How many of you are truly happy? (and achieved some measure of life satisfaction)

Came through the fire,, landed on the other side, found out what happiness is. It’s a daily pursuit, most days I touch on it...

The only major life goal I have yet to achieve is to start a family, and it genuinely terrifies me to think that I wouldn't be able to feel satisfaction/fulfillment from that (everybody tells me it is life changing... but what if something is broken inside me and it isn't?)
It's the single most rewarding thing on earth.

The only major life goal I have yet to achieve is to start a family, and it genuinely terrifies me to think that I wouldn't be able to feel satisfaction/fulfillment from that (everybody tells me it is life changing... but what if something is broken inside me and it isn't?)

"You" are weaker than your genetics. When you see them in another person that you made, resultant emotion will override your preconceived notions. Scary awesome, and a chance to create a new, better version of yourself. The best.

Not everyone feels happy and fulfillment in a marriage. It may relate to you, your partner or both. My marriage did not work and I lost a son in the process.

Lack of happiness may come from lack of achievement, self-esteem, and emotional issues. You deserve all the people and things you have in your life. Happiness has nothing to do with that.

I am older now and going through what I consider some of the best years of my life. I had my career (military) and family. I truly enjoy time alone, peace and quiet. Much of my happiness these days comes from helping others achieve their goals and rescuing animals. Yes, I'm the guy who rescued and now raises 5 donkeys. The donkeys have also done a lot to better my life.

I love how you rescued those Donkeys. They're generally used as slaves to pull shit and are more often than not treated as property. They're fantastic creatures though and respect to you for what you do for them.

I have failed academically,socially and athletically so im not that happy

Good news is im emotionally numb due to my background so i dont care that much

The route to happiness as a man is to do something well that has value and gets you respect.

One cannot aim for happiness though, rather the conditions within which happiness can occur.

I will be a lot happier with myself when I start my next venture. Treading water for a decade has got me down on myself a little.

I have failed academically,socially and athletically so im not that happy

Good news is im emotionally numb due to my background so i dont care that much

Sometimes even to live is an act of courage.
Seneca

Keep your head up. You're still breathing, you're still winning.

Happiness and sadness is one in the same. Both would lose their impact and meaning if the other didn't exist. They need one another. It's like light and darkness. Light is only illuminated with darkness surrounding it.

Always remember just how awful the lives of others are and have been throughout history. For every complaint you have someone else would die to trade places with you. Right now I have a great gf, steady job and get to do a lot to activities. Life is good. Plus I get to sherdog.

My wife asked my recently why I don't get very stressed out and I said "well I'm not sucking dick for crack. So things can't be that bad."

7 out of 10 on being content.
At 40, I’m doing allright.
Currently expanding my business, and still growing as a person. Currently living Makati PH, but 4 months of the year return to Florida and NYC.
As a Fil Am, i get the best of both worlds, and I don’t get bored in one place.

Things that prolly aren’t for me, having kids and starting a family. I may not get married for a while, in the rare case I do. I prefer being alone a lil bit for my own time more than most.

I’m happier now than I was in my late 20s and early 30s, im on a current upside of ‘The Matthew Principle’ and expanding.

I feel it will continue, God Willing.

Last edited:
The last time I was truly happy, I was in Phuket, staying in a hotel with a balcony view of the beach, not having a care in the world...

I have the money but I’m afraid to spend it, as my next step in life will cost a lot.

I need to see more of the world, however, as that is what makes me happy.

I was never guaranteed this life and make the best of it and when I die I wouldn't have any regrets. I feel like a damn kid who was given a free pass to Disneyland when I think about life. I do whatever the fuck I want to do.

Things that prolly aren’t for me, having kids and starting a family. I may not get married for a while, in the rare case I do. I prefer being alone a lil bit for my own time more than most.

Same here. I think I can be too selfish with my own time. But hey, I never get sick of myself.

I'm not sure I can be. I don't know if I'm wired that way. I feel like I've made a breakthrough though. I went through so much adversity for so long, that I had to become a different person to survive it. And I'll never be that weaker person I used to be, ever again. Just knowing that feels like a big win and drags me through the dark days. For now.

[QUOTE="-Magua-, post: 150732145, member: 499699"
I think I can be too selfish with my own time. But hey, I never get sick of myself.

If you know who u are it’s allright. U can’t think you’re best, help out, and help lead, or do your part as a spoke in the wheel, if you’re needs aren’t met, operating in deficiency in any relationship leads to resentment imo.

Help yourself first, then help others. Can’t help out if you’re not operating from a position of wellness and strength.

It also helps to only surround yourself with people who support you and positive influences in your life as you do the same.

Works for me, and many others I reckon.. but it ain’t for all.

Last edited:
I think Im happier each year. Used to be pretty sad in my teens days.

I found out happines is not being extremely pumped but more like peaceful. Once you dont let your emotions get the best of you, you can start working on the things that bother you.

Whenever I achieve something, I don't feel any satisfaction or achievement. Even things I've worked tirelessly on.

That was a good segment from the podcast.

I'd say out of 100% I'm about a 75. My shoulder injury is taking longer to heal than i expected. Can't really box or train teh ufc. I can lift (not heavy)and walk/run. But i used to get such enjoyment out of training.

I have a super supporting wife, no kids. So at least there's that.

Back