How many slices of whole wheat bread+peanut butter per day?

G

GrandMasterAo

I'm currently on a diet to put on weight, and I eat about 3200 calories a day (as recommended by the calculator on Berardi's website). My question is, how many slices of bread with peanut butter on it should I be eating per day? Thanks.

I remember when I was bulking I started eating alot of WW PB samiches. About once, twice a day, I would eat 2 samiches. (4 slices of WW bread, both sides covered with PB) Like 2 tbsp each slice of bread. Yup, I loves PB, hehe.
I gained about 10...10+ lbs in about 1 1/2 months - 2 months.

I remember when I was bulking I started eating alot of WW PB samiches. About once, twice a day, I would eat 2 samiches. (4 slices of WW bread, both sides covered with PB) Like 2 tbsp each slice of bread. Yup, I loves PB, hehe.

10 pounds in two months is pretty good, thanks for the info.

I don't understand this post, it's almost impossible to quantify how many servings of a single food you should have in your diet.

Check your Carbs/Fat/Protein ratio and keep track of your calories. You may want to restrict carbs to your work out window, but if trying to put on weight that's probably not a big deal.

god I can't wait for the 30th so I can start eating massively again :icon_sad::icon_sad::icon_sad:

I'm realllllly skinny, I don't think I have to worry too much about gaining too much weight.

usually when I bulk I eat 2-4 slices

most of my grains come from WW pasta

I'm realllllly skinny, I don't think I have to worry too much about gaining too much weight.

Then eat as much as you fucking want

Serious, whats the point of this thread

I'm not trying to be a dick but come on now, use some common sense

its possible to have too much PB and bread? really?

j/k

Try PB on rice too, so good.

peanut butter is a miracle i have trouble keeping weight on too, i eat about 4-5+ a day, whole wheat bread and organic peanut butter, i cant stand the non-organic.

I sometimes get a headache if i eat too many with nothing else so sliced cucumbers or some random greens that wont taste gross are a good idea, assuming youre having this in between regular meals not with them.

Thats just wrong

What else do you have with it?

sounds weird i know, i got the idea from a runners magazine. fats and protien help slow digestion, sugar/insulin release for distance workout/runs.

I'm not a big fan but its more of an asian thing, 'all natural' peanut butter is litterally mashed up into paste - so peanut sauces are on chicken and noodles like pad-thai.

^^^

refuses to click link

I know what a sausage is, but I refuse to accept it

sounds weird i know, i got the idea from a runners magazine. fats and protien help slow digestion, sugar/insulin release for distance workout/runs.

I'm not a big fan but its more of an asian thing, 'all natural' peanut butter is litterally mashed up into paste - so peanut sauces are on chicken and noodles like pad-thai.

hmm, pad-thai is nice

I meant what else do YOU have with it. Looking for ideas for cooking

ohh, sorry.

yeah just a side dish for whatever standard meat (chicken, pork, beef baked) and greens (salad or broccli or string beans).

I don't have a single 'specialty' dish that I have it with, although i think chicken would be the most common.

Try to limit your peanut butter intake, I give it up entirely after reading this: http://www.sherdog.net/forums/showthread.php?t=460479

What if its just for like 2 months like what I did? I was also taking Cytogainer at the time of bulking so Im pretty sure that contributed to my weight gain. The last year and 1/2 I was really trying to bulk. I weighed 165lbs. I wanted to go up to about 175. I wound up going up to 197 last year. Then I cut it all back down and I am currently 183-185. I think I might try to bulk again but Im not sure yet. I still have to get rid of a little belly fat which is not much but still. I hate not seeing my 6 pack anymore :icon_cry2.

Hmmm so how difficult is walnut/almond butter to find in a regular supermarket?

What if its just for like 2 months like what I did? I was also taking Cytogainer at the time of bulking so Im pretty sure that contributed to my weight gain. The last year and 1/2 I was really trying to bulk. I weighed 165lbs. I wanted to go up to about 175. I wound up going up to 197 last year. Then I cut it all back down and I am currently 183-185. I think I might try to bulk again but Im not sure yet. I still have to get rid of a little belly fat which is not much but still. I hate not seeing my 6 pack anymore :icon_cry2.

I wouldn't go out of my way to consume PB everyday for 2 months, but I doubt it will cause any damage if that's what you're asking. You would be better off to cut down and spread it out.

Back