How many push-ups and pull ups can you do in one sitting?

kahiljabroni

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
And are you just guessing or have u done it recently?

I just challenged myself...I'm pretty strong with both so I figured 200 push/100 pull would be doable...not the case.

I start strong with both and fade fast. I can do a solid 15 pull ups my first set but I have no stamina. The next set is about 11-12, then 8 the next, then I'm just hammering out sets of 5.

Same thing with pushups....30 easily to start, then 25, then 20, and before u know it sets of 10.

Anyway, if my life depended on it I would have hit the number but I was toast at about 165/65. I'm about 204 lbs with a target weight of 192...I wonder how much more I could do at that weight.

How many u think u could do?

Also there is very little time between sets...probably a minute or two

I pull up on barstools, and push up on whoever is paying my tab.

I do push downs. Its like a push up, but I push the earth down.

I do pushups almost everyday.
I do 4 sets of 50 in different positions for a little wake up warmup.
But ive done 100 at a time at times.

I did 32 pullups the other day in one set
Im about 168lbs now

I do pushups almost everyday.
I do 4 sets of 50 in different positions for a little wake up warmup.
But ive done 100 at a time at times.

I did 32 pullups the other day in one set
Im about 168lbs now

Do u do any other weight training?

I do 4 sets of 40 pushups every day.
Last week I timed how many I could do in 60 secs and I was at about 70 and tired as fuck. Could probably do 100 if my life was on the line.
I don't do pull ups anymore after having surgery on both shoulders.

Last edited:
Probably ten and zero.

But those 10 push-ups are impressive because I’m pushing the 285.

Do u do any other weight training?
Not much of any weight training these days. Though i was never really into it beyond dumbbells and deadlifts. Ive boxed since i was a kid, so it's always been body exercises for me for the most part

I do a couple exercises with kettle bells at home, and then i box about 2x a week.
But everything else is just calisthenics

Like many here I do the "grease the groove" approach to push ups and pullups. I do small sets throughout the day. I often close my office and knock out a quick 15-20 rep of push ups every day..

At one time, unbroken i can do about 50 push ups and about 15 pull ups.

Was doing hundreds with rest during training. Scaled it back to about 100 Monday-Friday in 25ish sets with one minute rests. I did a Tyson inspired circuit during training that I could theoretically build back up to but jaysis, serious training takes up so much time.

And are you just guessing or have u done it recently?

I just challenged myself...I'm pretty strong with both so I figured 200 push/100 pull would be doable...not the case.

I start strong with both and fade fast. I can do a solid 15 pull ups my first set but I have no stamina. The next set is about 11-12, then 8 the next, then I'm just hammering out sets of 5.

Same thing with pushups....30 easily to start, then 25, then 20, and before u know it sets of 10.

Anyway, if my life depended on it I would have hit the number but I was toast at about 165/65. I'm about 204 lbs with a target weight of 192...I wonder how much more I could do at that weight.

How many u think u could do?

Right now straight up off the couch I think I would max out at 25 before struggling on push ups and 8-10 on pull ups maybe less, haven’t done those in a really long time.

I do 4 sets of 40 pushups every day.
Last week I timed how many I could do in 60 secs and I was at about 70 and tired as fuck. Could probably do 100 if my life was in the line.
I don't do pull ups anymore after having surgery on both should.

In TKD we used to do timed push ups for one minute a lot to challenge each other.

In my prime I could do just over 100 in under a minute, and they were good quality push ups. Shitty ones didn’t get counted.

How did any of you pass the sherdog physical? You have to be able to do 1000 in a sitting, 3 sets, no rest. Which is what I can do.

Back