Opinion How many more deaths is an economic collapse/this panic going to cause than C-19 ever will?

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by Amerikuracana, Mar 14, 2020.

?

How many more deaths will an extended severely damaged economy cause than the Corona-cold?

This poll will close on May 24, 2020 at 3:46 PM.
  1. 1,000-10,000

9.5%
  2. 10,000-20,000

2.4%
  3. 20,000-100,000

11.9%
  4. 100,000-1,000,000

19.0%
  5. +1,000,000

23.8%
  6. Crashed economies don't kill people or worsen lives more than C-19

19.0%
  7. I believe the hype and even though it's been months in China with only 3,000 deaths, It'll explode

14.3%
  1. Andy Capp

Andy Capp 2GM/c^2 belt Platinum Member

Well said but you're talking to someone who lives up to his nic to a very dedicated degree so I don't expect the message to get through.

TUFNewb likes this.
  2. dissectingaorticaneurysm

dissectingaorticaneurysm Red Belt

3. dissectingaorticaneurysm

dissectingaorticaneurysm Red Belt

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/24/time-shut-down-stock-market-145573
    Even lawmakers have started suggesting it's time for Wall Street to press pause to help calm the waters.

"Maybe close a day or two," Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) said on MSNBC on Thursday, raising concerns about so-called short-sellers — those who bet on stocks to fall — taking advantage of the declining market. "It's not an industry that we have to have."

"We don't want to be doing that," President Donald Trump said Monday at a White House news briefing, dismissing the need to shut down the New York Stock Exchange or Nasdaq.

4. Andy Capp

Andy Capp 2GM/c^2 belt Platinum Member

Nice sig, and thanks for saving the proof.

5. KING BONES

KING BONES The Skeleton King Yellow Card

So they caution-taped off children playground equipment in multiple parks around my area...you know to keep us safer...one of the ones "closed down" is actually for adults...it has parallel bars, pull up bars, monkey bars...etc. I'm thinking of removing the tape and using the equipment in a courageous move to highlight the absurdity that the powers that be are imposing upon us and our freedoms all over the flu.

I am quite talented at controlling and swaying mobs...but at some point when they revert into pure social justice warrioring even I am not talented enough to control them. For those of you who go out there and try to speak against the obvious absurdity that the mob follows, be careful. Humans tend to follow logical explanations as individuals, but the common man is quick to side-step any logical evidence that speaks against the herd.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
    Ronoc Rogergcm and PHATV like this.
  6. Amerikuracana

Amerikuracana Plutonium Belt

What a completely stupid thing you posted there. Congrats on posting a really stupid thing. Maybe the dumbest of the day. Can anybody find anything dumber than re-posting what this Josie idiot said here?

It's the workers living paycheck to paycheck more than anybody. They will not have health insurance. They will lose their property. Their lives will be much harder. Wanting to not crash the economy is to benefit "Americans." I can't even lol.. Literally lol

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
    Ronoc Rogergcm and PHATV like this.
  7. PHATV

PHATV FREE @RR!!! Platinum Member

Madness.

We need to get back to work ASAP. For those who are older and/or have serious preexisting conditions, let them elect to stay home/work from home if possible or use leave, vacation, PTO or FMLA if they so choose. However we can help them, but for the rest of us, it's time to get this show on the road. You will be exposed at some point no matter how long you try to hide. Now, then, the only difference is the economy and your bleeding 401k over what is/will be a non-event from a death standpoint similar to H1N1 in the US in 2009 that killed 13,000. We're going to be fine.

8. welcometohavoc

welcometohavoc Yellow Card

justalurker likes this.
  9. Mani

Mani Blue Belt

10. Rek Rekington

Rek Rekington It ain't easy being greasy.

Less people to spread the bat soup lung.

andnowweknow and Prokofievian like this.
  11. DivineMind

DivineMind Green Belt

This is the dumbest Republican talking point in awhile, and that's saying something.

If the economy crashed and the government did absolutely nothing to help people out, sure that'd be tough for a lot of people, would it kill more than covid? Not a chance, to imply that is ridiculous.

On the other hand, if the government, you know, did something to actually help people in need if the economy crashed, something tells me we'd all be alright.

What the Republicans seem to be saying is that we can't possibly shut things down for too long because that would force us to actually provide substantial economic assistance to people, and since the Republicans would rather let us all die than usher in another New Deal, a lot of people would die.

Crock of shit

12. tonni

tonni 2019 Snitch of the Year

Kafir-kun, BEER, 7437 and 1 other person like this.
  13. MilesAbove

MilesAbove Gold Belt

Maybe you should have taken it more seriously, then? If y'all hadn't scoffed at it, maybe we'd be in a better place. Actions had to be taken because unchecked we would have looked at a 2-4% of the population poofing away. Call me crazy, but I like my parents alive.

14. dezzy

dezzy Brown Belt

hasn't this thread already happened, same title word for word?

[​IMG]

15. xcvbn

xcvbn Gold Belt

Mortality rates dropped during the Great Depression.

Zero factual basis for the OP

16. 7437

7437 Gold Belt

I mean..... if we have a pretty significant population bump from people fucking while inside, and then we lose all life on earth you could get to squaring 9 million.

tonni likes this.
  17. Damien Karras

Damien Karras Mirabile dichtu, don't you agree?

Not to mention Trump did things in reverse prior to the pandemic. He inherited an already strong economy but instead of raising or keeping the same tax rate and decreasing spending, he lowered taxes and increased government spending. The U.S had just recovered from the previous depression and needed to stockpile public funds for the next crisis. Now the US is in a crisis where the economy is slowing down dramatically and Trump has his foot in his ass. He knows the economic recovery from this will be a lot harder due to the prior choices his government made so he's trying to thread a needle in handling a serious public health crisis while maintaining confidence in the markets. You can't shut down 40% of industry for an indeterminate amount of time and maintain confidence. Also, if your narrative is "oh this is serious now but soon this will all blow over, probably by easter" people are not going to it seriously, especially when you change your forecast every other day. The only ones who have remained consistent in this whole thing are the Medical experts who know what kind of shitstorm we are in, along with actual economists who can advise the President on how to proceed to lessen the impact on the economy (despite him ignoring their first recommendations before the crisis). But we have a President who is more worried about his re-election in November than trying to manage his country through a very difficult crisis. When you have someone tweeting about how his ratings are high when he makes a public address, you no longer wonder where his priorities are.

800+ deaths in America today due to the virus, this is really just beginning

18. StantsA

StantsA Brown Belt Platinum Member

Good. I cannot wait to buy all of their homes and rent them to their families. :)

Teppodama likes this.
  19. MMAisGod

MMAisGod Ya keep pushing or ya quit. That simple.

dezzy likes this.
  20. Ophydian

Ophydian Black Belt

Greedy Republicans on Fox tell me the US is going to burn and black people are going to riot and rape all the white women.