How Many Times a Week?

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning Discussion' started by ValeTudo19, Oct 23, 2005.

1. ValeTudo19

ValeTudo19 White Belt

I hear alot about only doing weights 3 days a week useing the pull/push system, and only training 5 days of the week and taking the weekend off. My question is how many times a week should someone be doing calisthenics, plyometrics, sprints, and long distance running?

My current weight training program is a 5 day split (Back/Bicep, Chest/Tricep, Shoulders/Traps, Quads/Hams/Calves, then I friday I superset betwen chest/back again. for Sets of 5-7 (I do 7 sets with all main lifts like squats, bench, and the deadlift) with reps of 5-10.

Should I split calisthenics, plyometrics and sprints up into a lower/upper program and split it threw the week. Or do a whole body calisthenics, plyometrics workout 3 or maybe 5 times a week?

My main focus is MMA type training, but with the weights Im trying to add some muscle mass, so I can be a little bit bigger at 185.