How many of you would watch TUF if Ben Askren was a contestant?

I got 99silvas but logic aint one.

You made 1 decent thread, then went back to trolling.

Putting Askren on TUF would be like putting GSP on TUF.

I honestly would. The guy comes off as having a hilarious / mischievous personality, and he's actually pretty decent at wrestling. I don't know if he could win the whole thing, but I think he could hang around long enough to make it interesting.

Also the drama between him and Dana would comical, it would remind me of Roy Nelson and DW's little feud.

Who?

I stopped watching TUF many years ago due to the drunken stupidity that seemed to get more air time than actual fighting.

These fighters get a once in a lifetime opportunity, and some of them piss it away by getting drunk 2 nights before a fight. What a waste.

I stopped watching TUF many years ago due to the drunken stupidity that seemed to get more air time than actual fighting.

These fighters get a once in a lifetime opportunity, and some of them piss it away by getting drunk 2 nights before a fight. What a waste.

it's not even that great of an opportunity. If you're good enough to make it into the show there's no reason why you can't keep earning money, experience and training with professional fights and then get a ufc contract down the road.

The only real positives is that you MIGHT get top-tier training (which doesn't matter if you're already in a reputable camp), get your house and food taken care of (which doesn't matter if you're already well off) and get more exposure with the UFC fanbase.

The downside is that you're away from your routine, possibly loved ones, and aren't earning money while you fight in shitty little exhibitions and possibly live with shitty idiots in one insular house with little to no privacy.

This x1000.

I was interested in Ronda's season and that's been about it. They really need a condensed version of 100% fights.

Askren was asked this before and he said having to do TUF would be a slap in the face considering what he's already accomplished and the shitty fighters that get signed anyway without having to do the show

No, he deserves to be in the UFC fighting to establish himself in the top 10.

I hardly even see live fights anymore.. so no. I wouldnt watch

Damn right I would. I've been following him since his first Bellator fight.

Man I gotta start looking at who started a thread before I open it.

LOL @ pretty decent wrestling. Best in MMA. Too good for TUF.

But of course i'd watch him win it all.

I would watch every episode thoroughly. The guy needs to be in the ufc.

Why should he go through TUF? He is an already well-estabilished fighter.

Back