How Many School Shooting Happened Last Year? We Don't Know.

luckyshot

Nazi Punks Fuck Off
Platinum Member
Reaction score
"This spring the U.S. Education Department reported that in the 2015-2016 school year, "nearly 240 schools ... reported at least 1 incident involving a school-related shooting." The number is far higher than most other estimates.

"But NPR reached out to every one of those schools repeatedly over the course of three months and found that more than two-thirds of these reported incidents never happened. Child Trends, a nonpartisan nonprofit research organization, assisted NPR in analyzing data from the government's Civil Rights Data Collection."

Thanks NPR for, you know, fact checking the US Department of Education.

The incompetency of the Trump administration truly knows no bounds...

The best people:

0*fiwVIdAT6Ppau1_Q.jpg

Last edited:
Sssssooooo... the NPR proved what gun owners have been saying that the school shooting "epidemic" isn't actually an epidemic?

/DickHeadResponse

Now for the serious response... I wonder if there's a categorization issue here. As an example, some places view a screaming match between spouses as an Assault matter. Wonder if a kid showing up to school with like a shotgun to go duck hunting in the truck is considered a "shooting incident" simply because it involves a firearm.

They are all fake and false flags as the conspiracy nuts say

Wow I really wasnt expecting the angle towards trump this took. Seriously.

Gang members shooting each other at a school parking lot at 5pm, doesnt count as a school shooting.
Even though it would be marked as one.
I think thats what the differences are

All school shootings are entirely Trump's fault.

I mean before Trump became POTUS there were no school shootings, just peace, harmony and bliss throughout America.

Alright so TS, zebby and the auto like bot that liked their posts are mad that an estimate was wrong and there were actually less school shootings than reported?

Boy the outrage is real. Took two seconds to bring it back to Trump too

you mean in reality there were only 80 school shootings.......whew! what a relief.......

Alright so TS, zebby and the auto like bot that liked their posts are mad that an estimate was wrong and there were actually less school shootings than reported?

Boy the outrage is real. Took two seconds to bring it back to Trump too
Gang members shooting each other at a school parking lot at 5pm, doesnt count as a school shooting.
Even though it would be marked as one.
I think thats what the differences are
So, most school shootings are made up?
Now for the serious response... I wonder if there's a categorization issue here. As an example, some places view a screaming match between spouses as an Assault matter. Wonder if a kid showing up to school with like a shotgun to go duck hunting in the truck is considered a "shooting incident" simply because it involves a firearm.
Lol, no, according to the article it's a data entry error based on a survey given to all schools.

There's a difference between a school shooting and a school-related shooting. A gang shooting with 2 students involved could be "school-related" even though it isn't someone shooting up a school. The number of school shooting being that much lower than seems like the kind of thing NPR would probably not want to uncover though. Fascinating that TS finds this to be Trump's fault somehow.

Someone goofed the numbers

<Ellaria01>

The daily shit on Trump thread could of been so much better. The ammo is out there
Wait, we only get one a day?

My bad.

So basically someone sucked at their job?
Actually, a whole bunch of people sucked at their jobs (or just blew off a dumb survey) and no one at the Dept. of Education was aware enough to realize their results were off by a magnitude of three before publishing them.

Back