How many sherdog posters actually picked the first McGregor Diaz fight correctly?

I'm pretty sure most of the guys with PHDs in MMA who now think Conor has no chance were criticising Conor for picking an easy opponent when he picked Nayt. He barely lost the first fight, cardio was what beat him in the end. But suddenly all the haters think he has no chance now. One word for you: grow up. Conor was favourite for this fight for a reason. He's still that same fighter and Nayt is still that same gatekeeper that has never been good enough to be champ. Conor will come in with a different strategy straight from the General John Kavanagh and it will be a different fight with probably a different ending.

So how many of you actually thought Diaz would win? How many of you have now done a complete turn and now think Diaz has an easy fight?
MI-No-Irish-Need-Apply-cartoon.jpg

Not 1 person.

The responses you'll get are as follows:

- I picked Conor, but I thought he might lose by sub
- I knew Nate would win, but I don't have any proof
- I'm a lying bitch, and know nothing about MMA

I picked Diaz with my money in Vegas. Easy money. I also picked him by sub in my fantasy fight league. It was easy to predict for me, I actually think Conor has a better chance this time (still unlikely)

Near 100% of conor fangirls got it wrong.

Heck Conor got it MASSIVELY wrong, but Nate wasn't surprised.

I thought Diaz would win due to cardio , hes hard to knock out , he is bigger and he doesnt get scurred easy which makes him kryptonite for Conor. I see the second fight going almost the exact same

Me & the homie @Jackonfire
cool-handshake-bro-o.gif

Its true.

I was just hoping Diaz would win. I expected him to lose.

It made him winning that much more better.

Bonus question: how many considered Nate being 'bigger' as a factor before the fight?

...because it definitely became a huge factor after Conor mentioned it post-fight.
:)

Not 1 person.

The responses you'll get are as follows:

- I picked Conor, but I thought he might lose by sub
- I knew Nate would win, but I don't have any proof
- I'm a lying bitch, and know nothing about MMA
I have pics of my betting slip and my fight picks history.
You're just the blind idiot that couldn't see it (and made your user name thinking Conor could go up in weight and dominate.) Nuthuggers like you are why I don't like Mcgregor

I thought Nate not being in "fight shape" was going to be a much bigger factor and that Conor might be able to catch him with a big left. I was surprised by how easily Nate ate the shots Conor did land. But as far as predicting the outcome beforehand, I never have any fucking clue how these things will go

I wouldn't say I picked first fight correct, I did argue with multiple people who said Diaz had no chance because I thought it was about 50/50 slightly favoring Conor. I haven't really changed my mind much, I still feel the rematch is about the same but would give Diaz the edge now.

I'm pretty sure most of the guys with PHDs in MMA who now think Conor has no chance were criticising Conor for picking an easy opponent when he picked Nayt. He barely lost the first fight, cardio was what beat him in the end. But suddenly all the haters think he has no chance now. One word for you: grow up. Conor was favourite for this fight for a reason. He's still that same fighter and Nayt is still that same gatekeeper that has never been good enough to be champ. Conor will come in with a different strategy straight from the General John Kavanagh and it will be a different fight with probably a different ending.

So how many of you actually thought Diaz would win? How many of you have now done a complete turn and now think Diaz has an easy fight?

"Grow up" is two words, friendo. I stopped reading there.
Getting rocked and choked out in the second round is certainly an interesting definition of "barely lost" lmao.

Despite the douchy way you framed the discussion, I appreciate that you asked this because I honestly can't remember who I picked ATM. I'll go back through my history and check.

"GROW UP" is TWO words, fwiw.

200441106-001-girl-poking-tongue-out-whilst-making-gettyimages.jpg

I have pics of my betting slip and my fight picks history.
You're just the blind idiot that couldn't see it (and made your user name thinking Conor could go up in weight and dominate.) Nuthuggers like you are why I don't like Mcgregor
I don't care about your photo shooped images.

Conor will do up in weight and dominate.

LEL. Conor or I couldn't care less who you support and why.

Irish isn't a race, its a nationality.

At the time this was not the case. Even if you were second or third generation you were still Irish even though you had never been to Ireland. We were considered a lower class race.

So tell me, how much did you win on the fight? Surely you and all the other long time MMA fans must have put a lot of money on Diaz since it was a sure thing!

See, why do assholes gotta be like this. People picked the right fighter.

I know... it's

591b9219a61b2c0488d80117a8e486e6.jpg

Smarten up ffs. Just got you got a Ballsack firmly propped upon your chin doesn't mean others can't actually analyze facts and make an informed prediction that came out correct.

Just cause you fucked up doesn't mean I did.

Back