How many of you have insurance?

ralphc1

Titanium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm referring to all kinds of insurance and I don't sell insurance.

If you own a house and have a loan, you have to have insurance on the house. Many who rent don't have insurance.

If you have a car you are usually required to have liability insurance in case you cause damage or injury to someone else. You also might need to have coverage to repair or replace your vehicle.

Life insurance is something that many people don't have. If you want to be buried, that costs about $10,000. If you have children, you need to provide for them if you die before they are grown.

Many people are complaining about being forced to have health insurance but many still chose to pay the fine instead of buying insurance.

I started this thread because of local events that have happened.

One family's house burned and they didn't have insurance. They have a motorhome, a couple boats 2 jetskis, 2 snowmobiles, 2 fairly new vehicles but no insurance on the house and are asking for donations.

A man driving a car with no insurance hit a pedestrian who was self employed and didn't have medical insurance.

A man crashed his new motorcycle and died. His obituary said his children were the most important thing in his life. Seems the only life insurance he had was the $5000 his employer provided. His co-workers were telling that they could purchase additional term life insurance at very good rates.

I've always had insurance on everything even when I didn't make much money. My parents had purchased a $5000 policy for me when I was born that I added to and expanded. This was a whole life policy that provided me with a good amount of money in retirement. It had a savings provision that I could add money to at a guaranteed 5% minimum interest. My siblings had the same policy but cashed them in when they turned 18.

Do you have insurance? I know some on here have children. Do you have insurance to provide for them?

I'm sure if anything bad happened people would just give me money. White privilege ftw

yea i have insurance lol.

Auto is mandatory here, and i have pretty basic coverage on my townhouse and a $2 million umbrella. I don't need life insurance right now since im only 22 among other reasons

I have a $500,000 insurance policy on my balls. They're spectacular.

I've never understood why people in America dont have their home/life insured, it's part of getting a mortgage here, you have to have both over the term. That way if anything happens to me, my house is paid off and there's money for my kids.

I still don't have medical insurance. Waiting for them to repeal Obamacare KEK. It's cheaper for me to just pay the penalty.

I have Health and Life insurance through the Veterans Affairs.
I have Car insurance, because I'm not an Idiot.
I do not have renters insurance.
I also own 40 acres of property, but there is nothing on it at the moment, so there is no need for insurance on that.
I also have dental insurance that I pay out of pocket for, but it sucks balls.

I'm not poor, so yes, I have insurance.

085260da739d5f8723a626ab23a0da4623be9458998bfc91b38c57cdffec16d4.jpg

Life, auto, home, wife's wedding ring, tractors, etc...
The only thing I haven't got around to is adding farm insurance to cover accidental livestock death or liability.

I have medical insurance because it is cheaper than paying the fine. If there was no fine I wouldn't have it since I do not have kids and never go to the doctor myself. Car insurance is not optional, nor is my house insurance as I have a mortgage. Never used renters insurance when I was renting

I have medical, car and renters. Probably should get some life insurance soon. I drink too much beer not to.

I have medical, car and renters. Probably should get some life insurance soon. I drink too much beer not to.

when you coming to KC again jackass?

when you coming to KC again jackass?

Tiff is going back to Kansas in October I think. I'm gonna stick around here because Wichita is boring as piss and we wouldn't have any time to drive up there. But we're going to go visit her friend in Kansas City closer to the end of the year. I'll keep you posted.

What games are you playing these days? I'd be willing to bite the bullet and just play BF4 multiplayer. Nothing will ever beat BF:BC2 though. Dammit that game was fun.

I have Health and Life insurance through the Veterans Affairs.
I have Car insurance, because I'm not an Idiot.
I do not have renters insurance.
I also own 40 acres of property, but there is nothing on it at the moment, so there is no need for insurance on that.
I also have dental insurance that I pay out of pocket for, but it sucks balls.

You should check with your car insurer. You can usually add renters insurance for a low cost. One of my friends added it for $5 month.

Dental insurance is one that I don't carry because it costs pretty close to the same amount that it pays.

The thing to consider about starting life insurance at a young age is that you can get it with provisions that allow you to increase the coverage without any medical examination. If you ever have children and find out you have a terminal illness, you can purchase up to 10 times the amount.

Last edited:
Back