How many losses in a row would it take for you not to tune into a McGregor fight?

As long as he's still an entertaining fighter, I'll tune in. Don't care if he has 100 losses but still puts on good fights.

Honestly, a lot
I always kept futility hoping that Bj could turn back the clock and find some of the old magic

i watch almost every card, and they all have far worse fighters on them than Conor

so a lot

He won't stay around for that many losses. If he loses 2 more he will go away and then have some surgery and blame it on an injury the way Askren did.

“Me heart was in it but me body wasn’t cooperating. Unfortunately that’s the reality of the thee fight game. But I’ll always have me hands in the sport...”

Poirier loss KO2
Cowboy win KO1
Khabib loss Sub4
Mayweather loss TKO 10

Oh lol, cut the nonsense. Are you really going to count the Floyd fight? We're talking about his pro career as a mma fighter not including an exhibition bout for two guys to get rich, pardon me, richer.

Boxing excluded

I skipped the Nate rematch / Floyd / Cerrone / Poirier rematch. I watched the Khabib fight because Khabib.

Oh lol, cut the nonsense. Are you really going to count the Floyd fight? We're talking about his pro career as a mma fighter not including an exhibition bout for two guys to get rich, pardon me, richer.

Boxing excluded

The subject matter is whether Conor will be able to continue to draw attention to his fights without winning.

That is his most viewed and most well known fight among the people who buy PPVs.

It is 100% relevant in this discussion. Arguably more so than any of the other fights save maybe Khabib, which was also an extremely high profile loss.

The subject matter is whether Conor will be able to continue to draw attention to his fights without winning.

That is his most viewed and most well known fight among the people who buy PPVs.

It is 100% relevant in this discussion. Arguably more so than any of the other fights save maybe Khabib, which was also an extremely high profile loss.

Well then if were gonna count the Floyd let's look into the numbers and see how losses affect his ability to draw from his first loss. And counting it actually does benefit him cause in a loss his stock actually rose after Floyd.

Loses to Diaz, PPV does 1.3 million, in the return fight after the loss the PPV does 1.6million

Floyd sold 4.3 mill in a loss. Comes back to face Khabib and off that loss and sells 2.4 million. Faces Cerrone of that loss and does 1.3 million, then recently does 1.6 vs Poirier.

So what conclusions can we draw from this??

People will watch him no matter how many times he looses. He has so many haters here they will all gleefully watch. I hope he runs it back with Dustin though

I'll watch a fighter lose every fight if they bring a war with them. Sometimes entertainment is worth more than watching someone edge the fight. To Conor's credit he took the to Dustin and didn't look like he was cashing a check, he was still going for the KO.

He’s an exciting fighter and people will watch but I think after his last ko loss his mystique or whatever is gone. He did fairly well against khabib so he was good for another opportunity but losing to a non champ by ko was brutal for him I feel.

His fans thought their god returned when he throttled Cerrone

He needs to step back his competition, actually take fights he can win.

If he starts reaching Chuck Liddell territory, I'd be more likely to tune in
<{jackyeah}>

Only glory-chasing dick-riders stop tuning in when one of their favorite fighter drops a few. I will take every opportunity I have to see a fighter I appreciate compete...or a fighter I fuckin hate (Conor) get his shit pushed in.

I'll always tune in to watch him get finished. Watching McGregor get knocked out or choked out is the greatest feeling I've experienced in my life. Nothing brings me more sexual pleasure than watching him get finished.

I didn't even watch his last one vs Poirier. Technically O watched but a few days after, so I already don't xare much.

Back