How many of you don't celebrate Christmas?

as an adult you realize that, but as a kid, i wanted that newest video game or toy or whatever. Its fun to get the rest the family up early and make them gather round so you can open your presents. Its not wrong to do a little material spoiling once a year for the kids.

You're absolutely right. I spent way too much on my nephew this year. I bought his toys as much for myself as I did for him. It's just I wish the gifts didn't have to be associated with the religious aspect of the day. Like Christmas in July for a conventional secular Christmas, and Christmas in Winter for a religious holiday. You could switch the months if you wanted. Christ was born in Spring.

for me its not about religion i just like the kozy feel of christmas

also my family got its own tradition for christmas, like:

making BIG fire in the woods, wrestle in snow, elk meat, hand made presents (but not always)...so christmas is very cheap for us :D

Last edited:
I do, to an extent. I would rather not. Putting the outdoor lights up is fun though. Did a pretty good job this year.

I dont. I see it as a giant waste of time, money and energy.

I am not religious, but I still enjoy celebrating the holiday with my family and friends. I actually really enjoy spending time together, listening to the cheesy (classic) Christmas songs, eating good food and drinking wine, and exchanging presents.

If that's not for some people, that's cool. I don't really have a strong opinion on it.

Having said that, since a lot of the country gets Christmas off, and some even get Christmas Eve off, what do you do?

If I didn't celebrate Christmas due to religious affiliation or any other reason, I would try to make a tradition of something to keep from being bored.

I can't imagine parents that deny a child what Christmas is really about (gifts, decorating, family get togethers, etc)

I can, my parents and it sucked. Every years everyone else would talk about all there gifts while I got shafted by my religious dad who refused to celebrate Xmas and Halloween.

Thanks brah!

Grumpy-Cat.jpg

You're welcome, brah!

It is possible for Christians to celebrate both the religious and secular aspects of Christmas. Yes, some people go overboard on lights and gifts etc...but lots of other holidays and traditions do that.

Peace on earth, good will towards men.

Also, original idea for gifts:

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Last edited:
It's always the most broke time of year me as freelancer television production guy. Everything shuts down between Thanksgiving and X-mas, I'm expected to buy gifts, maybe travel, hang out with the girls fam I've never meet. Still fun but damn the stress got to me this year.

Christmas isn't a religious holiday anymore.

My wife and I are as atheist as it gets, but we love seeing our kids messing with their presents under the tree.

Merry Christmas everyone hope you all have a good time and stay safe and close to your family

i dont celebrate anything, Just cry, chain smoke and drink in my tub.

If it weren't for the women in my life I would only use holidays as another excuse to get piss-drunk. So I take part, for them.

And TS the best part about being atheist is to make your own principals and not give a shit what people say. Celebrate with everyone else this time of year but for whatever reason you want. It won't hurt. Accept a gift, give one. People are rarely this generous throughout the year, it would be nice if we were but take advantage of whats here now.

Back