Opinion How many more deaths is an economic collapse/this panic going to cause than C-19 ever will?

How many more deaths will an extended severely damaged economy cause than the Corona-cold?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
C-19 is obviously a globalist hoax.

they unleashed a highly contagious not so deadly virus to freak out everybody.

this will lead to world leaders taking 1st steps into creating a “more connected world” in order to combat global pandemics, terrorism n eventually creation of OWG (one world government). All the individual rights will be suppressed for the greater good.
Check the timing too. Spring is springing in the northern hemisphere, every sheep with a sniffle thinks they’re going to die.

if they had social media then, i can't imagine even the Black Death would get this level of treatment

this is the without a doubt the most hyperbolic thing I've ever seen in my life

it's not Greyscale FFS

I put 20K-100K

Based on swine flu outbreak numbers in the USA plus COVID-19's long incubation and R0. Increased paranoia will lead to a lot of stress on the hospitals around the country, but generally most people are not in the susceptible demographic. Economy will eventually recover in the summer (fingers crossed).

if they had social media then, i can't imagine even the Black Death would get this level of treatment

You don't think something that wiped out like a fifth of the world's population and manifested oozing boils and blisters would get this much attention?

this is the without a doubt the most hyperbolic thing I've ever seen in my life

Hmmm.

I think it's going to be a lot more. The current panic shopping and lack of supplies, the stress of losing your entire retirement, losing your job, the suicides and sickness resulting from it all, general misery... The measures being taken are going to cause thousands and thousands more deaths than C-19, and it's going to affect far, far more healthy working people. China has lost 5,000 from it so far, and the sick season is nearing an end. Those Chinese people spread all over China in that first month. Mono is more dangerous.

What is really dangerous to peoples health is a collapsed economy. Far more dangerous than the bad cold we are facing. I mean, people making decisions have to know this. This is common sense. Is it really about making sure no Bernie or Trump? Is it something like that? Because the measures being taken are going to cause more misery in peoples lives than C-19 by far.

What do you think will cause more lives in Italy? The lock downs or C-19? Right now C-19 is killing 350 or so per day. That's WITH the lock downs. How many would it be killing without? How many people are being killed daily by the lock downs?

(Hint: Most of us come from countries with a LOT more in common with Italy than with China.)

If you don't have a 90 day supply of EVERYTHING you are behind the curve.

Good luck.

Also, shame on you for not having enough foresight to take care of your family.
Hoarders deserve to get corona and/or robbed of everything they have, imo.

What do you think will cause more lives in Italy? The lock downs or C-19? Right now C-19 is killing 350 or so per day. That's WITH the lock downs. How many would it be killing without? How many people are being killed daily by the lock downs?

(Hint: Most of us come from countries with a LOT more in common with Italy than with China.)
Italy has a lot of old people who go out to places with and where young people are. That's actually different than America. You don't see 80 year old grandma at Starbacks with liberal glasses b*tch very often here. Most years Italy does that better.

Last edited:
This thread is a perfect example of the delusional absurdity of the "just a flu" bros.

got a chuckle out of the poll choices though.
H1N1 killed 12,000 in America.

You think it's going to be worse than that? That was called "The swine flu."

Hey sherdog I have $24,056.58 in my USAA federal savings account and $12,850.00 in my Chase saving. Should I cash out my money before the eventual market crash? What are the chances that I'm going to die this year? I'm freaking out someone tell me what to do.

The real question is:

When the death toll from mass panic gets no where near the death toll from the actual virus, will the TS have the integrity to admit his mistake, or will he just move on to another stupid prediction?

Italy has a lot of old people who go out to places with and where young people are. That's actually different than America. You don't see 80 year old grandma at Starbacks with liberal glasses b*tch very often here. Most years. Italy does that better.

Spain then? Two weeks ago they were losing about two people per week. A week ago they were losing about 10 people per day. Now they're losing about 40 people per day. What do you figure next week brings for them?

Ditto for France.

And why are we keying in on China? China has just over 50 cases per million in population. Italy now has over 450. Spain over 200. Germany and France over 80. And climbing. Fast.

All of those countries are a lot more trustworthy and transparent than China, and share a lot more in common with the US and Canada (where I am) than China does.

China stopped the spread through totalitarian measures. It didn't stop on its own.

Hey sherdog I have $24,056.58 in my USAA federal savings account and $12,850.00 in my Chase saving. Should I cash out my money before the eventual market crash? What are the chances that I'm going to die this year? I'm freaking out someone tell me what to do.

Don't ask other people for guidance on that sort of thing. All nations seem to be talking about massive cash infusions. Inflation is a real risk. Cash may not be the way to go. Or it may be, considering the risk that some stocks may go to zero... and they are valued in dollars. Who in hell knows?

The real question is:

When the death toll from mass panic gets no where near the death toll from the actual virus, will the TS have the integrity to admit his mistake, or will he just move on to another stupid prediction?
The effects of devastated economy take a little longer to pan out. If we exceed the 12,000 of H1N1, that would be a start. People losing their homes and failing 3-4-5-6 months behind on bills (healthy people) may not be as bad as a 82 year old with COPD dying, but maybe it's close...

Soooo much worse. The US has 4400 cases right now, and that has resulted in 77 deaths so far. With H1N1 that would be 1 death.

And this thing, left on its own, spreads just as fast as H1N1.

Get out your calculator. What's 77 times 12000?

COVID-19 is still spreading like wildfire, even with most of the civilized world under some form of quarantine. You're making light of its current death toll, but it would be magnitudes higher than ~7000 if affected governments did not immediately clamp down.

The bad news is the number of infected may be 30 times higher than reported. But that also means the fatality rate is a lot lower than the initial estimate.

Again until tens of millions or hundrend million die

It is overblown

Hey sherdog I have $24,056.58 in my USAA federal savings account and $12,850.00 in my Chase saving.
giphy-42.gif

Again until tens of millions or hundrend million die

It is overblown
So do you think the President is being an alarmist?

'This is a very bad one': Trump issues new guidelines to stem coronavirus spread

President Donald Trump on Monday acknowledged the gravity of the coronavirus pandemic, releasing strict new guidelines to limit people’s interactions in an increasingly urgent bid to slow the virus in the next two weeks before U.S. hospitals are overwhelmed.

“We have an invisible enemy,” the president said at a news conference, where he released guidelines that called for people to avoid gathering in groups of more than 10 people, steer clear of eating and drinking at bars, restaurants and food courts, and work or attend school from home whenever possible. “This is a bad one. This is a very bad one.”

The guidelines — including a strict recommendation that anyone with even minor symptoms stay home — are not mandatory. But they were issued with a sense of alarm and a frankness that Trump has not previously displayed.

The president acknowledged that the crisis — which has already killed thousands around the world and set off a plunge of world markets — could last until July or August and even plunge the nation into a recession. No country, including the United States, has it under control, he said, though he also suggested America could limit its death toll “if we do a really good job” responding now.

The president’s remarks reflect the increased urgency of the moment. As recently as Sunday, Trump was telling Americans to “relax” and that the pandemic would pass. And on Monday, White House economic adviser Larry Kudlow predicted that the outbreak would only impact the economy in the short term — “weeks and months,” he said, not years.

But hours later, Trump said the situation was “bad,” and administration officials pointed to new predictive modeling showing a need for more stringent social distancing measures. The case for aggressive social distancing is clear: A coronavirus vaccine is at least a year away, and the acceleration of the outbreak within the U.S. has put the it on track with some of the world’s hardest-hit nations.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/...ding-gatherings-of-more-than-10-people-132323

Back