How many PPVs do you think Rousey vs Cyborg could do?

isnotnormal

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Since there are so many Rousey vs Cyborg threads right now I might as well ask. Let's say it is really well advertised and with a solid undercard. Or it is even that it could even be on UFC 200 with another title fight.

Just look how interest in Cyborg has grown clearly cause of Ronda
https://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=/m/04f2vvb&cmpt=q&tz=Etc/GMT+7

Look at the interest Ronda has garnered compared to that of Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquaio
https://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=/m/04gttgp, /m/04ykxz, /m/03pmbb&cmpt=q&tz=Etc/GMT+7

Not saying google trends are relevant to actual ppv numbers but i'm interested in what you think the numbers would look like.

If a fight with someone that would get worked by every girl in the top ten sold a mil, it will definitely do at least that. I'm shocked so many people bought the bethe fight.

Maybe around 300 thousand , anyone who believes 190 sold 800 thousand is a moron.

Easily breaks the record. Dana's estimate of 2.5M sounds slightly high. I'll go 2.1 million PPV buys. Ronda is only becoming a bigger and bigger star, and they can actually market this opponent instead of the usual tune in to watch Ronda demolish a chick in under a minute that we've been getting lately, and casuals have still been buying.

About tree fiddy....

a little more than Ronda vs Meisha 3.

The novelty will help sell a few more ppv's, but it won't be because Cyborg is some kind of draw. Meisha would out draw her vs anyone.

It could do 1.2-1.5 milly or so IMO, it would be a pretty easy sell and with Ronda constantly putting opponents away with ease and Cyborg being built as such a monster it would garner the next tier of hype.
With it actually being perceived as her toughest fight, one people think she might actually lose, like seriously.....for real this time, it'll sell big.

I actually think it would insta sell 1 million and the UFC hyping the rest would increase it more by whatever.

i just read ronda's ama on reddit ;)

if cyborg could be her last match that would be great.
there's also a part where she'll fight as long as she can if she keeps winning in under a minute.

Back