How many MMA fans support Jon Bone Jones?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Freddy Mercury, Jun 3, 2014.

1. Freddy Mercury

Freddy Mercury Banned Banned

Let's find out how many sherdoggers support Jon Jones. I do but I suspect most people don't. My view is that a champion has much more say in who and when he/she will fight than a contender. Plus, Dana did what Dana often does by opening his mouth before he has all his ducks in a row. This is just promotion and is usually not a problem. It certainly works well for up and coming fighters who are willing to do a lot to get on White's good side, however; many champions seem to bristle at this and want a bit more respect.

Regardless, do you support Jon Jones in his wish to fight Daniel Cormier before Gus?

Last edited: Jun 3, 2014
  2. I Hate You

I Hate You _________________

VERY few. I'm not one of them. I can actually read people's intentions and don't have naive views of the world.

3. berimBOWLoh

berimBOWLoh Silver Belt

i want to see him fight Cormier 1st.

4. Kalmah

Kalmah Gold Belt

No.

5. Bacon Bits

Bacon Bits Banned Banned

All of Sherdog with the constant threads made in his name for any little trivial thing he says or does.

6. Kanster

Kanster Guest

No.

I respect him and realize that he is the best in the game right now.

7. spid3yo

spid3yo Guest

# of Sherdoggers who support Jon Jones > # of Sherdoggers who gave a fuck about Gus before the Jones fight and are only now on the bandwaggon to see Jones go down

He already beat Gus, I don't need to see that rematch for another year at least. DC is the better choice (truthfully I was all for Gus fighting DC first and the winner getting Jones at the end of the year. An unlikely scenario now but I would approve)

8. SnowBlynd

SnowBlynd Red Belt

Do not support him fighting anyone but Gus next.

9. Freddy Mercury

Freddy Mercury Banned Banned

I agree, he already beat Gus and let Gus have 2 fights against top 5 contenders before he gets another shot. Or even 2 fights, one against a top 10 and then next against a top five.

10. chaoticmayhem

chaoticmayhem Brown Belt

I respect his fighting skills but don't like how he's been avoiding the rematch with Gus.

11. extreme123

extreme123 Blue Belt

I think Jones understands business. What good is it to rush rematch I mean look at Cain and jds both far above anyone else in the division and now the ufc has keep them from each other after 3 fight in one year. Rivals need to be spread out

12. Goodfella86

Goodfella86 Gold Belt

I don't support him fighting DC next. I think DC is the more dangerous matchup, too, but business is business. he shouldn't have any leverage in this situation, despite how great he is. fight gus or drop your belt.

13. Dynamite Roll

Dynamite Roll White Belt

Jon Jones is an absolutely ruthless fighter; footstomps, that attempted arm break on Teixeira, using opponents' own style to humiliate them. A true predator.

Not invincible though, and can be discouraged.

14. FallonFoxGOAT

FallonFoxGOAT Banned Banned

I do not care who he fights next.

I just want to see him fight.

Though, I suppose Jones vs DC would be awesome just because of the amount of butthurt it would cause from all the people saying he's trying to duck Gus.

15. drewmoney

drewmoney White Belt

If you consider yourself a fan of MMA there is no reason not to support JONES, No one approaches the game like he does I call it "Beautiful Destruction". He beats fighters at their own game, Not GSP or A silva approached the fight game Like JJ. Along with his Martial Arts skill now he is taking charge of his career, he is the champ and has the most light heavyweight defenses in history. At the end of the day it's cool to see him be his own man and not a slave to the UFC, at the end of the day Jones himself is becoming his own brand. When he releases his shoes it gets sold out within minutes, Gatorade, nike everlast the man is changing the sport and doing things no one else before him has done..

16. drewmoney

drewmoney White Belt

He knows Cormier has an LCL tear, I would do the same thing :icon_twis

17. Hans Gercmiov

Hans Gercmiov Titanium Belt

If by support you mean buy his fights, then yes. Otherwise no.

18. thetruth2709

thetruth2709 Red Belt

He said he was going to fight Gus after Texeira given both win their fights, he fucking said it... no fuck no, I dont respect a champion going back on his word

Especially given the fact that Comier is going to surgery and oh now he wants to fight him... Jones seems like the kind of fighter who will do ANYTHING to hold on his belt including playing dirty and not fighting opponents at their 100%, I dont respect that, so no up until now I didnt understand the hate on Jones, but this speaks greatly of his honor, he doesnt have any, fuck him

19. BisexualMMA

BisexualMMA Don't Put My Name in the Name of Steroids!

Jesus, man.

I think if Jones handed you a pitcher of cyanide-filled Kool Aid you wouldn't hesitate before slamming it.

20. CajunOutlaw

CajunOutlaw Purple Belt

Support? I like watching him fight so in that much I'm a fan. His personality? Couldn't say he seems like a dude I'd want to have a beer with or whatever but I don't give a shit. I'm watching him fight not drinking with him.