Opinion How many more deaths is an economic collapse/this panic going to cause than C-19 ever will?

How many more deaths will an extended severely damaged economy cause than the Corona-cold?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You are the worst poster that posts in this forum, and you are a poor thinker. Everybody on both sides knows this. Enjoy that fact lol

Lol you’re mocked daily here and you have a sick twisted mind. You also admitted youd sleep with a 14-15 year old before and marry one of your daughters friends lol. You’re very disturbed.

Lol you’re mocked daily here and you have a sick twisted mind. You also admitted youd sleep with a 14-15 year old before and marry one of your daughters friends lol. You’re very disturbed.
No.. No it's just you and a couple others that are looking dumber and dumber each day. I said I wouldn't do that to the first, and if 17 and older it would have to be extraordinary circumstances. You are LITERALLY mentally disturbed, and all your posts end without periods and you come off like an unevolved hack with every post you make. I'm actually telling the truth. LOL

No.. No it's just you and a couple others that are looking dumber and dumber each day. I said I wouldn't do that to the first, and if 17 and older it would have to be extraordinary circumstances. You are LITERALLY mentally disturbed, and all your posts end without periods and you come off like an unevolved hack with every post you make. I'm actually telling the truth. LOL

Lol no you said those things. You’re a sicko and you hate women on top of all that. Your threads were better when you made them about “seeing too many black people during the day on commercials.” You should stick with those instead.

Lol no you said those things. You’re a sicko and you hate women on top of all that. Your threads were better when you made them about “seeing too many black people during the day on commercials.” You should stick with those instead.
Never said "too many." I said it was disproportionate to the countries demographics. I talked about it that one time, and then everybody else started noticing, making memes about it, and realizing how odd it was at times. I was wondering if there was a reason, and never indicated it was "too much."

Keep obsessively failing even while lying. lol

Never said "too many." I said it was disproportionate to the countries demographics. I talked about it that one time, and then everybody else started noticing, making memes about it, and realizing how odd it was at times. I was wondering if there was a reason, and never indicated it was "too much."

Keep obsessively failing even while lying. lol

lol see those threads are killer. Go back to them instead

Doesn't affect the point. It would be nice if we didn't have a corrupt moron for a president and we had testing in place to do track and trace instead of a broad shutdown, but given where we are now, just saying fuck it would be worse for the economy than temporarily doing shelter in place.

Saying "fuck it" and a government forced broad shutdown are not the only two options. There are plenty of ways to mitigate the spread of the virus without destroying so much economic activity. We may look back at the way Sweden handled this as the proper model to balance citizen's safety and economic security. A universal shut-down in a country as large and diverse in geography, climate, and people as the United States is likely doing far more damage than is truly necessary.

Well this thread hasn’t aged well.

But to be fair, it was asinine to begin with so I guess not much of a decline.

How long do you think Americans will comply with forced quarantines, being out of work, and being stuck in the house by themselves? How long before Americans just start ignoring the govt and just doing what they want?

30% or more unemployment combined with 3 months or more.

Um... the corona-cold (Coldvid-19) still hasn't killed even close to the normal flu (with vaccines)...

Thread is on point.

This is why politicians are never selfless. If you do all the right things, you have a bunch of morons that think it was all pointless. It's the complete absence of abstract thinking. If they can't see millions of dead bodies in the street, then it was a hoax. Literally cannot comprehend that by mitigating the cause, you have mitigated the effect. All they can see if the economic damage, since it is the only thing that is presently real.
Millions of people don't see an invisible man in the sky and don't think it's a hoax.

Millions of people see propaganda and think it's real.

I like how what you said is the complete opposite of reality, and now a majority of people using their brains are starting to weigh the respective damages like I did in the very beginning. Way to post opposite, bro.

It's looking like it did explode and kill a lot of people, but it's also looking like the economic collapse and failed "power consolidating at the top" half-assed lockdown didn't really do anything, so my initial prediction of 20,000-100,000 more early deaths caused by the trashing of the economy is accurate.

Yes, and the at-risk population in the US is estimated at about 60 percent.
The new coronavirus is a serious threat to the elderly, as federal officials have been at pains to note recently. But they have stepped gingerly around advice for another group of Americans also at special risk from the infection: those with chronic health conditions.

It is not a small group. An estimated 60 percent of all Americans have at least one chronic health condition, and 40 percent have more than one. (The figures include the elderly.) Heart disease, cancer, diabetes — all of these can exacerbate a coronavirus infection, studies show, increasing the odds of severe disease and death.​

So yeah, while healthy young adults and children have little risk of dying, they can still infect those who are more vulnerable. And beyond just the substantial number of elderly in this country are the millions on CPAP or dialysis.

If someone feels they are at risk, they should lock down and isolate. Theres no reason healthy people need to be locked down.

It's just exposing the house of cards that is the US economy. One bad event and the economy is on the brink of collapse.
Every economy is in collapse, and tons were already in a bad state (negative bond yields)

When the economy collapses, all of these piece of shit politicians are going to blame this virus and cite the paid off so called "experts" wildly ridiculous predictions. 100% orchestrated. And you lot fell for it hook, line, sinker.

Right before the west went into lockdown i remember a poster predicted exactly what would happen here in the war room.

That we would go through these historically unprecedented government enforced shelter in place type orders, isolating from one another like humans had never done before, leveraging all the bio tech, ai, big data, and decades of experience and education of millions of doctors, public heath officials, scientists. That it would suck ass but in the end it would do exactly what the experts said it would, it would slow the spread to a manageable level and millions would not die. That through unbelievable sacrifices and human will to adapt and survive we would beat the virus back!

That person also predicted that hard earned victory would be taken away from us. That the lack of deaths would be used as a weapon against the very people who crafted the public health response. "See HERP! NO DEATHS DERP! TOLD YOU THIS WAS AN OVERREACTION! JuST tHE FlU bRo!"

Wish I could remember who that poster was... I give them props for so accurately predicting the war room response.

Right before the west went into lockdown i remember a poster predicted exactly what would happen here in the war room.

That we would go through these historically unprecedented government enforced shelter in place type orders, isolating from one another like humans had never done before, leveraging all the bio tech, ai, big data, and decades of experience and education of millions of doctors, public heath officials, scientists. That it would suck ass but in the end it would do exactly what the experts said it would, it would slow the spread to a manageable level and millions would not die. That through unbelievable sacrifices and human will to adapt and survive we would beat the virus back!

That person also predicted that hard earned victory would be taken away from us. That the lack of deaths would be used as a weapon against the very people who crafted the public health response. "See HERP! NO DEATHS DERP! TOLD YOU THIS WAS AN OVERREACTION! JuST tHE FlU bRo!"

Wish I could remember who that poster was... I give them props for so accurately predicting the war room response.

It's not just a flu. Obviously. The transmission rate alone, and how fatal it is to the elderly paired with that, makes this an existential threat to far more people. I do wonder, if this was going to kill millions, why is Sweden's death rate pretty much middle of the pack and even ahead of other countries that took draconian measures? Why is Florida doing so well? What happens if the apocalyptic second wave doesn't leave a skyrocketing death toll in Georgia? And why is the biggest disaster area in North America by orders of magnitude, New York, a place where significant lockdowns were put in place?

Not really trying to be critical of you, per say, as I tend to agree - we're in a position where we can't really know what would have happened, and that becomes a shield for the conspiracy types to say "We should have done nothing! This was just a flu..." etc etc. The problem is, they (the just a flu crowd) got where they are by cherry picking what to look at and what not to to construct a narrative. What does it say about the "It was more than a flu" crowd when they act as if the lockdowns are the only reason those original numbers didn't come to pass, while ignoring that in places which didn't take these measures it didn't get that bad? As usual, the truth is likely somewhere in the middle, and both sides shoulder their partisan loads and march in line with their respective narratives to everyone's detriment.

This is all ignoring that even the UN is now predicting massive famines which are, in large part, due to the economic fallout from the policies in place.

https://www.latimes.com/world-natio...years-the-coronavirus-could-erase-those-gains

We all got so caught up in saying "It's just a flu! The economy is the only thing that matters" and "It's more than a flu! The economy is not worth just one death by the virus!" that we let our politics steer us away from the conversation that might have actually lead to courses of action that considered all factors and likely would have ended up saving the most lives. But hey everyone, quick! Cherry pick the example that suits your case, shove it in the face of someone on the other side, and do a victory lap...

Last edited:
It's not just a flu. Obviously. The transmission rate alone, and how fatal it is to the elderly paired with that, makes this an existential threat to far more people. I do wonder, if this was going to kill millions, why is Sweden's death rate pretty much middle of the pack and even ahead of other countries that took draconian measures? Why is Florida doing so well? What happens if the apocalyptic second wave doesn't leave a skyrocketing death toll in Georgia? And why is the biggest disaster area in North America by orders of magnitude, New York, a place where significant lockdowns were put in place?

Not really trying to be critical of you, per say, as I tend to agree - we're in a position where we can't really know what would have happened, and that becomes a shield for the conspiracy types to say "We should have done nothing! This was just a flu..." etc etc. The problem is, they (the just a flu crowd) got where they are by cherry picking what to look at and what not to to construct a narrative. What does it say about the "It was more than a flu" crowd when they act as if the lockdowns are the only reason those original numbers didn't come to pass, while ignoring that in places which didn't take these measures it didn't get that bad? As usual, the truth is likely somewhere in the middle, and both sides shoulder their partisan loads and march in line with their respective narratives to everyone's detriment.

This is all ignoring that even the UN is now predicting massive famines which are, in large part, due to the economic fallout from the policies in place.

https://www.latimes.com/world-natio...years-the-coronavirus-could-erase-those-gains

We all got so caught up in saying "It's just a flu! The economy is the only thing that matters" and "It's more than a flu! The economy is not worth just one death by the virus!" that we let our politics steer us away from the conversation that might have actually lead to courses of action that considered all factors and likely would have ended up saving the most lives. But hey everyone, quick! Cherry pick the example that suits your case, shove it in the face of someone on the other side, and do a victory lap...

Sweden has a society built to withstand this sort of thing. Half the homes only have 1 person residing in them, many people already had been working from home, lower population density, robust health care system... That plus they were also doing extensive voluntary social distancing, banned gatherings of over 50 etc. Its death rate is higher than its other nordic neighbors. They have a little less economic damage but a little more death.

Florida also locked down for some time and did not just do "nothing". They have been lucky so far as well (also maybe cooking the books a bit). Other places not so much like Italy, NY, Spain, Brazil. etc.

This virus does not have a uniform and predictable growth patten. It will take reach different communities at different rates based on various factors. There are already 100k dead in America. 350k world wide. That number would be obviously much much greater had we not not restructured our lives in such a drastic way. Not the end of the world, just lots more people taken before their time.

The economy was getting steam rolled no matter what we did. You could keep all the international borders, restaurants, stadiums open and allowed to run at full capacity, A very large percentage of people will not just engage in those activities during a serious pandemic, especially as it worsens beyond the very measly 5% penetration rate it is at now. If anything the lock down is what will allow economy to get back on track quicker.

It’s disappointing to see how dependent people are on their government and how useless they are at being self sufficient and self reliant. Pretty pathetic survival skills.

Back