How many lbs force do haymakers generate?

The real answer is 1.815 million Kilograms.

I'm going to actually be serious and venture to say that it could be no more than half of his weight, and realistically closer to a quarter of it, for one such blow would primarily be delivered by the shoulders and arms with little in the way of hips or legs or leverage, and the mass of the arm muscles are fairly slight in comparison (50% of the body weight is in the legs if I'm not mistaken)

Of course, such a blow on the jaw may well be enough to hurt a similarly untrained opponent nonetheless. Beyond this, an untrained opponent wouldn't know how to position his body to redirect the force of a punch. They stand bolt-upright and wonder why they get knocked clean out when their knees, spine, neck etc are not braced to defuse the force of blows.

But it is actually impossible to give you a concrete answer in terms of kinetic energy or pounds per square inch or anything like that, without doing actual science. That would be a better question for Physics students, not boxing fans, lol

4 million sounds correct. Even a glancing blow is devastating:

puddle.gif

4,000,000 unless he's hurt his big toe, then it's 3.

Well you gotta ask if the guy has legs.

If the guy doesn't have legs and therefore has incredibly strong, ape-like arms then the figure of 4k thousands is a bit of a silly idea.

You ever been hit by a guy in a wheelchair? Nope,

Didn't think so.

This should be posted in the MMA forum since all the ko's in MMA result from haymakers

Haymakers only look like they are powerful, but people need to keep in mind that haymakers generate less than 6, or even as low as 5 million.

Probably more likely around exactly 4 million, but that's pushing it even though that's actually a scientifically accurate number, not a lbs higher or lower.

Well you gotta ask if the guy has legs.

If the guy doesn't have legs and therefore has incredibly strong, ape-like arms then the figure of 4k thousands is a bit of a silly idea.

You ever been hit by a guy in a wheelchair? Nope,

Didn't think so.

True story, I once watched a double-amputee beat the hell out of his non-amputee brother. Once he was able to grab on to anything, the other guy was in for a bad time.

Back