How many more fights should Overeem do?

Snowy1

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
While graphically today's KO looked bad it probably wasn't too brutal to Overeems brain. He has the added advantage of shutting off quickly (forcing the ref to call off a fight) thus sustaining less continuous damage or punishment while concussed.

I reckon he should do 3 more fights (or take 2 more losses) and call it a career. $800k a fight plus other sponsorships should set him up well for retirement.

Bout tree fiddy?

Last edited:
i vote for zero. he's taking too much damage at this point.

however, with HW as pathetically weak as it is, maybe they should just keep him away from the one shot killers like rozenstruik and ngannou.

He could realistically win a few more fights, he still has a good skill set. I know he wants the belt but he struggles with consistency and the UFC weren't really throwing him any opponents that would catapult him to a title shot. If Blaydes was able to outwrestle him that easily, DC would do the same and I think he's lost a slight edge since fighting Stipe last time so couldn't imagine that fight would go any better for him. More legendary style match ups for him in Bellator that make sense for him at this stage in his career, he could easily retire with the pay days he has received.

He's 1 fighter i wouldn't mind seeing killing jobbers in Japan/Rizin before retiring.

Especially after they changed the clinch rules on him in K1/DREAM.
Come back like godzilla for revenge.

Let’s see how his face heals up

as long as he can get good quality horse meat, then I say keep on trucking. WhateverReem will know when it's time to leave the gloves in the cage

Let’s see how his face heals up
This could be a glimpse into how he will look during the healing
giphy.gif

He's probably well past the point of needing an assisted living facility by 50, but why make it worse?

he needs to get his ass over to Bellator. He can juice all he wants, get a big paycheck, and smoke all of their heavyweights.

As many as he wants. Hes surprisingly still able to articulate words. Imo his CTE shows up strongest during fights with really bad lapses of judgement in the cage. Im a big Reem fan and while I dont wish pugilistic dementia on any fighter its his choice to make, Im not his father.

If I were with his team or I were a friend or family member I'd definitely give him "the talk". He fought to the very best of his ability tonight & was well ahead on the cards & he still got rather brutally stopped. No, he wasn't cleanly KTFO but he got dropped heavily, had his lip cleaved in half & was stopped. Enough is enough. This makes it into the teens how many times he's been KO'd or TKO'd. Why take any more punishment? He's probably already going to have issues with dementia as he gets older from the amount of abuse he's taken. Why have him fight more & exacerbate it?

He's probably well past the point of needing an assisted living facility by 50, but why make it worse?
I said the same exact thing in my reply but I was a bit more diplomatic while you just pulled no punches. But you're spot on. So, more power to you.

I said the same exact thing in my reply but I was a bit more diplomatic while you just pulled no punches. But you're spot on. So, more power to you.

I appreciate it, but your longer worded opinion means more because you've been there and lived it, and I'm guessing you've seen first hand the long term effects of brain damage due to fighting.

He should finish his contract. Get Uber again and crush some cans in Japan for a few year.

Go rizin or one where he can use his vitamins and become Uber again, finish your career knocking out some cans. Live happily ever after

With his salary he will fight as long as possible. And his fight are always entertaining. But health wise he probably should retire.

Back