How many losses in a row would it take for you not to tune into a McGregor fight?

hbombfromhell

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Personally, I enjoy watching his fights even if he gets beat. I hope he sticks around for another 10 fights or so even if he loses 7 of them as long as he is not getting serious injuries.

Kevin Lee said Conor's stock has gone up after the Poirier fight because the public enjoy watching him get beat up. Not sure if that is 100% the case but it was an interesting pov.

Last edited:
Personally, I enjoy watching his fights even if he gets beat. I hope he sticks around for another 10 fights or so even if he loses 7 of them as long as he is not getting serious injuries.
He won't stay around for that many losses. If he loses 2 more he will go away and then have some surgery and blame it on an injury the way Askren did.

The hardcores will watch just like they watched Silva. The person at home who isn't a fan that the UFC primarily makes the lion's share of their money from on big fights? They will probably nope the fuck out if he loses 2 more. The UFC will in turn cut his pay.

Honestly it's hard to know cause arguably he had a much bigger social impact vs Silva so who knows. Could be like boxing where people recognize the name and tune in regardless.

I suppose both can happen and I would lean more towards his name having more staying power.

Let's hope he wins some at least.

It isn't about his losing streak but who he is fighting. Would I watch Dustin KO Conor again, definitely. Or maybe Khabib comes out retirement to stuff Conor back into his pocket. But to see Conor fight Kevin Lee, that better be on ESPN for free, not ESPN+ or anything that costs me money.

How many fights does he have left on the current contract?

I watch fighters lose every time I tune in. Mcgregor losing isn’t going to keep me from watching.

I watch every single fight so it doesn’t matter who wins or loses.

What type of casual stops watching if their guy loses...

even when he loses he always makes it fun because of his style, so ill never not watch honestly

I watch every single fight so it doesn’t matter who wins or loses.

What type of casual stops watching if their guy loses...

I'd understand if any BJ fan didn't tune in for one of those last three fights. Imagine seeing your guy have the worst performance ever in the third Edgar fight, then you hype yourself up for another comeback (this time he's motivated again!) and he gets destroyed. Then he's getting fucked by guys like Siver, Hall and Guida. Yeah I might pass on the last 2-3 of those to be honest. In between he's getting knocked out by fat dudes in street fights.

d2bef5c938cbd61612db3375c399cfa0.png

I'd understand if any BJ fan didn't tune in for one of those last three fights. Imagine seeing your guy have the worst performance ever in the third Edgar fight, then you hype yourself up for another comeback (this time he's motivated again!) and he gets destroyed. Then he's getting fucked by guys like Siver, Hall and Guida. Yeah I might pass on the last 2-3 of those to be honest. In between he's getting knocked out by fat dudes in street fights.

d2bef5c938cbd61612db3375c399cfa0.png

nah...
1. I literally watch all of the fights. From first prelim of the night to main event.

2. BJ isn’t a good guy and people keep pretending this is just CTE and not just him being a tool.

nah...
1. I literally watch all of the fights. From first prelim of the night to main event.

2. BJ isn’t a good guy and people keep pretending this is just CTE and not just him being a tool.

Well if you're literally watching every UFC fight then naturally you're going to see them all. You're in a pretty small minority there though.

Then again when I look at my example and I compare it to Silva. He quit because of a leg kick against Cannonier and he got fucked by journeyman Hall. And I'm still able to get hyped for a random Bellator fight because I'm holding on to his Adesanya performance where he looked at least decent. Maybe if he gets clowned by an average Bellator fighter next I'd tap out.

Well if you're literally watching every UFC fight then naturally you're going to see them all. You're in a pretty small minority there though.

Then again when I look at my example and I compare it to Silva. He quit because of a leg kick against Cannonier and he got fucked by journeyman Hall. And I'm still able to get hyped for a random Bellator fight because I'm holding on to his Adesanya performance where he looked at least decent. Maybe if he gets clowned by an average Bellator fighter next I'd tap out.

Live by the sword, die by the sword unfortunately

I still watch Shogun fight and that’s rough
but I cannot see myself avoiding a fight card or fight simply because someone was washed.

Back