How many of you would watch TUF if Ben Askren was a contestant?

The only TUF season I watched was the one with Shonie Carter, and that's because he's freakin' hilarious. I can't see any reason to watching Ben Askren do his thing, there's no entertainment value in it for me.

Cut cable (Dish), so couldn't honestly say...might be a reason to re-subscribe to UFC online. But yeah, it would be beneath him, like putting on GSP as a contestant. It might be White's way out to save face, though, if Askren were interested.

Decent at wrestling? The guy has is one of the best p4p wrestlers in all MMA. He would walk over subpar competition in TUF.

but it is not going to happen... is all about money and One FC pays him well.

DC Romero Mcman...There are a lot of more accomplished wrestlers. He's never even been tested by an elite wrestler in MMA...Sure he is deff better then decent but he's not the best just because he wrestles the f*** out of crappy wrestlers.

Cut cable (Dish), so couldn't honestly say...might be a reason to re-subscribe to UFC online. But yeah, it would be beneath him, like putting on GSP as a contestant. It might be White's way out to save face, though, if Askren were interested.

Comparing Askren to GSP lmao

This thread reeks of UFC shill.

"Stupid idea Askren is tuf level tuf plug I guess he's ok at wrestling a little Roy Nelson what what Dana white plug UFC fighters so other level Askren on tuf bs BS."

Yeah, no.. Askren is about as good as lawler over the last 5 years. No. Stop.

Yea, I'm sure he could do decent. "I don't know if he could win the whole thing." Really? Who else is going to be on this edition of TUF? GSP, maybe Johnny Hendricks. This sounds like the best season of TUF if you're unsure how well Askren will do. Maybe, Askren is going for the light heavyweight TUF.

Don't care about TUF anymore.

It's boring and the fighters it produces are very rarely relevant anymore.

Where I was a fan and followed TUF every episode, now I can't be bothered to watch regardless of the contestant. Perhaps an Eastern European show but Askren? No.

I believe he would dominantly bore me to sleep

Ben Askren is a dual organization champion who makes above mid tier UFC money.
Why exactly would he do TUF ? I could see him coaching like he did with Pettis.
Ben is a champion and OneFC rules are way more dangerous than UFC's, if anything
they should buy out his contract and add him to the welter weight division. Ranked top 10 upon entrance. If he overwhelms his opponent maybe fast track him to the title shot. I think Ben would beat Hendrix and or Lawler. The only problem I could see for him is if ShowWeather lands flush. Likely Funky will ride midget Lombard out and smother him for 3 rounds.

I could see them running him through TUF if he was signed for the chance he gets washed out and Dana can say "Told you he sucks and didn't want to be here" and it would be a good introduction of him to fans, and the UFC brass would get the chance to humble him

Ben Askren is a dual organization champion who makes above mid tier UFC money.
Why exactly would he do TUF ? I could see him coaching like he did with Pettis.
Ben is a champion and OneFC rules are way more dangerous than UFC's, if anything
they should buy out his contract and add him to the welter weight division. Ranked top 10 upon entrance. If he overwhelms his opponent maybe fast track him to the title shot. I think Ben would beat Hendrix and or Lawler. The only problem I could see for him is if ShowWeather lands flush. Likely Funky will ride midget Lombard out and smother him for 3 rounds.

If they were interested in having the best, that is what the UFC would do, but they don't want a boring wrestler that will smother all of their fan favorite fighters.

I wouldn't mind seeing it at all, but that is why they might run him through TUF

I'd watch his fights but still wouldn't sit through that retarded show.

He would win. Pathetic how these TUF scrubs that are 2-2 are in UFC and Ben isnt.

Pseudosport..what a joke

I'd actually sort of dig a 206 lb Askren beating the shit out of heavyweights on TUF.

You don't know if he could win the whole thing?

With the kind of competition that comes out of TUF he could take every single fighter in a mortal kombat style tournament bracket (ie, him versus everyone including his own clone).

Back