairly against masato, some people used to see the knockdown more as a slip, because buakaw was trying to kick masato´s leg and got dropped, i dont agree with it, even with the leg raised the punch was solid enough to be considerate a damaging blow that made the Ref open the count

-2008 at Its Showtime against Kraus was a shame, Buakaw won the fight easily

-2009 Against Souwer in the semi finals, Buakaw should have won on the normal time, he was robbed to an extra round wich he lost, but this should never had an extra round since he won on regular time

10. Blazeblack Purple Belt

Masato was given the nod in several fights that he probably and in some cases definitely shouldn’t have. The earliest notable one that I can think of off the top of my head would be his 03’ fight with Zambidis. Any show aside from K-1 would have given it to Mike. K-1 did just about everything they could to get their Japanese stars championships. In all fairness Masato was actually a great world class fighter unlike some of the hws they tried to pass off as real “contenders”.