How many of you hope that Miesha Tate can beat Ronda Rousey this time?

woloo

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I am starting to think that it is possible for Tate to beat Ronda this time.

Some facts:
- Only fighter to last more than 2 rounds and it was two times
- Can challenge Ronda in striking and some ground game (wrestling)

The only thing Tate has to prevent from is the armbar. I mean Ronda wasn't able to KO her.

Would prefer Tate didn't win so the Cyborg fight eventually means more.

And yes, Tate has done comparatively well because she's got solid submission defense and is tough to hurt in general. It's a pretty good combination but she lacks the kind of threatening offense necessary I think to really take things much further.

she has to use upkicks and not go for takedowns which she did in her last fight with her

nope don't think tate makes it out of the first again. probably longer than most of Ronda's other fights again though.

I'm always rooting for Miesha, but I have no illusions that she can win.

Since Joe Rogan compared this fight to Ali-Liston, I fully expect a third fight with Tate to be the Thrilla in Manilla.

Tate 2.0 can make it interesting. Ronda has power but her defense is porous. She actually got her nose bloodied by Bethe lol. Anybody with any kind of good straight punches woulda flatlined Honda last night, that's just cold hard fact. Correira just has zero power, she was a decision machine before she ever got the fight to begin with. She was a striker who basically knocked out nobody but for hype the UFC starts saying oh she has one shot power.

First Ronda/Tate fight was only one round. Either way, Tate doesn't stand a chance.

Not hoping for it and it can't happen. No indications that Tate can finish Rousey, so can't imagine a scenario where she doesn't eventually get finished herself. At least in theory, someone with a lot of power could get a strike through and a KO, but that isn't going to Tate.

if miesha is still training with the same people theres no chance. watching the last fight made me wanna shut the PPV off.. she just keep walking up to rousey and clinching, and getting tossed repeatedly... dont get it

She has one of the worst fighting IQ I have ever seen, so "no" I have no hopes for her.

Back