How many of you think Lima is the 2nd best WW in the world today?

Here's the thing

It depends on my Depends.
@Green
Reaction score
I think he'd wreck shop in the UFC. He may lose to Usman, but it would be a brutal back-and-forth battle. He'd smash Conor, Colby, and Nate. Jorge and Tyron would be good fights too, but I see him winning both those as well.

Nope! Good but not great.

UFC is teh ultimate proving ground.

Look at how highly people spoke of Ben Askren prior to entering the ufc.

But that was the case for strike force fighters and mest were wrong

I like Douglas Lima, but I think Woodley and Colby would beat him handily, as much as I dislike those two.

Sorta agree. We'll never know how good Lima, Pitbull, and Chandler are until they make the jump to the UFC. I'd be shocked if we ever see them there in their prime. I've been wondering how those dudes would perform there since 2013. Until then, its just hypothetical talk.

But then again, Eddie Alvarez win a UFC title as a former Bellator champion. Truth is, Bellator fighters aren't made in some Bellator factory. Former Bellator champs like Askren, Lombard, and Brooks just didn't pan out.

I like Douglas Lima, but I think Woodley and Colby would beat him handily, as much as I dislike those two.
Honestly, I don't think Woodley would fare too well due to the fact that he never really seems to employ a wrestling centric gameplan, has to be passive to conserve his gas tank and rarely pressures his opponent.

Colby, Usman and Edwards would give him fits I think.

I think Lima is possibly the best WW in the world. He has developed great takedown defence over the years, Has a very good groundgame and is a very powerful and technical counterstriker.

He has beaten some great fighters over the last few years in a very deep division. at this point i would like to see him in the ufc but i believe he just signed a new contract with Bellator.

Lima has a better resume than almost any other WW in the last 3 or 4 years.. He has beat Koreshkov X2, Daley, Rory, Larkin and MVP.

I think he'd wreck shop in the UFC. He may lose to Usman, but it would be a brutal back-and-forth battle. He'd smash Conor, Colby, and Nate. Jorge and Tyron would be good fights too, but I see him winning both those as well.

I think he'd beat Jorge. Maybe Tyron. I think he loses to Conor, Colby, and Uzman. I think. I have no reason to think he's so much better than when he first fought Rory. I see a same fighter, but maybe better.

Colby would be an absolute nightmare match up for Lima imo, Lima isn't hard to clinch up with against the cage and even gave up double unders a lot there against Rory. If you let that happen with Colby then it's going to look like the Lawler fight.

Colby, Wonderboy and Edwards all likely outpoint him.

Woodley is a big ass question mark right now.

Masvidal would be fun as hell. So would RDA.

He beats Till, Maia, Chiesa, Lawler, Diaz, etc.

So, #6 or #7 or so.

He should jump ship once the contract is up unless bellator offers more money. I have a feeling ufc will offer him a lot tho, the UFC WW division needs some spark

Possibly top 10 in the UFC. He won’t get top 5 and certainly never a title shot.

He is up there but I don't think he matches up well with Usman and Colby. Maybe Edwards too. He tends to accept getting clinched too easily.

He’s the best WW in the world. He beats Usman, Colby, Woodley, and Mas imo

He's 4 or 5 imo.

Usman, Colby and Tyron are top 3. After that its Lima, Mas, Edwards in whatever order you want.

Could be everybody say the Ufc has the best but look at how many guys come from else where and become champion. With that said he does need to be in the Ufc as where they win is in there depth.

Not a lot I'd say.
UFC has the best WWs in the World.
Beating MvP in Bellator isn't indicative of whether he's top 5 or not.

I’m a Lima fan .... really tough to say how’d he do ..... wrestlers have given him trouble in the past and he hasn’t really proven it would be different......Lima vs Masvidal would be fun

Back