How many of us have been in jail/prison/psyche?

If you have never once been to jail, you're a loser. A cop would tell you this. Living life and having balls means you go at least once for a night or two.
I'm in my early thirties and I've already been to over 25 countries and 5 out of 7 continents. However no matter what country I'm in I always respect the law. If thiz means I'm boring then I guess I'll have to live with that

I'm in my early thirties and I've already been to over 25 countries and 5 out of 7 continents. However no matter what country I'm in I always respect the law. If thiz means I'm boring then I guess I'll have to live with that

Well, if a wild night happens, and you do a night, it's not the end of the world and you'e not a different person. Truth is, jail is the worst place in the world to be.. I think I was half kidding. I've been in bed 28 hours with the flu so I don't even know wtf is going on.

I've always wondered, how exactly can the doctor prove that you were suicidal and send you against your will to the psych ward unless you just flat out told him you wanted to kill yourself?

Thats what I said. I told the DR I have multiple guns, if I wanted to be dead I would be dead already...but they thought it was a cry for help or some shit and committed me even though I was an adult and told them it was just an accident after years of drug abuse. Long overdue really. They said they couldnt risk it.

Once I spoke with the DR in the psyche ward after 24 hours, and told him what happens he believed me 100% and started the process of getting me on my way. I'm sure that guy has seen hundreds of overdoses and could tell I wasn't mentally disturbed.

Full disclosure though, the first doctor told me she couldn't technically make me go but if I refused, cops would show up at my house and forcibly take me there in cuffs. I suppose its entirely possible she was bluffing and I bought it.

Yup. Theft at 19. Suicide attempt at 20. Reckless endangerment at 30. Nothing to be proud of. Life is better now through those experiences of utter stupidity.

I have done quite a few things that would have put me in a stint in jail when I was young.
But I am a pretty smart guy and sort of flown over them.
I haven't done shit the last 20 years or so, Except maybe a couple assaults on fucktards.

Done a few overnighters in jail on my twenties but nothing serious. Never even made it to general population.

I was once in jail for 36 hours, in Tulsa OK.

The arrest was public, and very humiliating.

I couldn't post bail because I was arrested without my wallet and didn't have my debit card. The phones in the prison could only call landlines, and there was only one number I could remember off the top of my head - My Mom & Dad's house in Wichita KS and it was my Mom's birthday.

Rather than have her birthday associated with an anniversary of her son calling her from jail, I waited until the next day.

In the meantime, I decided to make conversation with the other inmates, about a dozen of them, and realized one thing they all had in common - they never took responsibility for what they did, and had multiple excuses.

I chose right then and there, this would be the only time I would ever be in jail. I'd take responsibility for what I did, and get out of this with a clean record.

I called my dad at 9pm the next evening, after I knew my mom would be asleep. Told him my situation - he wasn't pleased. He drove a 6 hour round trip from Wichita, to Tulsa, and back to Wichita, that night.

Wow. That was humbling that he'd do that for me. He could have said he'd make the trip in a few days, or in the morning, or he could have said 'fuck it, you're on your own.' But he did what I desperately needed for him to do, he got me out ASAP.

That inspired me to stop fucking up on small shit that could expand into deep shit.

I made my court dates, paid my fines, did an additional two hours of community service than I had to, and been 100% straight-arrow ever since. I don't even drink anymore, though what I did wasn't drinking related, having no drinking habit lowers the chances I'll ever be arrested again.

Edit - Additional story about being in jail.

This was my first and only time being arrested, so I was scared shitless about my current situation. I lost my job, my freedom, and possibly by future because I was in school and if I missed classes without any explanation I'd be thrown out.

So, I knew my Dad's Cellphone number, but couldn't call it because it wasn't a landline, so I came up with the brilliant idea of asking the jail guard if he could do me a favor and call it.

Walked up to him and started with a pathetic 'Pardon me, Officer Bat.....'

...and I burst out laughing.

So much goddamn stress, tiers, fear, and humiliation throughout the day, I couldn't hold back when I saw the officer's name tag... it was...

'BATMAN'

I swear to God, if I'm lying may I serve a life-sentence, his nametag said 'BATMAN.'

After I stopped laughing and tried my hardest, and failed, to wipe the smile off my face, I realized I ruined my chance for any kind of assistance.

To this day, 8 years later, I occasionally wonder how Officer Batman is doing on the Tulsa Police Department.

Last edited:
4 days in county jail, and honestly it's the boredom and bad food that bothers you. oh and too many dudes of course

Do you ever run into people you've arrested off the job? Once I spotted at the gym for a cop that arrested me for underage drinking haha
I don't live in the city I work in. Run into people I've previously arrested all the time while working though. Never had an issue cause I'm pretty mellow and don't spin people up.

Let a dude smoke a cigarette while cuffed, let the dude I took for a psych hold smoke on the gurney and told the ambulance to let him finish and even let a dude who I had to transport to county piss in the bushes.

Told him I'd take a cuff off and cuff it on his belt so he could piss. Told him if he ran or fought he'd get tased. Dude pissed, got cuffed back up and we both had a mellow ride to county. He sat in the back and kept muttering it was "cool as fuck" I let him piss in the bushes.

Nope I would die.. I'm claustrophobic..

I do have a good friends who's doing time for kidnapping though.

Nope I would die.. I'm claustrophobic..

I do have a good friends who's doing time for kidnapping though.
Think my cousin is in for a long stretch this time....he has a court date in june. Assault, car jacking, theft between $1,500-$25,000, robbery, etc. He's been to jail more times than I can remember and been to prison in a couple of different states. He's basically a lifelong fk up.

Think my cousin is in for a long stretch this time....he has a court date in june. Assault, car jacking, theft between $1,500-$25,000, robbery, etc. He's been to jail more times than I can remember and been to prison in a couple of different states. He's basically a lifelong fk up.

Maybe its a yo yo thing. Hope my buddy learns from this.. Though id doubt it..

If you have never once been to jail, you're a loser. A cop would tell you this. Living life and having balls means you go at least once for a night or two.
Going to jail just means you dun fucked up. Going to jail in Nicaragua means you really fucked up. Ill take as many days in the local drunk tank as needed to never be in one of those shot holes again.

Interesting topic

Ive been in psychiatric hospitals for about 3 years now, as my job

Never been in jail though

Back