Opinion How many more deaths is an economic collapse/this panic going to cause than C-19 ever will?

How many more deaths will an extended severely damaged economy cause than the Corona-cold?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How long do you think Americans will comply with forced quarantines, being out of work, and being stuck in the house by themselves? How long before Americans just start ignoring the govt and just doing what they want?

If they shut down grocery stores we’ll have chaos in the streets. It’s essential for society. If the U.S. goes to hell only non denominational, Republican and rebel Democrats will survive lol,

that wasn't really the point. it's an odd time when grocery clerks are "essential" and few others are - including some doctors. the point is - the vast majority of those employed in philly are now fucked.

and i know it's similar in ny/nj/ct. it's asinine.

Corona virus is overrated. It'll be forgotten about in 6 months

They're shutting down non essentials here. My employer says we are essential, but I'm not sure if that's correct. They like to bullshit. A coworker had to leave today. She had the shortness of breath and was vomiting.

<6>

Sucks because business is booming and I've been working so much this whole thing snuck up on me. Not stockpiled or prepared.

Looks like the virus might start sweeping through my job soon. Not sure what I do then. Between savings and cards I can make it MAYBE 2 months.

Not to mention I have asthma and respiratory infections/illnesses make me very sick. So if (when?) I do get it it's probably going to he bad. Guess I'll just hope for the best like a jackass

<Fedor23>

They're shutting down non essentials here. My employer says we are essential, but I'm not sure if that's correct. They like to bullshit. A coworker had to leave today. She had the shortness of breath and was vomiting.

<6>

Sucks because business is booming and I've been working so much this whole thing snuck up on me. Not stockpiled or prepared.

Looks like the virus might start sweeping through my job soon. Not sure what I do then. Between savings and cards I can make it MAYBE 2 months.

Not to mention I have asthma and respiratory infections/illnesses make me very sick. So if (when?) I do get it it's probably going to he bad. Guess I'll just hope for the best like a jackass

<Fedor23>
I hope it all works out ok for you... Us.

The repercussions seem worse than the problem but I did read this from Italy on google

“of those who have contracted the disease is 27,980 of whom 2,749 have recovered" I was under the impression the mortality rate was under 5-10% overall.

I’m thinking typo? And 2749 died? The disease is more fatal than they’re letting on or typo.

wish I had a source, took a pic but heaven forbid non paying members can share pictures on Sherdog

I seen this as well. They're reporting 10% mortality rate but from what I understand the number is high because their health care system is way over capacity. They don't have enough equipment to save people they otherwise would if the curve had been flattened. In a perfect world and at capacity health care system it should be around 2%. But well see.

Someone tries robbing me and their brains are gonna make a fucked up Picasso painting on my wall. Then I’ll comb over my 400 cans of soup and decide what I’ll have for dinner. I’m thinking about changing my name to Soup King.
I bet you cry like a baby

Someone tries robbing me and their brains are gonna make a fucked up Picasso painting on my wall. Then I’ll comb over my 400 cans of soup and decide what I’ll have for dinner. I’m thinking about changing my name to Soup King.
That would probably be Pollock rather than Picasso. But yeah. Same here. I don't take kindly to home invasions, I'm afraid. Now, I've never shot anyone before, and I would very much like to never have to, but I did at least make some configurations to a burglar's face a few years ago, and it's not something I particularly regret or would not do again.

Corona virus is overrated. It'll be forgotten about in 6 months
1929 has yet to be forgotten. Your historical understanding is overrated...regardless of said rating.

I've heard that if Dow goes under 20k points the market itself fails.

Is there any validity to this? If so, why?

My son is a lighting designer for bands like Breaking Benjamin & Five Finger Death Punch. He was just about to begin working a national tour with In This Moment on the 24th & now he's out of work for the foreseeable future. So, this virus has hit my family hard already.
That's unfortunate, but also cool! I work with LDs regularly; but yeah so many are fucked.
Especially any LD who took out a loan to buy production equipment and relies on rentals from events.

How long do you think Americans will comply with forced quarantines, being out of work, and being stuck in the house by themselves? How long before Americans just start ignoring the govt and just doing what they want?

They better start fucking with the numbers to make it look like the plague of Black Death, 'cause otherwise people ain't gonna put up with this shit for too much longer. When scores of folks start getting on the brink of losing their houses, the unrest will truly begin.

That's when the riot squads and national guard come out to "keep us safe"...

They better start fucking with the numbers to make it look like the plague of Black Death, 'cause otherwise people ain't gonna put up with this shit for too much longer. When scores of folks start getting on the brink of losing their houses, the unrest will truly begin.

That's when the riot squads and national guard come out to "keep us safe"...
= "Protect banks and big insurance interests which is the prime directive of our system at this point."

If it weren't for broadband internet and streaming services, there would be riots across the world right now. We're surprisingly easy to distract and pacify.

This thread is a perfect example of the delusional absurdity of the "just a flu" bros.

got a chuckle out of the poll choices though.
WE ARE ALL GONNA DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

NO PEANUTS ON AIRPLANES!!!!!! DON'T GO OUTSIDE OR CONTACT ANY1!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Bakeries in Italy that have been open for 300+ years are closing down because they want Biden to win.
So are movie theaters here...human beings can be convinced of absurdity rather easily...at least the vast vast vast majority of humans can.

That's unfortunate, but also cool! I work with LDs regularly; but yeah so many are fucked.
Especially any LD who took out a loan to buy production equipment and relies on rentals from events.

Thanks. Luckily I don't think he has any loans out at the moment. And he should be able to get back to work in July when Breaking Benjamin begins their next tour in July. But that's going to be a long stretch without work. Luckily, he doesn't live large when he's not touring. He splits an apartment with a friend of his & drives a modest car so his expenses aren't high. So, he should be able to get by on unemployment OK for a few months. But those individuals with families are really going to suffer.

A simple test for how to know if you are living in a bubble and suffering from an abysmal lack of perspective on how the world really works:

Does part of you wonder if the coronavirus, which broke out in China and is hitting Iran, South Korea and Western Europe much, MUUUUUCH harder than the US, is somehow connected to some ludicrous America-centric political conspiracy?

No: There is hope for you.
Yes: Welp ... the good news is your brain is so washed it's unlikely to spread coronavirus.

Back