How many MMA fans support Jon Bone Jones?

Freddy Mercury

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Let's find out how many sherdoggers support Jon Jones. I do but I suspect most people don't. My view is that a champion has much more say in who and when he/she will fight than a contender. Plus, Dana did what Dana often does by opening his mouth before he has all his ducks in a row. This is just promotion and is usually not a problem. It certainly works well for up and coming fighters who are willing to do a lot to get on White's good side, however; many champions seem to bristle at this and want a bit more respect.

Regardless, do you support Jon Jones in his wish to fight Daniel Cormier before Gus?

Last edited:
VERY few. I'm not one of them. I can actually read people's intentions and don't have naive views of the world.

All of Sherdog with the constant threads made in his name for any little trivial thing he says or does.

No.

I respect him and realize that he is the best in the game right now.

# of Sherdoggers who support Jon Jones > # of Sherdoggers who gave a fuck about Gus before the Jones fight and are only now on the bandwaggon to see Jones go down

He already beat Gus, I don't need to see that rematch for another year at least. DC is the better choice (truthfully I was all for Gus fighting DC first and the winner getting Jones at the end of the year. An unlikely scenario now but I would approve)

Do not support him fighting anyone but Gus next.

# of Sherdoggers who support Jon Jones > # of Sherdoggers who gave a fuck about Gus before the Jones fight and are only now on the bandwaggon to see Jones go down

He already beat Gus, I don't need to see that rematch for another year at least. DC is the better choice (truthfully I was all for Gus fighting DC first and the winner getting Jones at the end of the year. An unlikely scenario now but I would approve)

I agree, he already beat Gus and let Gus have 2 fights against top 5 contenders before he gets another shot. Or even 2 fights, one against a top 10 and then next against a top five.

I respect his fighting skills but don't like how he's been avoiding the rematch with Gus.

I think Jones understands business. What good is it to rush rematch I mean look at Cain and jds both far above anyone else in the division and now the ufc has keep them from each other after 3 fight in one year. Rivals need to be spread out

I don't support him fighting DC next. I think DC is the more dangerous matchup, too, but business is business. he shouldn't have any leverage in this situation, despite how great he is. fight gus or drop your belt.

Jon Jones is an absolutely ruthless fighter; footstomps, that attempted arm break on Teixeira, using opponents' own style to humiliate them. A true predator.

Not invincible though, and can be discouraged.

I do not care who he fights next.

I just want to see him fight.

Though, I suppose Jones vs DC would be awesome just because of the amount of butthurt it would cause from all the people saying he's trying to duck Gus.

If you consider yourself a fan of MMA there is no reason not to support JONES, No one approaches the game like he does I call it "Beautiful Destruction". He beats fighters at their own game, Not GSP or A silva approached the fight game Like JJ. Along with his Martial Arts skill now he is taking charge of his career, he is the champ and has the most light heavyweight defenses in history. At the end of the day it's cool to see him be his own man and not a slave to the UFC, at the end of the day Jones himself is becoming his own brand. When he releases his shoes it gets sold out within minutes, Gatorade, nike everlast the man is changing the sport and doing things no one else before him has done..

He knows Cormier has an LCL tear, I would do the same thing :icon_twis

If by support you mean buy his fights, then yes. Otherwise no.

He said he was going to fight Gus after Texeira given both win their fights, he fucking said it... no fuck no, I dont respect a champion going back on his word

Especially given the fact that Comier is going to surgery and oh now he wants to fight him... Jones seems like the kind of fighter who will do ANYTHING to hold on his belt including playing dirty and not fighting opponents at their 100%, I dont respect that, so no up until now I didnt understand the hate on Jones, but this speaks greatly of his honor, he doesnt have any, fuck him

If you consider yourself a fan of MMA there is no reason not to support JONES, No one approaches the game like he does I call it "Beautiful Destruction". He beats fighters at their own game, Not GSP or A silva approached the fight game Like JJ. Along with his Martial Arts skill now he is taking charge of his career, he is the champ and has the most light heavyweight defenses in history. At the end of the day it's cool to see him be his own man and not a slave to the UFC, at the end of the day Jones himself is becoming his own brand. When he releases his shoes it gets sold out within minutes, Gatorade, nike everlast the man is changing the sport and doing things no one else before him has done..

Jesus, man.

I think if Jones handed you a pitcher of cyanide-filled Kool Aid you wouldn't hesitate before slamming it.

Support? I like watching him fight so in that much I'm a fan. His personality? Couldn't say he seems like a dude I'd want to have a beer with or whatever but I don't give a shit. I'm watching him fight not drinking with him.

Back