Social How many people do you know with coronavirus?

How many people do you know with Coronies?

• Total voters
Fuck, sorry to hear that, friend. I still think about my grandmother all the time.

Thanks bud. We were close. I spent all of my summers with her and my grandfather until he passed in 2000. I kept going to see her in the summers until I graduated, and lived with her for awhile in my late teens/early 20s. Really great woman to me. Quick story: in the 5th grade I did a bunch of work to raise money for a trip to Disney World and Kennedy Space Center with my class, and she volunteered as a chaperone. She even started working out leading up to it so she could keep up. But she ended up having more energy than most of the other younger parents. She was always proud of that. And it was nice to share that experience with her. I still have the NASA flight jacket she bought me with my name embroidered on it. Means a lot to me; I punched a kid in the teeth in 7th grade for making fun of it.

I'm sorry for your lost, brother.

My state of California is doing really well in the battle against Covid-19, except for the nursing homes.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...a-8766-be26783ae337_story.html?outputType=amp

They just started to recommend testing of nursing home staff members and residents now, but that came too late for many.

https://www.latimes.com/california/...us-nursing-homes-testing-california?_amp=true

Thanks. My parents live right on the California/Arizona border. From what I hear California is doing things pretty well. Most people I know who live there are supportive of the state at least. They were way ahead in protecting their borders and limiting movement though. That had to go a long way.

Thanks bud. We were close. I spent all of my summers with her and my grandfather until he passed in 2000. I kept going to see her in the summers until I graduated, and lived with her for awhile in my late teens/early 20s. Really great woman to me. Quick story: in the 5th grade I did a bunch of work to raise money for a trip to Disney World and Kennedy Space Center with my class, and she volunteered as a chaperone. She even started working out leading up to it so she could keep up. But she ended up having more energy than most of the other younger parents. She was always proud of that. And it was nice to share that experience with her. I still have the NASA flight jacket she bought me with my name embroidered on it. Means a lot to me; I punched a kid in the teeth in 7th grade for making fun of it.
Sounds like she had a good time. Thats the shit that matters.
I can relate, I was basically raised by my grandparents. Its a weird feeling when the people that were around when you were a kid aren't anymore.

Sounds like she had a good time. Thats the shit that matters.
I can relate, I was basically raised by my grandparents. Its a weird feeling when the people that were around when you were a kid aren't anymore.

I had a few of people I went to high school with die, either in school or after. Drugs and suicide were pretty bad where I was from. Every once in awhile I’ll think of someone but then it hits me that I forgot they’d died. Doesn’t feel right.

Please seek the mental help that you so desperately needs.
I knew some idiot would run to that end of the spectrum...

Seriously. With all these lockdowns, i shouldnt have to ask if anyone has had direct involvement with this virus. It should be at everyones door step. It should be just about unavoidable.

So far, I "know" about 6 people who have died. All older, none that I was really close to. One of my wife's friend's dad died. A lady who went to my church died. A lady who's kids I know died. etc.

My hometown has about 65k people and 300+ deaths.

That I personally know, only one. Lots and lots of friends have told me one or more of their relatives caught it.

I had a few of people I went to high school with die, either in school or after. Drugs and suicide were pretty bad where I was from. Every once in awhile I’ll think of someone but then it hits me that I forgot they’d died. Doesn’t feel right.
I still live close to the town I grew up in. My grandparents, great grandparents , great aunts etc etc etc all lived there within a mile of each other. I thought all families were like that when I was a kid. Today, my daughter and I walk around that town and I have so many stories about so many houses and not one person who lived in any of them is still there. Its weird.

I still live close to the town I grew up in. My grandparents, great grandparents , great aunts etc etc etc all lived there within a mile of each other. I thought all families were like that when I was a kid. Today, my daughter and I walk around that town and I have so many stories about so many houses and not one person who lived in any of them is still there. Its weird.

I guess that’s where that phrase “you can never go home again” comes from. I have the same thing; my hometown is entirely different than it ever was before. And not in a good way. I have to tell my wife whenever we’re there how different it was. When I was a kid they had a grocery store, two hardware stores, and a court. That’s all gone now. They’re constantly at risk of losing their hospital too. It’s weird when things change, especially when they change for the worse. I hardly recognize it anymore.

I guess that’s where that phrase “you can never go home again” comes from. I have the same thing; my hometown is entirely different than it ever was before. And not in a good way. I have to tell my wife whenever we’re there how different it was. When I was a kid they had a grocery store, two hardware stores, and a court. That’s all gone now. They’re constantly at risk of losing their hospital too. It’s weird when things change, especially when they change for the worse. I hardly recognize it anymore.

There used to be woods behind my house with trails when I grew up. I spent so much of my childhood playing on those trails with friends and our dog. Now its a big subdivision with copy/pasted houses that have almost no yards, and no trees anywhere. I hate it because I remember my grandpa (who lived with us for awhile) telling me that when I grew up and sent my kids to visit to my mother during summers and such, they'd play in those same woods. Turns out, that will never get to happen.

Mine is still pretty recognizable but its turned into something of a retirement community where it used to be a factory town. It used to be a better town to have a family in.

There used to be woods behind my house with trails when I grew up. I spent so much of my childhood playing on those trails with friends and our dog. Now its a big subdivision with copy/pasted houses that have almost no yards, and no trees anywhere. I hate it because I remember my grandpa (who lived with us for awhile) telling me that when I grew up and sent my kids to visit to my mother during summers and such, they'd play in those same woods. Turns out, that will never get to happen.

Idea; you burn down that subdivision, and we can use the tools and lumber from my future hardware store to build a bunch of tree forts and bike trails in its place.

Thanks. My parents live right on the California/Arizona border. From what I hear California is doing things pretty well. Most people I know who live there are supportive of the state at least. They were way ahead in protecting their borders and limiting movement though. That had to go a long way.

Yeah, those early precautions certainly spared us from suffering the same tragedy that played out in New York/Italy/Spain.

We have our share of infected with over 100,000 cases, but thankfully the curve was flatten in time and the heathcare system were able to handle the most critical cases as they steadily came in, instead of hospitals being overwhelmed and falling apart like elsewhere.

We are in the process of reopening now, life is gradually returning to normal. They are even talking about reopening Disneyland soon.

I would say that the plight of the nursing homes is our only regretable chapter in this saga. Over half of our state's total mortality happened there, despite everyone knowing the old folks will be hit the hardest.

Came back to edit my vote once again. Lost another family member. My grandmother's sister-in-law passed away. She was like 98. The other family member was 84. Both past their expiry dates so pretty big nothing burger.

Yeah, those early precautions certainly spared us from suffering the same tragedy that played out in New York/Italy/Spain.

We have our share of infected with over 100,000 cases, but thankfully the curve was flatten in time and the heathcare system were able to handle the most critical cases as they steadily came in, instead of being overwhelmed and falling apart.

We are in the process of reopening now, life is gradually returning to normal. They are even talking about reopening Disneyland soon.

I would say that the plight of the nursing homes is our only regretable chapter in this saga. Over half of our state's total mortality happened there, despite everyone knowing the old folks will be hit the hardest.

I’m wondering if there were any good practical solutions outside of stringent testing and contact tracing of staff and contractors (like hospice nurses). The homes were just a powder keg waiting to go off and I don’t know how realistic it would be to move them, especially those is memory care.

I feel like communication has been an issue as well. In our case, my mother knew that people had tested positive in my grandmothers home but when she called the hospice nurse, they had not been notified of any cases (and had been visiting other homes in the interim). I doubt they meant to hide it, but its negligence on the part of the nursing facility.

The only person I know personally who tested positive for it is my wife's uncle down in Antigua. Thankfully he recovered just fine. I'm shocked but happy that nobody else in the house got it - I think there are 7 or 8 people living there in addition to him.

Appreciate it. My parents are that age, my mom is 63 and dad is 67. They’ve been pretty responsible during this whole ordeal though, despite being stubborn. I’m kind of glad the nursing home had barred visitors because my mom would’ve been there too often. It’s regrettable that no one could be there this morning though.
Very sad that infected people can’t have loved ones visit. Just doesn’t seem right.

My wife knows about four people from her work. Middle aged fat black guy was told to say his goodbyes. They took him off the ventilator.

But he didn't die! He recovered, and is now in a facility rehabbing.

But holy shit it out his family through hell. Saying goodbye on a fucking iPad. Smh. Glad he is okay.

Kinda makes you think of all those quack tv doctors creaming their shorts over getting the kids back to school in late March because it'd only be like 2-3% of the nation's youth that got it and died.

I mean, damn. Imagine being a kid, infecting your parents, and you never get to see them again.

Back